What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS3 vs XBOX 360

Thomas

First Grade
I have a ps3. Very happy with it although mostly I got it for the release of Metal Gear Solid 4. The only thing I don't like is sony screwing us around and releasing better versions of it with more hard drive space so I have to upgrade sometime.

Just do the upgrade yourself. I whacked a 500gb HDD in mine a month or so ago.

And as for backwards compatability? I really couldn't give a stuff. My PS2 games are gathering dust.

Special K

Coach
I have all 3 and PS3 is my favorite. I've had a 360 for years now so maybe it is wearing off on me but I just think the PS3 is easier to use. Only down side is that the PS3 seems to need an update every time I turn it on.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You guys are all freaking rich.

Im living life with a Nintendo 64 and a PS2.

OH YEAH

Lol I got my brand new PS3 for $100 from JB Hi Fi. It was for my birthday, and people gave me money and JB Hi Fi cards. By the time it was all added up, I only needed to pay $100 out of my own pocket! Bargain? Hell yes!!!!

I have all 3 and PS3 is my favorite. I've had a 360 for years now so maybe it is wearing off on me but I just think the PS3 is easier to use. Only down side is that the PS3 seems to need an update every time I turn it on.

Haha I don't keep mine connected to the net because of that (that and I don't play online).

But I guess the updates are good.

Thomas

First Grade
Those updates can suck but I am glad they keep refining the system.

For what it is worth, I usually download the update on my PC and update my PS3 via USB. It can be a lot quicker, especially when getting the update from another site.

renouf

Juniors
I'd take a 360 anyday over a ps3 for a couple of reasons:

1) 360 controller is better
2) You can mod the 360 easily and with all the benefits that come with it

One downside to the 360 is region locked games, there are a few titles that are ntsc locked which I'd like to play.

sydraider

First Grade
I'd take a 360 anyday over a ps3 for a couple of reasons:

1) 360 controller is better
2) You can mod the 360 easily and with all the benefits that come with it

One downside to the 360 is region locked games, there are a few titles that are ntsc locked which I'd like to play.

I would have purchased a 360 whilst waiting for a ps3 if it wasnt for that controller, hideous things they are, feel so wrong. Guess I been a PS boy for too long just too used to those controls.

bigsam

Juniors
I love PS3 because a simple reason that I love Final Fantasy series and I can play Final Fantasy games on PS3

Blazikenblade

Juniors
Are you guys sure that the PS3 is actually backward compatible?

I have been a PS fan since the times it was a small grey rectangular box (^_^) I went to Xbox 360 recently for the japanese rpgs it has for the momet till I have enough funds for the PS3. Most of my friends have Xboxs so I joined along.

I cant wait to have a PS3 myself soon, I hope to, so many games I'm missing out on like MGS4 :( My cousin has troubles with lag when hes online in particular when he plays COD, anyone can give me tips on how to improve his gaming experience? He uses Bigpond Adsl Broadband

Thomas

First Grade
Lag occurs on both PS3 and Xbox. Get him to put his PS3 into a DMZ so it isn't affected by the firewall. I play CoD a fair bit and lag varies. if I am playing with a bunch of Aussies then I have a full connection meter. When I play with Americans it goes down

As for backward compatability, well apparently it does but I really couldn't be arsed playing any old games. Old PS1 and PS2 games look decidedly sh*t on a 46" lcd tv.

Big Tim

First Grade
Are you guys sure that the PS3 is actually backward compatible?

I have been a PS fan since the times it was a small grey rectangular box (^_^) I went to Xbox 360 recently for the japanese rpgs it has for the momet till I have enough funds for the PS3. Most of my friends have Xboxs so I joined along.

I cant wait to have a PS3 myself soon, I hope to, so many games I'm missing out on like MGS4 :( My cousin has troubles with lag when hes online in particular when he plays COD, anyone can give me tips on how to improve his gaming experience? He uses Bigpond Adsl Broadband

You can buy FFVII and FFVIII off PSN for about $20 from memory..... I have both.

Well, thought I might follow up the thread. Despite having an olddd TV lol.

I got a PS3 for my 21st, with FFXIII and MGS4. Loving it.

The PS3 is not only the better console but the better investment as it has a lot more potential for future years (atleast another 10 according to Sony) as developers are still only figuring out how best to utilise the BluRay disc for games where as Xbox is at its limit.There is literally nothing the Xbox has that is superior to the PS3 and for some reason Xbox fans think the exclusives are better? Wow, Halo. I play Halo all the time at my friends house and when you wait 10 minutes to find players and play a 10 minute game you wait another 10 minutes to find players again, and that's your premier game?

Free online gaming aswell, Xbox fans can keep their cross game chit chat and Xbox mii avatar and UFO controller while I play MGS4.

hellteam

First Grade
PS3's are probably better, but I prefer the Xbox controller

Last edited:

McLovin

Staff member
PS1 deaths - 0 in 14 years

PS2 deaths - 0 in 11 years

PS3 deaths - 0 in 3 years

Xbox 360 deaths - 3 in 2 years

After the third death i sent it in for more repairs and whilst waiting for the console to get back to me, bought a PS3. Tried playing the 360 randomly a few times since then and the piece of sh*t sounds like it's got a 2 stroke engine in it. I'm never buying an Xbox again. Staying true to Sony and their durable consoles...

Latest posts