What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Shark

Juniors
The naming of people for offences results in aborted court cases in NSW. When the press name an offender prior to police interviewing or charging the offender, any subsequent court case would be adjudicated as being prejudicial as the jury would have already formed their opinion from the press reports.

This is exactly what the Daily Telegraph have achieved with the ASADA investigation. As a result a fair hearing can never result for any players caught up in this process.

webShark

Quote:
The veteran prop has been previously linked with the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority inquiry, although that was reported as a case of mistaken identity after he was confused by investigators with centre Ben Pomeroy.

Don't know whats worse. Being investigated by ASADA or confused with Pom.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The naming of people for offences results in aborted court cases in NSW. When the press name an offender prior to police interviewing or charging the offender, any subsequent court case would be adjudicated as being prejudicial as the jury would have already formed their opinion from the press reports.

This is exactly what the Daily Telegraph have achieved with the ASADA investigation. As a result a fair hearing can never result for any players caught up in this process.

These guys aren't criminals. They won't get a trial with a jury, they won't get prison time.

This is effectively a civil case against elite sportsmen who have allegedly broken the ethics code in sport.

shaggs

Coach
I want a 4 second 100 meters.
Humans as fast as cars.
Get it done

This for sure. Might make the Olympics watchable.

The marathon might be alright with every competitor loaded with epo.
Or the sprint cycling. That'd be quick.

Hammer throws of 100m. Nah prob not. As if those guys haven't done a cycle.

every time i watch shit like hammer throw..discuss...these massive dudes.

i think. you moron. with your size and strength you could be playing O or D line in the NFL earning MILLLLIONS of dollars but no you want to throw a stupid steel thing down a field for no money.

stupid is as stupid does.

Not working for me either, looks like a telegraph problem

EXCLUSIVE: WADE Graham will not be required to front ASADA for a second time, following the abandonment of his interview almost three months ago.

Graham has been spared from the second round of interviews with anti-doping investigators, which are scheduled to begin next Thursday, August 1.

But nine other Cronulla players wanted for questioning are likely to request a postponement until Monday week to accommodate travel to their round 21 match in New Zealand on August 3.

Graham remains the first and only NRL player to face interrogation. On April 29, ASADA officers grilled him for roughly three hours until they called-off the interview amid a legal dispute.

The interview was aborted when ASADA became frustrated with Graham's refusal to answer critical questions pursuant to his right against self-incrimination.

ASADA postponed all further NRL interviews, opting to wait for new legislative powers that force any persons of interest to attend and submit records such as phones and personal computers.

The new law has been described as a "game changer", because it also brings in key figures such as former Sharks sports scientist Stephen Dank to give evidence or face a $5100 fine for each day he resists. Dank has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.

Wade Graham before his interview relating to the ASADA investigation almost three months ago. Picture: John Grainger

Legal representatives briefed the 10 Sharks players about the changed landscape on Tuesday.

All still have the opportunity to earn reduced six-month bans should they provide "reasonable assistance" - information leading to convictions of players or support staff - during the interview.

It's believed the level of co-operation Graham gave ASADA in April would not qualify him for a reduced ban if he is found to have breached the anti-doping code.

Graham could still volunteer to be interviewed in a bid to gain the discount.

Sharks football manager Steve Noyce declined to comment on Graham's case Wednesday night.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/cr...sadas-to-do-list/story-fndv2ypb-1226684610472

Last edited:

RgSharks

Juniors
EXCLUSIVE: WADE Graham will not be required to front ASADA for a second time, following the abandonment of his interview almost three months ago. Graham has been spared from the second round of interviews with anti-doping investigators, which are scheduled to begin next Thursday, August 1.
But nine other Cronulla players wanted for questioning are likely to request a postponement until Monday week to accommodate travel to their round 21 match in New Zealand on August 3.
Graham remains the first and only NRL player to face interrogation. On April 29, ASADA officers grilled him for roughly three hours until they called-off the interview amid a legal dispute.
The interview was aborted when ASADA became frustrated with Graham's refusal to answer critical questions pursuant to his right against self-incrimination.

ASADA postponed all further NRL interviews, opting to wait for new legislative powers that force any persons of interest to attend and submit records such as phones and personal computers.The new law has been described as a "game changer", because it also brings in key figures such as former Sharks sports scientist Stephen Dank to give evidence or face a $5100 fine for each day he resists. Dank has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.
608870-wade-graham.jpg

Wade Graham before his interview relating to the ASADA investigation almost three months ago. Picture: John Grainger

Legal representatives briefed the 10 Sharks players about the changed landscape on Tuesday.
All still have the opportunity to earn reduced six-month bans should they provide "reasonable assistance" - information leading to convictions of players or support staff - during the interview.
It's believed the level of co-operation Graham gave ASADA in April would not qualify him for a reduced ban if he is found to have breached the anti-doping code.
Graham could still volunteer to be interviewed in a bid to gain the discount.
Sharks football manager Steve Noyce declined to comment on Graham's case Wednesday night.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Heard Brad Walter bumbling through his segment on the BSB this morning. Through the gratuitous umms, errs and ya knows he did manage to make some good points. There a 30 or so players implicated apparently and he mentioned a few times through the interview that 10 or so are sharkies but there are many others obviously that arent. Now here his point and i agree with this as well. Those players that arent / weren’t with the sharks at the time have much more to fear than the mighties. His reasoning is the sharkes players may have inadvertently been exposed to doping whilst participating in a program run by the club who themselves thought nothing illegal was occurring. Yeah i know ignorance is no defence but at least the players have the club and other players behind them to support their claims. As i've said before the ARLC cant afford to let the sharkes go down the gurgler and wont, so I don’t see us folding. But his real point is there are many players out there possibly that sourced these things allegedly outside their clubs knowledge which on the face of it is far worse. Take it as you will but I reckon whilst we are unfortunately the focus at the moment we are not in the sheeeet that some of the others may be. Lets get on with it, face whatrever music and then get the focus off us. Fugg it..Id say to ASADA get them all done this week and make your judgment then piss off please. Bruno, Stevo whatdya reckon.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Can someone point me to an article that actually says the non Sharks players are in trouble for sourcing PEPs and tides? I don't actually recall that being written anywhere as the reason they are rabbits in the headlights. Could be an assumption from us all.

Card Shark

Immortal

Who wrote that article Rg ?

It's interesting near the bottom that they say players can get 6 months for providing reasonable assistance in the conviction of others. Then it says if Wade wants to do the same, he can request an interview, even though he is not required to have another 1.

It seems whoever wrote this is trying to get a sharks player to rollover because that's all they have. Almost as though the author is in cohorts with ASADA, it seems to me.

RgSharks

Juniors
Who wrote that article Rg ?

It's interesting near the bottom that they say players can get 6 months for providing reasonable assistance in the conviction of others. Then it says if Wade wants to do the same, he can request an interview, even though he is not required to have another 1.

It seems whoever wrote this is trying to get a sharks player to rollover because that's all they have. Almost as though the author is in cohorts with ASADA, it seems to me.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...sadas-to-do-list/story-fni3gol8-1226684610472

Guess who
  • Josh Massoud and James Hooper
Wilson must have been driving around after a big night.

Status
Not open for further replies.