What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUBIKS

Juniors
I was of the impression that the sanctions were because we couldn't identify what was injected (yes poor governance) and not the fact that someone injected something.

No records, no knowledge, no control.

Card Shark

Immortal
Apparently John Fahey is no longer boss of WADA, according to that stupid Jacqueline Magnay on the Big Sports Breakfast this morning (normally turn volume down when she comes on). A new guy has taken over, who she reckons has said will still take a keen interest in the outcome of ASADA but will not be so high profile like Fahey. i.e. won't stick his nose in.

She also mentioned a case in the US where about 14 athletes have been banned, which apparently is similar to the Sharks case. Missed what she was refering to but that baseballer Rodriguez got a mention a bit later.

Seems to think this is going to go on for many more months & it's hard to argue with that considering it's hardly gone anywhere in 12 months, despite the government saying they had all this info, which meant they would already be in a position to issue infractions, 1 would think.

carcharias

Immortal
CRONULLA have been granted an extension to lodge their submission responding to the NRL's breach notices issued against the club last month.
"The National Rugby League has confirmed it has granted an extension of time to Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks Football Club, Shane Flanagan and Trent Elkin to respond to breach notices issued last December," an NRL statement said.

"The original deadline for response was January 15, and following a request from the parties it has been extended until January 29.
"As previously advised, NRL chief executive officer Dave Smith will take the necessary time to give proper consideration to the contents of the responses before a final decision regarding penalties is determined.
"Further comment will be given when the final decision has been made."

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/2019662/sharks-get-extension-to-lodge-submission/?cs=1633

The Popper

Bench
Me too, Webshark. It's dragged on for far too long. Got me beat how we had Danks for 5 minutes and get hammered, while the northside pets have him for years and get exonerated.

Quigs

Immortal
Me too, Webshark. It's dragged on for far too long. Got me beat how we had Danks for 5 minutes and get hammered, while the northside pets have him for years and get exonerated.

How come it has you beat Popper. What did you as a long suffering Sharks supporter ever expect.

Of course something is putrid in Denmark.... but when it involves the Hartleys ... its just a nothing thing. Now when it involves us Sharkies, well, we have been out killing infants and burning villages again. Everyone knows that.

stevie013

Juniors

difference between us and them is someone spilt (elkin) their beans. no one at manly has said a word.

Card Shark

Immortal
I hope the club works with the NRL on this, not against them & comes to a fair resolution.

We don't need to bite off our nose to spite our face.

Otherwise we may get minimal support if (eventually) ASADA comes knocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts