What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Ill have to youtube that up (research only mind you...cue SadShark). She'd be late 40's is my guess.

millersnose

Post Whore
Didn't Tony Abbott say he was going to put a stop to all this once he got voted in?

well no

he did say he thought the nations elite law enforcemnent officers would be more valuably employed in counter terrorism activities than bugging trent elkins phone

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
you state your opinions as if they were facts

logic shows us danks troubles and his former clients would all be aleviated as soon as he produced this mysterious letter

he would be free to resume his career charging money to inject frog turds in afl players

his former clients would not be subjected to coach suspensions and million dollar fines

he would not be the laughing stock

and most of all

THE SHARKS WOULD BE FREE TO GET f**king SPONSORS REEFY

Actually it wouldn't. In fact all of that is mumbo jumbo.

If he produced the letter ASADA would have the power to get all of the sportspeople involved, usign a catch all called " against the spirit of sport".
It is this fairy land law from the 50's, that means it has to be tested in court. & that is the crux of the matter.
ASADA are trying to use the catch all because they have nothign else. To use the catch all, they will involve Dank. They involve Dank, they will be in the supreme court. So we around we go again in circles.
Don't you tjink its time that ASADA have more than a catchall rule & show what they have got?
Logic says, they have totally phucjjkked up. Wade Graham is not a common entity as part of the Australian sports people. He is Wade Graham. & has to be treated as such. If they have something on him, they cant wait until they test the blood of Cadell Evans. It is in the WADA code.

Last edited:

fizman

Bench
The lines have been badly blurred since this all started.

At this point the alleged substances are not legal or illegal - they are "unknown"

Any reference to "legal" or illegal" substances is NOT related to a criminal offense, but rather to a sporting governing body offense.

It is possible for a player to take a "legal" product that is "illegal" in professional sport.

I suspect this is what has happened. If the alleged substance is legal from a sporting governance perspective, how can Dank sit back and allow both Heard and Flanagan to cop 12 month bans?

It is also why the criminal commission is unable to pass on their information - no crime has been committed.

millersnose

Post Whore
well we have opinions from wada officials and ex asada personel about their legality

i find them more compelling than dankensteins secret mysterious letter/phonecall

dankenstein isnt robin hood reefy

he really is the second worst thing ever to happen to the sharks

millersnose

Post Whore

At this point the alleged substances are not legal or illegal - they are "unknown"

Any reference to "legal" or illegal" substances is NOT related to a criminal offense, but rather to a sporting governing body offense.

It is possible for a player to take a "legal" product that is "illegal" in professional sport.

I suspect this is what has happened. If the alleged substance is legal from a sporting governance perspective, how can Dank sit back and allow both Heard and Flanagan to cop 12 month bans?

It is also why the criminal commission is unable to pass on their information - no crime has been committed.

well if we gunna get supa doopa accurate with terminology the commision can and already have shared details

it is just can it be admissible in a court if someone wants to challenge asada in a civil court especially if things like phone taps are used

we can assume that is part of the advice they are seeking

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

Sorry, but I thought this was common knowledge for everybody already commenting on this. I certainly hope this is the case or I ahve been arguing with ducks.
& it is not what Flanno & Hurd have been banned for. They have been banned for "not knowing" or for poor governance. In Hurds case, it appears his wife is very agreived that he has taken a hit, when in fact demetriou is the one that should have for poor governance.
As is the case with the NRl, they were full aware for 5 years that he was working in their sub organisations but failed to investigate , clarify & sanction the work he was doing.
Flanno & Hurd are both scape goats & nothign Dank produced to ASADA would have helped their case. If it goes to court, they will entitled to a full apology & compensation.

millersnose

Post Whore
Incorrect.

lets ask the minister

The Australian Crime Commission has referred its findings in relation to suspected criminal activity to relevant law enforcement agencies including the Australian Federal Police and all State and Territory Police Forces.
ASADA and other regulatory agencies will undertake additional investigations on the basis of the Crime Commission findings.
http://www.katelundy.com.au/2013/02/07/organised-crime-and-drugs-in-sport/
http://www.ausport.gov.au/supportin...australian_sports_anti-doping_authority_asada

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
That is the blackest day in sport announcement.
So what you are agreeing to, is they have had the information all along. No new information has emerged with the exception of an admission from an athlete that he believed he may have taken a banned substance.
Even the AFL player who took the Anti -obesity peptide has stil lnot been charged.
Why has there been charges for match fixing other than a low grade regional soccer match?
Why has there been no charges laid for illegal drug use? Sanny Wicks was all there was?
why has there been no charges against any staff member for injecting illegal drugs?
Why would the agencies risk another Johnny Manna situation?
It is ludicrous to believe that.

& the Crime commission has not passed on any information, to any agency since the blackest day in sport. & the increased powers legislated by Rudd & Gilalrd have failed to acheive anything.

millersnose

Post Whore
most of those are good questions reefy

delays do not bode well even if we are guilty as hell or innocent with danks frog entrail injections found to be completely legal and cleared by a letter signed by the heads of every doping agency on the planet permitting him to use his various potions

i guess we can believe (in your case) or suspect (in my case) percieved delays are either:

1. asada have nothing (in your case)
2. asada are following due diligence legally given the large number of organisations and individuals and are getting the obvious legal advice about what is quite an unprecedented legal case in australia (as in my case)

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
AS I stated before, ASADA ae bound by their code to not treat athletes as entities. They cannot wait unti lthey gather enough information about the entire Australian population, before they serve a breach notice on a suspect.
I would suspect this is more likely the case.

1. The injections were not drugs at all. Put a mixture of supplements, vitamins & amino acids, used at different times.
2. ASADA cannot find a way, other than the catch all phrase, to serve breach notices becaue none of the substances are contained in their own banned lists.
3. The crime commission went off half cocked. I believe Danny Wicks recordings sent them up a path that yielded no more results & the findings they gave to ASADA, were nothing more than strange, useless peptides.
4. The guy from ASADA green lighted the most controversial of these substances, in an email to Dank.
5. The Labor government were the drivers of this entire fiasco & it is no coincidence that since thye have departed, their media mouthpieces in Hooper, Massoud & Wilson have gone quiet.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Oh & I forgot to mention Millers , in your quote.
"in relation to suspected criminal activity to relevant law enforcement agencies including the Australian Federal Police and all State and Territory Police Forces."

They better be sure of criminality before they name names , eyyy!!!

You don't ever refer a matter for review unless you are windy as all hell.

If you've got a brief, you've got a brief.

Referring the matter for review its not due diligence millers, is an admission they are on a wing and a prayer.

Dont get me wrong, there is evidence and then there is the truth. I dont for a second believe we are all peaches and cream in all this.

But I do believe the longer it goes on the better placed the sharks are to get through this.

Everyone needs to use their own moral compass to work out how they feel about it all.

millersnose

Post Whore
You don't ever refer a matter for review unless you are windy as all hell.

If you've got a brief, you've got a brief.

Referring the matter for review its not due diligence millers, is an admission they are on a wing and a prayer.
Maybe

Just maybe if this was a run of the mill case such as you would be familiar with that would make sense

Given there are literally dozens of potential infractions against individuals and organisations and given for much of this there is no established legal precedent then I respectfully disagree with you

I think it is the bleedin obvious legal advice would be sought
I think it would be utterly inconvievabe for asada and irresponsibly stupd in such a huge case not to get legal advice and stacks of it involving much to and fro

Out of interest gregos what is the longest ( in the context of your employment experience)you have seen an investigation go before charges were laid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts