What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SadShark

Bench
Danks + Gazzelle + four years + Manly = ?

They're too valuable to the NRL. Too much success & very intangible, where as we look the The Toxic Avenger, trying to compete in a Cleo Bachelor of the year award.

We are always chained to the NRL dog kennel, watching the others through the window, sitting down inside the house to eat a feast.

Face it, we're the derty, unsuccessful, hobbo's bumming a ride on the NRL train.

shaggs

Coach
Why?
Because people who weren't qualified to administer injections were injecting.
That's dangerous and negligent.

It's not rocket surgery.

Nurses don't get any formal training to give injections, yet they do it. I did a 5 minute cannulation course and inject 20-30 people a day, with hyper allergenic iodine.

IM injections are easy as long as you draw back. No blood, then away you go. Upper outer quadrant of the glute. Lateral deltoid is also a good 'meaty' place.

For sub cut injections like "peptides" and GH, the tummy fat next to the belly button works well. Pinch the skin, needle in and done.

snoozer

Bench
It's not rocket surgery.

Nurses don't get any formal training to give injections, yet they do it. I did a 5 minute cannulation course and inject 20-30 people a day, with hyper allergenic iodine.

IM injections are easy as long as you draw back. No blood, then away you go. Upper outer quadrant of the glute. Lateral deltoid is also a good 'meaty' place.

For sub cut injections like "peptides" and GH, the tummy fat next to the belly button works well. Pinch the skin, needle in and done.
as an ex-nurse, we do get formal training shaggs, but i fail to see the problem too. sub-cut and im are a piece of piss which any clown with half a brain could learn, iv injections are another thing altogether though but as far as i know none of these ElephantJuice are given that way(i may be wrong).

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yeah Im not sold on the injection qualifications either. As far as I can find out, as long as the contents are not medications, i.e.. vitamins or supplements, anybody can give them.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I'm sure we are compiling a good case against those sanctions.

If the NRL / ASADA don't know what was taken, why were we sanctioned ?

I would've thought it's putting the cart before the horse a bit but I understand the NRL wanted to make a stance, as we can't escape scott free. Unlike Messiah, I think something untoward has happened....but how can they punish us if they don't really know the extent of it themselves.

Once again I'll remind people of the separate issues. The NRL, at this stage, doesn't give a f**k what was in the syringe. They are only concerned with governance at this stage. It could of been water in the syringe and everyone might know it was water but even water can't be administered parenterally by an untrained person.

imagine the law suits junkies could file against one and other?

None, unless one of the junkies was a professional person working under a code of conduct and a set of standards. It's the same as you giving Panadol to one of your young blokes. You can do it yet I couldn't without doing a full assessment, documenting it and considering if a referral was more appropriate first. Anything to do with health, especially around medications (substances) and invasive procedures (which any injection is) is a frikkin legal minefield.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
It's not rocket surgery.

Totally incorrect shaggs. It's doctors who don't get formal training in venepuncture and injections.

Nurses have to do yearly accreditation as well to ensure their skills are current.

shaggs

Coach
Totally incorrect shaggs. It's doctors who don't get formal training in venepuncture and injections.

Nurses have to do yearly accreditation as well to ensure their skills are current.

I'm happy to be corrected, but either way, the person who injected is of little consequence.

carcharias

Immortal
Who gives ?

These farkers have had plenty of time to get on with it .
So far pretty much f**k all.

Just wish they'd fine or ban the merkins involved so we fans don't have to
Put up with anymore.

The players/coaches etc will be distant memories in 5 years .

We are stuck here forever .

Quigs

Immortal
The players/coaches etc will be distant memories in 5 years .

We are stuck here forever .

Rod.jpg

jack059

Juniors
How do you get qualified to inject gear??

I would like to know if any except doctors can administer hormones or GH.
I know that once hormones are prescribed then the patient self injects.
Was quite the injector in my day, no one likes a miss. My friends called me the shooter.
Never worked on the northside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts