What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special K

Coach
To say that Sharks players have been watching the Jobe Watson development with more than a passing interest would be a massive understatement. Sharks players have been advised to say nothing and their legal team has stopped ASADA in its tracks - a result which may see the body's powers extended - but even if that happens, it is not certain to deliver the drugs watchdog the interviews and information they want. Any move to increase its power will be challenged in court. The Sharks players are stunned Watson has come forward, given all the legal advice they have received. More mystifying than why Watson admitted to using AOD9604 is why he was not stood down by the AFL about two seconds after saying it. If the supplement is banned, as we have been repeatedly told, surely ASADA should have handed him an infraction notice. And a moment after that, the AFL should have been holding a media conference supporting ASADA's move then questioning whether Watson should be allowed to keep his Brownlow. Yet none of this happened. Instead, Watson played footy, was given the biggest razz of all time and cried at full-time. What does this prove? First, that Stephen Dank was not acting as some kind of rogue agent; he was working with the club doctor and other officials, including golden boy James Hird. Watson saying he knew what he was getting and that he'd had it cleared by the club doctor are all issues the Essendon club has been trying to avoid dealing with. This columnist has seen scores of text messages between Dank and Hird and if you think Watson's the only player taking part in the program, you'd be wrong. Which brings me back to Hird. Why is he still in a position of power? None of this makes sense. But then it may explain the true meaning of the team's motto this year: ''Whatever it takes.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/ive-served-my-time-mal-says-dugan-20130629-2p3q1.html#ixzz2XgKXyHgv

Hmmmm

carcharias

Immortal
In a surprise move, Home Affairs and Justice Minister Jason Clare has been moved to the outer ministry and loses the Cabinet Secretary role.
Mr Clare, who has been touted as a future Labor leader, was only recently promoted to cabinet.
Kate Lundy - a strong support of Ms Gillard - loses the prized sports portfolio to Senator Don Farrell. Ms Lundy keeps multicultural affairs and will be minister assisting for the digital economy (a new role) as well as minister assisting for innovation and industry

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/rudd-rewards-backers-crean-departs-20130701-2p5zl.html

so what does this all mean ?

I don't do politics......too boring.

Quigs

Immortal
It's quite simple Carch.

The goalposts have now been moved and ......

It's all Farrell and Kevs fault.

Card Shark

Immortal
Home Affairs and Justice Minister Jason Clare has been moved to the outer ministry and loses the Cabinet Secretary role.

Kate Lundy - a strong support of Ms Gillard - loses the prized sports portfolio to Senator Don Farrell. Ms Lundy keeps multicultural affairs.

& stay f**ked off!!!!!!

that reshuffle would have to go down as the biggest side step since benji marshall in his prime

nothing to see hereeee.. move along now (pompous voice)

labor party, the biggest circus on australian soil, bigger than cirque du soleil

Poolshark

Juniors
that reshuffle would have to go down as the biggest side step since benji marshall in his prime

nothing to see hereeee.. move along now (pompous voice)

labor party, the biggest circus on australian soil, bigger than cirque du soleil

Amen, and hopefully we get to put an end to the pathetic show earlier than the Sept election date, go on Kev bring it forward, do us all a favour.

Card Shark

Immortal
Amen, and hopefully we get to put an end to the pathetic show earlier than the Sept election date, go on Kev bring it forward, do us all a favour.

I don't see that a change of government is going to have a profound effect on the ASADA investigations.

I understand labour have driven it but surely there is no turning back now ?? A new government can't order the investigation to cease, can they?

Ausguy

Coach
I wouldn't t think so but they will be hell bent on not backing anything the labor govt had done.

Don't forget why this started in the first place. Massive diversion.

Plastered

Juniors
Winding up the investigation could be used as a vote getter by either side. It pyssed off a lot of people, not just Sharks supporters.

Poolshark

Juniors
I don't see that a change of government is going to have a profound effect on the ASADA investigations.

I understand labour have driven it but surely there is no turning back now ?? A new government can't order the investigation to cease, can they?

That wasn't the point of my post Cardy. Merely saying that even the current Prime Minister could see through the smoke and mirrors at the "blackest day in sport" press conference.
I agree that given what has transpired with the ASADA investigation it will have to be seen through to the end. I have no doubt there is going to be some pain.
However the subject of the press conference only appears to be focused on a particular part. Yet to see or hear anything of the match fixing and the criminal element involved.

Quigs

Immortal
Is the investigation going to go for another three and a half years. Maybe when Boats Morrison as leader of the opposition in the 2016 election campaign, well he might want to terminate the inquiry.

The current Government is not going to be changed. Its onwards and upwards from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts