What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Ahh, Childish naming calling, good one.

As far as your information regarding the enforcement of the ACT, you are sadly incorrect, they are empowered to delay the handing out of any infraction notices if their investigations have uncovered what they suspect to be criminal activity Or they reasonably believe that it may effect further investigations.

In short, whilst ASADA are investigating an entire league, they can wait until the conclusion of the investigation and still be operating well with in the bounds of the ACT.
What a load of absolute rubbish you dumb k.hunt.
They are compelled to act immediately. There can be no criminal activity regarding peptides unless they are stolen. Even then, they cannot delay once they have been made aware of doping violations.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Proof will be in the pudding I guess LB. Doesn't stack up for me matey. Earl could turn stoolie and get a heap of players yet ASADA pounce. Same with Kennedy, yet they elect to delay in our case? Not hanging together for me.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Of course it doesn't stack up. Luke Bowden is a harken dope. Why is he even allowed in here. Just gets in the way of the conversation.

Surely

Post Whore
I'm more perplexed that dank was well known and previously cleared by asada while at manly.

If there were concerns from asada or the NRL they should have informed clubs.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
That is true Surely, but thats not what it is about.
I have watched smiths Interview a few times now & the entire thing is confusing.
I actually think hes on our side & is boxing ASADA into a corner.
"and a number of players were injected with substances, the precise nature of which,......... to this day............., remain unknown."

That line is the line of the day.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
What a load of absolute rubbish you dumb k.hunt.
They are compelled to act immediately. There can be no criminal activity regarding peptides unless they are stolen. Even then, they cannot delay once they have been made aware of doping violations.

It's not rubbish, it's called Law, fairly complex Law actually, which you clearly don't have an understanding of.

What is complete rubbish is the section of your statement which I have made bold. I will spell it out for you one more time.

If ASADA uncover what they reasonably suspect to be criminal activities, during the course of an investigation and they reasonably suspect that any action, may affect an investigation into that activity, they are well within the ACT to hold off on a sanction.

SO, hypothetically, if they are investigating Peptides and they discover that a player is dealing Peptides and say (again hypothetically) Cocaine, and a sanction would effect the investigation of the Cocaine dealing, they could with hold the sanction.

That's (very very simply) how it works. Like it or not.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
It's not rubbish, it's called Law, fairly complex Law actually, which you clearly don't have an understanding of.
No but the QC sitting next to me here at the cafe knows it pretty well. He says you are a pharking idiot half-wit. First year or failed law student at best.

If ASADA uncover what they reasonably suspect to be criminal activities, during the course of an investigation and they reasonably suspect that any action, may affect an investigation into that activity, they are well within the ACT to hold off on a sanction.
Yep, like they did with Sandor Earl. Trafficking. Pharken dopey k.hunt.

SO, hypothetically, if they are investigating Peptides and they discover that a player is dealing Peptides and say (again hypothetically) Cocaine, and a sanction would effect the investigation of the Cocaine dealing, they could with hold the sanction.

That's (very very simply) how it works. Like it or not.
Oh we know its simply, because you are a simple k.h.unt.
Now we have Cocaine being brought into the equation. So, if ASADA are at the olympics, test /Usain Bolt& he tests positive, but it turns out he bought from a runner from New Zealnds manager , who was a meth distributor in Australia, they wil lwait until the investigatiuon is over i na few years before they disqualify Bolty? Right ? Is this what you are actually saying moron?

cussy

Juniors
Only dumb k hunt is u reefy. So u are conveniently are sitting next to a lawyer at a cafe? Lol is Katie upton on the other side? Or maybe browyn bishop is more to your liking?

cb4

First Grade
Disagree all you like, The NRL are acting on a report handed to them by ASADA investigators. ASADA have waited this long to allow the governing body of the sport, in this case the NRL, time to deal with the infractions. Individual player sanctions will be next.

Don't think this is correct. ASADA's report hasn't been handed to the NRL yet.
Unless you have info we don't have?

Quigs

Immortal
A QC on one side and Ian the Bank Manager on the other side.

WOW ... a QC can I guess. Is it George Brandis.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
No but the QC sitting next to me here at the cafe knows it pretty well. He says you are a pharking idiot half-wit. First year or failed law student at best.

The only QC in that Café is you sport.

Not a Law student, I'm just a simple Digger who knows a few investigators who explained the process to me.

You do entertain me though, I'll give you that.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

No new info, just the opinions of a few people who are making pretty informed judgements on todays events.

I hope ASADA have nothing, for the good of the game.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
They have given the NRL an interim report. Also, the NRl have finished a provisional report. They have now handed down, provisional findings.

carcharias

Immortal
After 10 f**king months that is all they could come up with?

f**king hell
I could done have a better job.

These half fines are bullshit.
Either we took these ElephantJuice or we didn't .

Eion

First Grade
That is true Surely, but thats not what it is about.
I have watched smiths Interview a few times now & the entire thing is confusing.
I actually think hes on our side & is boxing ASADA into a corner.
"and a number of players were injected with substances, the precise nature of which,......... to this day............., remain unknown."

That line is the line of the day.

You may be right. The other interesting thing for me is smith laying it on elkin, the main asada stooge.

Status
Not open for further replies.