What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Not sure it will amount to that, but its an avenue that has to be explored.

Thats 50k in legal fees, please.

ASADA would not be leaking. It would be coming from those being investigated. Look at Dean Robinson at Essendon. James Herd (does his haircut just make anyone else want to assassinate that merkin?) dobbing in Demetriou.

Its every man for himself when its apparent the hammer is coming down.

Meh. What's another $50k. Apparently there's been a money tree spring out of the swamp.

Pig Champion

Juniors
Not sure it will amount to that, but its an avenue that has to be explored.

Thats 50k in legal fees, please.

ASADA would not be leaking. It would be coming from those being investigated. Look at Dean Robinson at Essendon. James Herd (does his haircut just make anyone else want to assassinate that merkin?) dobbing in Demetriou.

Its every man for himself when its apparent the hammer is coming down.

I don't know about it only being players. The way the tele vultures are talking they keep mentioning transcripts and documents they've seen. Surely this stuff is part of the confidential investigation that asada, legal bodies and the ones investigated should only be privy to.

Frailty

First Grade
I disagree Frailty.

If you publish privileged information, without permission from the affected party, you are also in breach of the act.

It's like if the information is leaked but it never comes out no one knows. ASADA may have breached by releasing but they didn't publish.

This is why the suppression order was given earlier.

Actually a suppression order is made on the following basis that the information, if published, would:

? Endanger the national or international security of Australia;
? Prejudice to the administration of justice;
? Endanger the physical safety of any person;
? Cause undue hardship, distress or embarrassment to an alleged victim of crime or to a child
witness;
? Offend public decency or morality.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Ok, point taken but I still think they would be in breach of the privacy act due to them publishing leaked information.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I don't know about it only being players. The way the tele vultures are talking they keep mentioning transcripts and documents they've seen. Surely this stuff is part of the confidential investigation that asada, legal bodies and the ones investigated should only be privy to.

Certainly not just the players.

Anyone privy to the goings-on. Look at your esteemed former Chairman / Bell Boy for an example.

Hird himself has been leaking stuff.

Its a house of cards (anyone watch that show? How sexy is Kate Mara) and it looks like ASADA have the means to knock the bastard down.

This stuff tests Character. I will say that your boys seem to have a lot more of it than those Southern Fairies.

Frailty

First Grade
Ok, point taken but I still think they would be in breach of the privacy act due to them publishing leaked information.

It would be interesting to investigate further.

A quick look at the Health Records and Information Privacy Act (NSW) makes note that Health Privacy Principle 11, which relates to disclosure, does not apply to news media if it "is in connection with its news activities".

Frenzy.

Post Whore
So the definition of "news activities" could be a predeterminant.

They would probably just pull the public interest card then.

taipan

Referee
The law expert involved is an expert on the WADA code.If there is the slightest proof of a leak,the investigation could be compromised,making their case a little less fairly conducted.

The onus of proof is on the accusers,and if infraction notices are issued,they can be contested.One argument"how can I get a fair hearing,when my name has been publicly known for months,and rumour innuendo has been thrown around and my name blackened before I get a fair hearing.'
If there is any proven leakage from ASADA,they are also in deep sh*t,as they have not adhered to the protocols of the Act.
This has more twists and turns than a bowel movement.

Card Shark

Immortal
Lol at beau saying ASADA have nothing on the footy show.

Love the guy but... Geezzzz

He's probably just reflecting the playing groups attitude. They probably think they do have nothing because they have done nothing wrong in their eyes.

However, ASADA may have other ideas of what is " nothing wrong".

Status
Not open for further replies.