What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

webShark

If they had something they would have hit us long ago, now they are caught and trying there best to get out of it, but we wont let them forget what they have done to us

Forum posts wont bother ASADA. like other posters said, what will we do. The well intentioned protest march v the Titans attracted about 200. They probably have nothing but it has set us back 5 years already. That is grossly unfair.

Trouble is Messiah, they may not be able to prove it but I believe you to be in a small minority who thinks we did nothing wrong. OJ Simpson proved the prosecution had nothing. Pistorius being found guilty is no certainty.

I used to stress about ASADA but now I only think about it when you remind us or look at our coach and our jumper with no major sponsor.

The club has all but admitted we had poor governance. The 3 nuffies suing us may get no compo but I don't believe nothing was given to them. Yes, we may escape on a technicality. Probably better for us to have been hammered a year ago than suffer death by a thousand cuts.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Forum posts wont bother ASADA. like other posters said, what will we do. The well intentioned protest march v the Titans attracted about 200. They probably have nothing but it has set us back 5 years already. That is grossly unfair.

Trouble is Messiah, they may not be able to prove it but I believe you to be in a small minority who thinks we did nothing wrong. OJ Simpson proved the prosecution had nothing. Pistorius being found guilty is no certainty.

I used to stress about ASADA but now I only think about it when you remind us or look at our coach and our jumper with no major sponsor.

The club has all but admitted we had poor governance. The 3 nuffies suing us may get no compo but I don't believe nothing was given to them. Yes, we may escape on a technicality. Probably better for us to have been hammered a year ago than suffer death by a thousand cuts.

Good post. Only thing is the longer this drags on the less direct impact it will have on our playing squad. By the end of 2014 there will only be 3 current players affected. By the and of 2015 1 or maybe 2 max. Only thing that has really saved our arses is the clearing of the debt with the advance on the development. Without sponsors and still with that debt we'd be totally farrkked. DUI and horse head and massoud have run out of ammunition for now.....time to sign Bunji.......give the media something else to talk about Sharks related - jag a couple of sponsors and move on. Not worth playing the victim any more.

Ausguy

Coach
Bullshit 2012.

When very little comes from this the one liners from the last February need to be sung from the highest roof top.

The club needs to get some serious advice on exactly what it can and can't do In regards to compensation. If nothing then fine but ask the question. Time to stop being f**ked in the ass.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Bullshit 2012.

When very little comes from this the one liners from the last February need to be sung from the highest roof top.

The club needs to get some serious advice on exactly what it can and can't do In regards to compensation. If nothing then fine but ask the question. Time to stop being f**ked in the ass.

Compensation.....yeah right. We've been more wronged by the media than anyone. Good luck with our case! At the end of the day we potentially farrkked ourselves in the arse with a couple of poor decisions originally then we decided to shit in our own bed by getting Kavanough on the case! If Arseda aren't competent to make anything stick... Buy a lottery ticket and move on. Why prolong the agony?

Fitzy2513

Juniors
How on earth can we seek compensation, when our former head screamed to the media about being injected with horse ElephantJuice. That comment alone has given ASADA an open licence to take as long as they want in this investigation.

My two cents worth:

I don't know what ASADA have or do not have but, having worked for a Commonwealth Agency once, it is not uncommon to seek legal advice from either the CDPP or an appointed legal eagle such as a retired judge. This advice can take some considerable time to obtain depending on the size and content of the brief and the extent of the advice required.

These people tend to be overly cautious and will not put their name to any advice that can come back at a later date and bite them on the arse ie a failed prosecution. They rely on their 'good name and reputation' for further highly paid 'work'.

If there is a technicality or two in the club's favour, the advice will more than likely recommend against taking legal action or any action that has the possibility of any adverse effects on either the agency or the person/s supplying the legal advice. Conversely, there could be a technicality not in our favour and the door is ajar for further action. This is unlikely as Government Agencies are not known to be risk takers. It may also set a precedent for other sporting clubs and/or individuals to use as a basis for argument in future matters.

I believe that they do have 'something', but like me when I go fishing, I know there is something on the hook but what it is I have no idea other than it maybe a fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts