What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS3 vs XBOX 360

Jono078

Referee
I'm talking about the terminator dude who has to make a decision, u brushed off those 2 points but I said it's not about that, it's listing what each offers then terminator can decide :)

PS3 offers more without having to pay an ongoing fee to use it's full feature set.

TiggaPlease

I've had a ps3 for a couple of years and i love it.

I just got a 360 today as well - a 60gb pro for only 299.

Both have great exclusives and both have their pro's and cons.

If you're planning on playing online I'd recommend getting the console that most of your friends have as this does add to the enjoyment.

The controllers come down to personal preference and I've loved the Dual Shock since the PS1 but still find that the 360 controller is great too, If the left stick on the DS3 was in the same place it is on the 360 it would be a heaps uncomfortable controller and vice versa.

Just do your research and pick which one suits you best or if you've got a few bucks spare nab both.

simmo1

First Grade
NdGzw.jpg

nöyd

Staff member
Lol it was in jest.

I've made valid points for the original poster to read haven't I?

Yes you have and no-one has said otherwise, although admitting to purposely sh*t-stirring seems to bring the fanboys out even moreso for a big bitchfest, just makes it hard for the OP to get a definitive answer if he has to wade through multiple pages of crud is all.

He should get a 360 btw :cool:

But...you have given me a great idea for a thread. Stay tuned. :p

cupid

Juniors
I have both an 360 and a PS3, Both are about in equal in terms of what they have to offer. If I had to chose one it would be the one all my friends have.

user_nat

Coach
The main reason I went with 360 > PS3 is because that's what my friends have.

Hard to split the 2 otherwise. PS3 is better value for money at this point IMO.

I'm pretty sure you would be happy either way.

Last edited:

tokerShark

Juniors
IMO xbox 360 is a better machine for online gaming, i buy all multi platform games on 360, i only use ps3 to watch blu ray movies and play ps3 exclusives.

by the way jono, xbox 360 conTROLLers are better:D

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Hate the 360 controllers. There's a reason the dual shock has been around for so long.

Plus you need to buy batteries for 360 controller.

Ps3 online is free.

360 is already starting to struggle with fitting games on 1 DVD disk. Ps3 bluray disks still have plenty of storage space.

And also now you could argue it's 360 holding the ps3 back because most multi platform games are being made for 360 then ported to ps3.

Ps3 still has a lot of upturn to it while 360 has just about reached it's limits IMO.

Yes to give people RSI and Carpal Tunnel. Ergonomically the PS3 controller is one of the worst controllers ever made. The D-PAD on it is great, but the rest of it is garbage IMO, I wish someone would make a 360 controller clone for the PS3 for me to use it.

adamkungl

Immortal
Xbox 360 control is the best in console gaming history. pretty rubbish dpad, the rest is fantastic. Overall better than any other

GB!

Juniors
IMO the best available console in Aust is the original 60GB PS3 (CECH02 model).
can do pretty much all you'd want from a gaming machine and it plays all your old PS1 & PS2 favourites too!

Latest posts