What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

taipan

Referee
So Feb/March/April now just about done and dusted.According to Bourbon swigger there would be a ASADA decisions at the end of each of these months.And............ We got zero,blot,nebish,nuthink,nil,f*ck all.
I could have circumnavigated around the world p*ssed as a parrot
in a canoe,with the time taken to get nowhere.
Have not read a peep from the D.T clowns,Massoud,Horsehead or Hic!!:b:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
If everybody would like to go back & read great articles from serious journalists it was clear why ASADA cannot do anything & while all the rumours about Gallen were complete rubbish. Even police were hearing rumours & spreading them from the media.
The crime commission cannot pass information to ASADA for non-illegal activity. End of story. So no phone taps. No secret window recordings. nothing. If they did, the government particiapants & asada participants would be jailed.
& Dankenstien is on our side. he has appeared before the crime commission. he challenged them & asada to court. They refused as they know Dank would crush them in a court of law.

Feej

First Grade
So Feb/March/April now just about done and dusted.According to Bourbon swigger there would be a ASADA decisions at the end of each of these months.And............ We got zero,blot,nebish,nuthink,nil,f*ck all.
I could have circumnavigated around the world p*ssed as a parrot
in a canoe,with the time taken to get nowhere.
Have not read a peep from the D.T clowns,Massoud,Horsehead or Hic!!:b:

keep-calm-and-wait-for-friday-32.png

millersnose

Post Whore
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dank-drops-legal-threat-20130606-2nt5b.html
& Dankenstien is on our side. he has appeared before the crime commission. he challenged them & asada to court. They refused as they know Dank would crush them in a court of law.
Actually the court found he had no grounds to sue the news organisations in his defamation action and he has not launched action against any government agency
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-09/dr-stephen-dank-ordered-to-revise-defamation-claim/4877420

He seems to waste much money engaging lawyers only to drop the action

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dank-drops-legal-threat-20130606-2nt5b.html
Actually the court found he had no grounds to sue the news organisations in his defamation action and he has not launched action against any government agency
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-09/dr-stephen-dank-ordered-to-revise-defamation-claim/4877420

He seems to waste much money engaging lawyers only to drop the action

Rubbish. He challenged the agencies to take action against him. He can't take them to court until they do.
Simple question Millers which I think you need to respond to seeing you believe the direct opposite of what is happening.
If ASADA & Labor were so convinced of drug activity, where is the action. Why wont they charge Dank, Essendon, Sharks or anybody?
IF they decide to Charge Dank, by how many tens of millions $ do you think Dank will murder them with, in a court of law?

ek999

First Grade
Because that they were told evidence that had been gatheered by the Crime Commission was unable to be used so they had to try and build cases against people in other ways

millersnose

Post Whore
Rubbish. He challenged the agencies to take action against him. He can't take them to court until they do.
Simple question Millers which I think you need to respond to seeing you believe the direct opposite of what is happening.
If ASADA & Labor were so convinced of drug activity, where is the action. Why wont they charge Dank, Essendon, Sharks or anybody?
IF they decide to Charge Dank, by how many tens of millions $ do you think Dank will murder them with, in a court of law?

1. i am not surprised this process has taken the time it has and wouldnt be surprised to see it ultimately drag out for years
action against so many individuals and so many organisations would always take a very long time and they are in no rush

2. zero

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
1. i am not surprised this process has taken the time it has and wouldnt be surprised to see it ultimately drag out for years
action against so many individuals and so many organisations would always take a very long time and they are in no rush

2. zero
So if yo uare nto surprised, why is it do you think the current government has brought in staff to finalise it this year? Do you believe the investigation timeline is a subjective to who is in government? Or do you think that just maybe its possible that Dank has a legitimate case against the Agency?
What do you think has happened to the betting scandal that was teh PRIMARY objective of this investigation? You would think now that a life has been claimed that crime commission would lift their game & investigate how it was possible only 1 person was charged over the match fixing affair?
Are you the only one not seeing the correlation here with failures at government department levels?

millersnose

Post Whore
So if yo uare nto surprised, why is it do you think the current government has brought in staff to finalise it this year?
they want it finished as it is a source of frustration to all people

however the government is virtually powerless to force asada or any legal body to do anything

and really that is how it should be

Do you believe the investigation timeline is a subjective to who is in government? Or do you think that just maybe its possible that Dank has a legitimate case against the Agency?

what case would dank have against anyone?
your question should be reversed - they are obviously after him as prime target

What do you think has happened to the betting scandal that was teh PRIMARY objective of this investigation? You would think now that a life has been claimed that crime commission would lift their game & investigate how it was possible only 1 person was charged over the match fixing affair?

i have no idea and that has nothing to do with asada and that is not an investigation into the sharks as far as i am aware which is my primary interest

Are you the only one not seeing the correlation here with failures at government department levels?

i think the press conference was a disaster but i dont call it corruption

it was merely a sexy headline in the craig thomson getting charged week to focus attention away from the federal governments woes

it sure has backfired

but that again wasnt anything to with asada as far as i can tell other than force them and their investigation under more public scrutiny that perhasps the situation warranted

the real bitch here, and i dont blame asada, was the clare/lundyconference and subsequent remarks by our ex chairman that leant credence to the doping claims, geniusing the clubs ability to attract sponsorship

and i am filthy about that with both labore and our ex chairman

but again i dont see how asada can be blamed for that

millersnose

Post Whore
With a bit of luck it will drag out until the players retire

if they were only after players that would be excelent except for the sponsorship issue

alas given the board itself stood down officials i think the actual target is the club

and i suspect we may rather have had half a dozen players stood down at the outset when that chicken comes home to roost

Vin Fizz

Bench
Think the same old issues are being mixed up again. ASADA are interested in the players doping activities i believe. The club on the other hand has been sanctioned due to lack of governance by the NRL / ARLC. DI comments are circumstantial and certainly appears as if they cant be substantiated hence the delay. The ARLC have acted already. ASADA need what they currently do not have to act. We need those fuggers to close off the investigation totally or admit an open finding or some other shit so we can move on. I reckon thats all thats standing in the way now.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Millers I think you need to go back to the Conference & read it. The primary objective of the crime commission investigation was due to a player from newcastle who went to jail, followed by the Ryan Tandy match fixing incident.
The use of amino acid formulae was apparently discovered during these investigations into criminal activity.
However, since it has been stated publicly numerous times by both Dank & WADA that he has received information from the agency stating that the aminoa acids were neither illegal nor listed on anti doping lists, it means the case has unravelled into a complete disaster. Not only that, but the source of the personal information that has been leaked from the government agencies is a massive concern for litigation against the commonwealth.
They are not buying time to get convictions. They are buying time to find a way out with minimal damage to the organisation.
Notice how the big cheese WADA dude who "allegedly" got the bike reider came & went within days?
I guess he saw the letter that Dank has from WADA.

millersnose

Post Whore
Think the same old issues are being mixed up again. ASADA are interested in the players doping activities i believe. The club on the other hand has been sanctioned due to lack of governance by the NRL / ARLC. DI comments are circumstantial and certainly appears as if they cant be substantiated hence the delay. The ARLC have acted already. ASADA need what they currently do not have to act. We need those fuggers to close off the investigation totally or admit an open finding or some other shit so we can move on. I reckon thats all thats standing in the way now.

the league, and the afl for that matter, sanctioning cronulla and essendon does not make a sanction by asada itself less likely

in fact, it seems to me, it makes it more likely

look yours and many others opinion is that asada do not have enough

that is speculative like my opinions as i have no idea what the final outcome will be

but dont listen to people people who declare they know what the ultimate outcome will be

there is a good chance you will be very disappointed

carcharias

Immortal
poor old Ian Ross has been diagnosed with pancreas cancer - given 5 months to live and died in less than half the time this shit has been going on.

f**ken joke .

I don't give a toss of time frames it takes these mobs to do shit.
This has been way way too long.
piss em off.

millersnose

Post Whore
Millers I think you need to go back to the Conference & read it. The primary objective of the crime commission investigation was due to a player from newcastle who went to jail, followed by the Ryan Tandy match fixing incident.
The use of amino acid formulae was apparently discovered during these investigations into criminal activity.
However, since it has been stated publicly numerous times by both Dank & WADA that he has received information from the agency stating that the aminoa acids were neither illegal nor listed on anti doping lists, it means the case has unravelled into a complete disaster. Not only that, but the source of the personal information that has been leaked from the government agencies is a massive concern for litigation against the commonwealth.
They are not buying time to get convictions. They are buying time to find a way out with minimal damage to the organisation.
Notice how the big cheese WADA dude who "allegedly" got the bike reider came & went within days?
I guess he saw the letter that Dank has from WADA.

ahh

the magical never seen letter that dankenstein has already indicated was actually a phone call the content of which was vigorously disputed by wada

your turn to answer a question reefy

if this letter existed and all these sanctions already against essendon and cronulla ..then why hasnt dank made it public?

Vin Fizz

Bench
Agree Millers. I know nothing more than the average joe. Have been privvy to a few whispers from hither too reliable sources closer to the action than I but we will all have to wait and see. But as I said in an earlier post if any Sharkies players are infarcted by the end of the 2014 season ill stop posting. Im pretty confident but will nonetheless honour my bet (dont think anyone will give a fats rats arse to be honest).

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
he has been made private. ie. shown to agencies in meetings.
If ASADA want to test it, why not take Dank to court for fraud?

there is only 1 answwer to this & you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts