What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
There would seem to be little chance that there is a criminal element, if there was they wouldn't have had a press conference without having any charges laid at that time.

Absolutely, ASADA wouldn't have had carriage, what I'm suggesting is that after the intial annoucement the investigation could well have uncovered activities which the ASADA investigators have had to refer to other agencies to investigate.

Happens regularly with the ACCC, ACC, Customs etc.

I have no knowledge if this has occuired, just saying that its a good reason for a delay.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Yeah thats why the cops took 10 years to get a conviction on Morcombes killer. They didnt really need to organise a sting, that was just for fun.
If they have evidence they are obliged, compelled even, to protect the public immediately.

Thats a stupid comparison for so many reasons. They are not even close to the same thing.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
so in your warped world its ok forillegal injections of illegal drugs in athletes to keep going on until other agencies have had a crack at possible evidence? Whats sort of time frame do you use? Months or bodies?

Vin Fizz

Bench
the intial annoucement the investigation could well have uncovered activities which the ASADA investigators have had to refer to other agencies to investigate. Happens regularly with the ACCC, ACC, Customs etc. .
I reckon that's what they were counting on. That and most importantly some juicy stoolies to grass out their club. It looked like the old Board took the bait by acting in the manner that they did, however, ASADA just didn't quite get what they needed. They are maybe seeking other opinions but my gut feel is the delay is indicative of the case. I know nussing tho.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
so in your warped world its ok forillegal injections of illegal drugs in athletes to keep going on until other agencies have had a crack at possible evidence? Whats sort of time frame do you use? Months or bodies?

In my warped world its more important to located and charge the dealers/importers of illegal drugs.

Suspending a few footballers for trusting their club doctor takes a distant second.

ASADA is a small fish in a big pond, thats all I'm saying.

husky65

Juniors
Thats a stupid comparison for so many reasons. They are not even close to the same thing.

You are suggesting that ASADA don't have a duty of care to act if they have evidence of potentially lethal, criminal, activities and further that, having held a press conference, tipping off any and all who have broken the law that it's time to start destroying evidence, would be OK cooling their heels for 18+ months and just hoping that nobody dies of something that it can later be proved they could have prevented?

All for what? if they needed other agencies to investigate, then they wouldn't have held a press conference until they had done so.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You are suggesting that ASADA don't have a duty of care to act if they have evidence of potentially lethal, criminal, activities and further that, having held a press conference, tipping off any and all who have broken the law that it's time to start destroying evidence, would be OK cooling their heels for 18+ months and just hoping that nobody dies of something that it can later be proved they could have prevented?

All for what? if they needed other agencies to investigate, then they wouldn't have held a press conference until they had done so.

Nope, I haven't suggested anything like that.

I'm suggesting that ASADA have bitten off a lot more then they can chew and now they need help.

Or

They are struggling to put the pieces together and have messed up.

husky65

Juniors
Nope, I haven't suggested anything like that.

I'm suggesting that ASADA have bitten off a lot more then they can chew and now they need help.

Or

They are struggling to put the pieces together and have messed up.

None of the above.

Grubby politically driven distraction that ASADA didn't have the integrity to refuse to participate in. now they are delaying and hoping something will turn up to save some behinds.

BTW, why would they hold a press conference, then try to "put the pieces together".

coolumsharkie

Referee
None of the above.

Grubby politically driven distraction that ASADA didn't have the integrity to refuse to participate in. now they are delaying and hoping something will turn up to save some behinds.

BTW, why would they hold a press conference, then try to "put the pieces together".

Bingo.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
None of the above.

Because they are hopeless investigators and were assuming they would get more help from the clubs and the NRL

Feej

First Grade
228493292_640.jpg

The Messiah has arrived carrying week 64, where are you ASADA where are you i am looking but i see nothing ASADA 64 weeks, that is 448 days, this sounds like Days of Our lives, as the sand goes through the hour glass, these are the Days of Our Lives

Quigs

Immortal
They should get that bloke from ICAC... he is kicking goals from all over the field.

Three from three today and it is only the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.