What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS3 vs XBOX 360

Thomas

First Grade
I just whacked in a 500gb HDD into my PS3.

My media centre is now complete.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I just whacked in a 500gb HDD into my PS3.

My media centre is now complete.

Using my PS3 as a media player drove me crazy after 2 or 3 weeks, the features and interface are terrible.

A 2-3 year old spare PC + BDROM Drive + extra hard drives with linux and XBMC make for a heaps better media center.

Thomas

First Grade
Using my PS3 as a media player drove me crazy after 2 or 3 weeks, the features and interface are terrible.

A 2-3 year old spare PC + BDROM Drive + extra hard drives with linux and XBMC make for a heaps better media center.

I struggled with streaming due to the fact my wireless connection is at its limits. Brick walls etc. On the weekend I just plugged in my caddy and copied a whole bunch of movies and TV shows across.

Creating a media centre PC is on my list of things to do...but the PS3 will suffice until then

Jono078

Referee
I have no problems with the media centre side of it. I love it actually.

Good taking the PS3 into the lounge room then streaming a movie you just got to the PS3.

Saves you burning DVDs etc.

After looking through all the content, think I've made the choice. :lol:
Still, it's a few months before I get it.

Generalzod

Immortal
Alright, alright. People should know that I am a Wii owner. Later in the year we are moving, and we would like to buy ourselves one of these consoles. So, in the opinions of people here, which is better? At the moment I am leaning towards the PS3.

PS3
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- PSone classics
- Blu-Ray player inclusion

Can anybody sway me to which is better?

I have both but PS3 will have a killer game that will sell like hot gates GOD OF WAR 3....already getting awesome reviews.
Also PS3 is alot better to upgrade, I just change my hard drive from a 40 gig to a 500 gig .

Last edited:
Already got a Wii :lol:
I think it'll end up being the PS3, the gf and I prefer the content. But, we're still looking into what the 360 has in the next few months, probably especially at E3.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
PS3 all day, every day. You can import games, no region hassles so you can play games from the world over, you have a Blue Ray player, excellent multimedia options, free online gaming ... easy choice. PS3.

p.s. I own both, got 360 first, regret making the purchase. It's only saving grace is games like Gears Of War I and II.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I have both but PS3 will have a killer game that will sell like hot gates GOD OF WAR 3....already getting awesome reviews.
Also PS3 is alot better to upgrade, I just change my hard drive from a 40 gig to a 500 gig .

That's because you generally need to if you have a large collection of games. The 360 doesn't require you to do game installs like many PS3 games do. The smallest hard drive a xbox ships with now is 60gb (excluding arcade obviously), which is more than enough for save games and XBLA titles.

Every system has some pretty great exclusives, it just depends on what game tickles your fancy the most. Mass Effect 2 IMO is a far better exclusive than GOW 3. But each to their own.

Shorty

Staff member
I just got a ps3 from the partner, but was leaning towards it if I bought one anyways.
In terms of prices, the ps3 is going to be more value than the 360 in the long run.

BissyB

Juniors
You guys are all freaking rich.

Im living life with a Nintendo 64 and a PS2.

OH YEAH

Choppies

Coach
Im getting a PS3 soon ish. I have a 360 but I just think ps3 is coming into it's own now. I think it will be a while before developers see how powerful it is and that will see it outlast the 360. Only downer now is that the new PS3's arn't backwards compatible. Good thing is I don't have a blu ray player so the PS3 will be used to blu ray movies as well

DeeJ

Bench
I have a ps3. Very happy with it although mostly I got it for the release of Metal Gear Solid 4. The only thing I don't like is sony screwing us around and releasing better versions of it with more hard drive space so I have to upgrade sometime.

Latest posts