What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

millersnose

Post Whore
Everyone needs to use their own moral compass to work out how they feel about it all.

That's pretty big isn't it

Part of me wants us to get away with it
At the same time
Part if me wants these arse clowns burn for what hey have done to my club and just cop the consequences quickly

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Dont get me wrong, there is evidence and then there is the truth. I dont for a second believe we are all peaches and cream in all this.

But I do believe the longer it goes on the better placed the sharks are to get through this.

Everyone needs to use their own moral compass to work out how they feel about it all.
My moral compass is this.
IF the rules state that something is "not in the spirit of sport", then , Ice, Aspirin, Gatorade, bandages, massages, etc are all factors in aiding in recovery faster & should also be banned.
If that is too strict, then the banned list needs to be specific, as drugs & supplements are going to increase ten fold in their effectiveness & numbers.
In my moral compass, the alleged substances are not worthy of any punishment.
In my moral compass, the club was rorted by the NRLK for fines & bannings on governance issues, whilst other clubs who used the same program received nothing.

I dont think the club is not worthy of investigation. But it should ahve been completed within 1 month of the blackest day in sport, or not started at all.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Out of interest gregos what is the longest ( in the context of your employment experience)you have seen an investigation go before charges were laid?

3 years is the longest I job I have had any personal involvement with.

But I have heard of much longer investigations.

Time isn't legally speaking a factor in these things, way too many loop holes for it to be.

Professionally how ever, ASADA is definitely under the pump to move on, one way or another.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
There is also the afl and non players and I have no idea where you got your figure of only 22 from

ASADA stated that all up, they had 150 interviews. Down just a little bit from the advertised 500. Now seeing Essendon alone would have included almost 80-100 through all of their grades & coaching & administration staff & AFL related but non-AFL staff. That would leave around 50 for the NRL & the rest.
I would expect probably 20 non NRL types interviewed including clinic staff, suppliers, chemists etc etc.
leaves , say 30 NRL types & of that, many , like Wade Graham werent even re-interviewed after cancelled interviews.
On top of that you have types like Bryce Gibbs who was incorrectly called to be interviewed.

webShark

3 years is the longest I job I have had any personal involvement with.

But I have heard of much longer investigations.

Time isn't legally speaking a factor in these things, way too many loop holes for it to be.

Professionally how ever, ASADA is definitely under the pump to move on, one way or another.

If ASADA was disbanded tomorrow it has already done us untold damage. The longer it goes, the more I side with the likes of Messiah and Reefy. ASADA have nothing they can prove.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If ASADA was disbanded tomorrow it has already done us untold damage. The longer it goes, the more I side with the likes of Messiah and Reefy. ASADA have nothing they can prove.

May well be right, I hope for your club and the sport, that they don't.

Just saying that time isn't really an indication of the strenght of their case.

Feej

First Grade
Seriously, the longer this goes, the less I'm bothered by it. Time heals all.

Card Shark

Immortal
Just saying that time isn't really an indication of the strenght of their case.

I would have thought it would be a great indication - if they had a strong case, show cause notices would've been handed out within 3 months.....Not nothing in 15.

ASADA have nothing, they are banking on the Sharks to basically give up, the difference between us and Essendon is the supporter base and there sponsors they have been able to move on financially.

The AFL gives them the FTA games, they get the big MCG clashes they are looked after by the AFL, The Sharks get no love at all from the NRL, if the NRL had to sacrifice a team to the Gods we would be the one thrown in the volcano or set alight to keep the Gods happy.

But once the development to starts to really bring financial strength this ASADA issue would not have been such an issue financially.

ASADA should have to go before the Senate estimates committe and a few questions asked one key one is exactly how much money has been spent on this case against how many people being charged, that question alone will have ASADA back pedalling.

In another year ASADA will still have nothing, lets hope by then the case has been dropped

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I would have thought it would be a great indication - if they had a strong case, show cause notices would've been handed out within 3 months.....Not nothing in 15.

I don't think it is as straight forward as that. There is every chance that there is a criminal element to this investigation and other organisations could well be holding the process up while they do their thing.

Or

ASADA may well have F#cked up and now are stalling.

My opinion, for what its worth, if ASADA had nothing, we wouldn't be here, The darkest day in Aussie would never had happened. I think that the ASADA investigators have bitten off way more then they were capable of and are now playing catch up.

husky65

Juniors
I don't think it is as straight forward as that. There is every chance that there is a criminal element to this investigation and other organisations could well be holding the process up while they do their thing.

Or

ASADA may well have F#cked up and now are stalling.

My opinion, for what its worth, if ASADA had nothing, we wouldn't be here, The darkest day in Aussie would never had happened. I think that the ASADA investigators have bitten off way more then they were capable of and are now playing catch up.

There would seem to be little chance that there is a criminal element, if there was they wouldn't have had a press conference without having any charges laid at that time.

I believe ASADA was dragged into this fiasco by a desperate Govt that thought having their bungling replaced on the front pages would save them. it didn't. but now ASADA is left carrying the can for establishing that the "darkest day in Australian sport" wasn't just a grubby political distraction that they didn't have the integrity to refuse to play their part in, and they are stalling for time, hoping that something will turn up and save some backsides.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
How so? I certainly can't see a reason.

Yeah thats why the cops took 10 years to get a conviction on Morcombes killer. They didnt really need to organise a sting, that was just for fun.
If they have evidence they are obliged, compelled even, to protect the public immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts