What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

webShark

He wasn't named was he? Looks like ASADA suspensions might be his only chance at a contract extension lol

Lol too. Is there such a thing as performance dehancers? This will turn the screw on us big time. Will Gall even come back this year? Media will be all over the place. Wtf can the club say now. I will be on the lookout for the Harley :)

Should get the deal back on the table. Gall and Wade injured anyway. Wont trouble the Top 4 or miss the other 6 that much.

Last edited:

webShark

Yep! Having penises attached to your hands instead of fingers! :lol:

Shouldn't laugh too much, he'll prob be one of our better players once thus ASADA shyte is done!

Gotta laugh. The analogy you gave was more or less my thoughts too. Surprised as he is Galls big buddy, strong as an ox and built like a tank. The little FB was one of the first names I heard bandied around. The other player with same first name is also built like Gals buddy.

Only at the Sharks. Busted for performance enhancing and won squat.

Windy70

Juniors
NSW captain Paul Gallen is among eight Cronulla players alleged to have been in negotiations with anti-doping government officials earlier this year after the peptide scandal engulfed the Sharks.

Gallen, the Cronulla captain, was named by The Daily Telegraph alongside teammates Wade Graham, Nathan Stapleton, Matthew Wright, Stewart Mills and Jayson Bukuya as attempting to arrange a series of deals which would secure their financial future if they accepted six-month "no significant fault" bans.

The Telegraph said the eight players believed they had been let down by club officials who they claim had directed them to use certain supplements.

The players had been prepared to accept a six-month ban if they were also promised that their current contracts were honoured, that none of them would be sacked and that they would be given a one-year contract extension if their deal with the club ended in 2013.

Gallen was also seeking to have any representative bonuses and payments covered

Smith found no problem with Graham's response and called for the process to resume, prompting ASADA to pull the pin while it waited for access to players' phone records, texts and emails to become law.

It is expected that could happen by August 1.

To become law? Didn't even know they could do that, just write a law and pass it when ever they hit a snag. Still the whole thing is is a cluster f**k.

Chasing players for taking things that were not banned at the time but are now, and using a law to get them that didn't exist but will soon. OK....makes sense.

EDIT : Quotes from http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/cronulla-players-rejected-ban-deals/story-fnca0von-1226683444875

shadowboxer

First Grade
Take the hit and move on, 4 horse race this season and sharks are the donkey left in the mangroves off botany bay.

Card Shark

Immortal
Gal just on the Big Sports Breakfast denying he ever tried to broker a deal with ASADA. Doesn't no where the media gets it's info from.

Still maintains they did nothing wrong, so wasnt going to broker a deal. Was told at the start that they could roll over & only get 6 months.

Who knows ? I guess the best thing to do is think that Rececca Wilson is involved, to know who to believe.

In regards to his injury, he hopes to be back next week V the Warriors but reading between the lines, it'll be longer.

Frailty

First Grade
Who knows what the truth is... Either the Tele is full of shit, or Gal is. Either one I wouldn't be surprised.

The issue for me is how come none of these 'leaks' are ever investigated?

If these leaks are real, than there are significant problems in ASADA about their data protection, and when dealing with personal information of public sporting figures, it is a massive breach of Australian Government Protective Policy Framework.

If the leaks are not real, than the Daily Telegraph are opening themselves up to serious cases of defamation by publishing false truths that directly impact on the reputation of its subjects - the players, and even ASADA itself.

Card Shark

Immortal
My point exackery Cards.

Me thinks the papers are stirring up shit again.

Der...

Well they are because this was mentioned months ago, that the players would be offered these "incentives " to roll over.

Only thing that is new is they have released names of who was apparently going to accept. That's where the truth stops.

Is their 3 names in that telegraph story..a dead giveaway for bullshit !

I have entered ASADA have nothing, its now been 5 months and still nothing.

They make big announcement was more spin in it then Warnie at his best.

Then was there no substance not 1 piece, the only driving factors are those who hate us and we know who they are and the Federal Labor Party who now once again bring up ASADA and why ???

Yes Kev's PNG has more holes then swiss cheese so they need that off the papers, and put the Sharks in print again.

ASADA you have nothing, and still they have yet to say how much this investigation has cost

Last edited:
So the PNG deal has fell through, and again ASADA gets a run to and take the media away from fully investigating PNG fiasco, here we go again.

How many more times will this happen leading up to the election

Quigs

Immortal
Hmmmm the PNG deal has fallen through has it. That's news to me.

The most important part of #Newspoll is this: 'Dealing with asylum seekers' ALP 26 (+6) L/NP 33 (-14) - a 20pt turnaround

Let me know if we are going to make this a political thread now won't youse.

Status
Not open for further replies.