What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
That is a relief. Triple M said on the news we had hired a top 'barista' and I thought that sounded about right for the Sharkies...

I wonder if that's Black Reefs mate from the coffee shop? I hope not, he didn't sound very switched on!

Eion

First Grade
I wonder who is paying for stuey. Surely even the sharks can't be stupid enough to fund something that is likely to bite them on the arse. Oh...

webShark

He wins a lot more than he looses.
At 6k a day I doubt it matters to him.I presume the Sharks not Flanno are forking out for his services. The 6k law man knows more than me about the law than me but how can Flanno not be guilty of lack of governance. Let's hope the huge bill will show us why.

Quigs

Immortal
Mr Littlemore, I believe also hosted that mad lefty hard hitting investigative show..... media watch.

He has great pedigree in my books.

Card Shark

Immortal
but how can Flanno not be guilty of lack of governance. Let's hope the huge bill will show us why.

Maybe the club is chasing a heavily reduced penalty, after all we have been slapped with the maximum but poor governance has been happening at NRL clubs for decades, with no apparent penalties ever dished out.

Precedence perhaps says we have been harshly dealt with?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Maybe the club is chasing a heavily reduced penalty, after all we have been slapped with the maximum but poor governance has been happening at NRL clubs for decades, with no apparent penalties ever dished out.

Der you reckon?

webShark

Good point. But we will now have to reduce the fine by more than the Lawyers fee to make it worthwhile. I feel for Flanno but think dragging this out stops us moving forward and 2014 already close to a write off. Plus ASADA not even finished player investigation. At this rate the development will pay for all our stuff ups. The one off time we get money and we have to blow it on this crap.

We have signed our last marquee player ! What player agent is going to recommend us. Jeez ,I would have seen Lote Tuquiri as a marquee these days for us. We cant recruit with coaching position unsorted (not to mention lack of sponsors). Next phase will be the slow trickle of players leaving. Who thinks we can match the Wallabies for Fifita? Gall to retire and Lichaa will be targeted. All our other marquees are to old so will stay.

ghoti

Bench
Yep, young players will continue to leave when their contract's are out as long as the investigation is in the air. The big youth departures last year were as much for this reason as money/opportunity/etc

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

Straw man argument.

Melbourne could say the same thing, but they got caught, just as you blokes have.

Card Shark

Immortal
Straw man argument.

Melbourne could say the same thing, but they got caught, just as you blokes have.

Perhaps Ronnie.

I'm not naive to suggest nothing happened but the punishment must fit the crime.

Perhaps the club thinks it doesn't.

I'm not really sure if it does or it doesn't... There will be plenty of behind the scenes stuff none of us will ever no about, until Ch 9 release a mini-series. ;-)

Eion

First Grade
Straw man argument.

Except that the storm deliberately set out to cheat and hid that from the nrl. The nrl knew of the sharks governance structures and didn't seem to give a shit until the blackiest of black days.

Eion

First Grade
At 6k a day I doubt it matters to him.I presume the Sharks not Flanno are forking out for his services. The 6k law man knows more than me about the law than me but how can Flanno not be guilty of lack of governance. Let's hope the huge bill will show us why.

Flannos best defence is that the lack of governance is the clubs, not his fault. The nrl has taken a bit of an each way bet in blaming both. If the sharks are funding stuey to represent or advise flanno they are truly geniused.

Status
Not open for further replies.