What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

millersnose

Post Whore
Originally posted by eld on the nrlmforum
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226900188982

Secret ASADA report from Garry Downes completed, expected to have reviewed all cases relating to Essendon supplement use

Grant Baker
Herald Sun
April 29, 2014 9:45PM

GARRY Downes’ secret ASADA report on the AFL and NRL is due to be handed to the anti-doping authority by the end of Wednesday.

Apart from announcing the retired Federal Court judge’s secondment to ASADA in February to “assist ASADA as the investigations approach conclusion”, neither sport and health minister Peter Dutton nor the authority has commented on his role.

It is expected he will have reviewed all individual cases related to the investigation into the possible use of banned drugs in sport — where the focus has been on Essendon in the AFL and Cronulla in the NRL.

Former ASADA boss Richard Ings told the Herald Sun yesterday: “The most important thing that Downes can contribute before his departure at the end of April is to assist ASADA in making final decision as to whether any people involved in these matters have cases to answer — or not — for violations of anti-doping rules.”

A spokesman for Dutton said legislation prevented ASADA from making the Downes report — or other information related to the investigation — public, and the AFL does not expect to see it.

“The report will be subject to legal privilege and will remain confidential,” Dutton’s spokesman said.

“Matters being investigated in the NRL and AFL are still to be considered, and under ASADA’s legislation it can make nothing public until all matters associated with the investigation are finalised.”

ASADA did not respond to questions yesterday about whether the authority was in possession of the report, or whether it contained recommendations about how the investigation should proceed.

Should ASADA decide not to go ahead with any action against Essendon players, it would likely seek the approval of athletes involved before issuing a statement clearing them.

That protocol was followed by ASADA in cases involving swimming champ Ian Thorpe and former West Coast player Michael Braun.

No Essendon player has been given a show-cause notice, the first step in the process that could lead to a doping charge.

The case against former Essendon sports scientist Stephen Dank has been delayed after the Anti-Doping Rule Violation Panel — the board that decides whether sporting governing bodies should issue doping charges — was gutted just days before it expected to review his case.

Four of its members were not renewed after a federal government decision to refresh all minister-appointed boards and it is expected it will take time to get new members up to speed on the unprecedented case.

Dank was issued a show-cause alleging 34 possible anti-doping breaches in early March.

Meanwhile, ASADA chief executive Aurora Andruska will finish up at the authority next Friday.

It is understood the department of health, which administers ASADA, is still sounding out potential replacements — including internationally — and it is thought it will be some time before a new chief executive is in place

millersnose

Post Whore
The press are brilliant

Get half a story and quote speculation like its fact

I have to say I am a little surprised the CEO is leavng in the middle of the biggest event in asadas history

Sure she was scheduled to go anyway but where is the dedication to the task?

One thing I tink asada critics have got right is she hasn't been a shining light of leadership in any of this

Big bang in the blackest day conference then she hides behind press leqks

coolumsharkie

Referee
The press are brilliant

Get half a story and quote speculation like its fact

I have to say I am a little surprised the CEO is leavng in the middle of the biggest event in asadas history

One thing I tink asada critics have got right is she hasn't been a shining light of leadership in any of this

Big bang in the blackest day conference then she hides behind press leqks

Yes, you were wrong. :)

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Exactly Coolumn.
Unfortuneatley Millers has been lead by the grey the area of supplementation. Black or white?
its not that.
& that is what the entire process has been about. Supplementation, grey areas.
Dank is not a bad guy. Nor are the coaching staff. Its pusshing the limits within the rules, that are absolutely , totally f**kjjenn ridiculous. ie. "not in the spirit"
Wada need to remove that ASAP or face ridicule.
We are not dumb.

Card Shark

Immortal

Ridiculous she's going without this sorted 1 way or the other !

coolumsharkie

Referee
Poor Gal, got the raw end of the stick, paid for his own legals apparently and look at him now? Still a f**king machine.

Makes you sick.

Just think, if you can manipulate a national sport then you might just be able to manipulate a nation. ;)

millersnose

Post Whore
Given her lack of any control over her organisations press leaks then perhaps its not such a bad thing

There will probably be a hand over period after they recruit her replacement which further delays resolution so an extended month of asada have nothing and dankenstein is Robin hood about to collect tens of millions from kate Lundy
The bitch is another month or two more delay in getting a move on with sponsor recruitment for the sharks

coolumsharkie

Referee
Given her lack of any control over her organisations press leaks then perhaps its not such a bad thing

There will probably be a hand over period after they recruit her replacement which further delays resolution so an extended month of asada have nothing and dankenstein is Robin hood about to collect tens of millions from kate Lundy
The bitch is another month or two more delay in getting a move on with sponsor recruitment for the sharks

Who gives gives a f**k ? And it dont sell newspapers anymore, therefore no more bang bang.

Although if you want to draw swords, ASADA do have something. A perpetual dark cloud over our club and their lack of action perpetuates our financial predicaments completely.

Feej

First Grade
enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg

Another great one Feej

Week 65 of the ASADA nothing investigation, and now i see what ASADA are working on its the magic bullet scenario, they change direction each time it went this way it went that way.

But ASADA are closer to the magic loogie they though are not as funny as seinfeld.

And again yes ASADA have nothing

coolumsharkie

Referee
ASADA's end of the month is like our 48 hours.

Reading between the lines you can probably estimate that the Judge found f**k all and so the boss walked.

Enter the new boss.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/be...ng-investigation/story-fndv8gad-1226910736417

FORMER police officer Ben McDevitt will steer Australia’s Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) as it finalises cases that blackened reputations across the AFL and NRL.

lol I like that line, these grubs blackened reputations much more than anyone.

merkins

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
ASADA's end of the month is like our 48 hours.

Reading between the lines you can probably estimate that the Judge found f**k all and so the boss walked.

Enter the new boss.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/be...ng-investigation/story-fndv8gad-1226910736417

FORMER police officer Ben McDevitt will steer Australia?s Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) as it finalises cases that blackened reputations across the AFL and NRL.

lol I like that line, these grubs blackened reputations much more than anyone.

merkins

Ben McDevitt is one of the best Detectives in the country. Doubt he would do anything to wreck that!

Status
Not open for further replies.