What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewsta

First Grade
Apparently Gal has broken ranks and sought independent legal representation.
I Saw it on FB it was linked to the telecrap.

Another week drags on and ASADA continue to run in cirlcles.

The worm mentions a players name then retracts it.

ASADA have nothing these guys if played poker would be gone after one hand there bluff tactic is shocking.

When its all said and done a Royal Commission is needed into ASADA for what they are done, the damaged they caused and the cost not just to the Sharks but also how much this has cost the Taxpayer.

ASADA have nothing

SHARKS skipper Paul Gallen has broken ranks from teammates involved in the anti-doping probe, hiring an independent lawyer on the eve of the resumption of player interviews.

Former Australian Sport Anti-Doping Authority legal counsel Richard Redman, in company with Rugby League Players Association silk Andrew Coleman SC, have represented all Cronulla players since the club was implicated in mid-February.

But The Daily Telegraph can confirm Gallen earlier this week disengaged himself from Redman and Coleman in favour of individual representation. Gallen was tight-lipped about the change when contacted last night as the Sharks prepared to fly to Auckland for tomorrow afternoon's clash against New Zealand.

"I was told by people I trust that I should have independent legal advice," he said.

Gallen refused to disclose the identity of his new lawyer. "That's my business," he said.

Gallen's split from the pack is indicative of different issues that face each of the 11 Sharks players who have received interview notices.

HOW WILL CRONULLA PLAYERS HANDLE THE INTERVIEWS

The first Sharks players are expected to be interviewed from Tuesday onwards.

A total of 10 are wanted for questioning this time around, with utility Wade Graham not receiving a second call-up after his interview was sensationally aborted in April.

Prop Ben Ross is the surprise inclusion, given he was at South Sydney when Cronulla's 2011 supplement program of tablets, creams and injections was used.

It's understood Ross has no case to answer and has only been summoned to provide information that might be of use to ASADA.

The remaining nine players have been split into separate categories.

The majority will only be questioned about possible exposure to banned substances at the hands of Cronulla coaching staff and their assistants, including sports scientist Stephen Dank, who has denied any wrongdoing.

The remaining players fall into a more complex category.

As revealed by The Daily Telegraph in June, ASADA has obtained hundreds of text messages from Dank's phone that involve contact with NRL players.

Gallen is among them but Dank has said the two men have remained friends since he left the club.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...erviews-kick-off/story-fni3fbgz-1226689957183

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

ASADA have nothing these guys if played poker would be gone after one hand there bluff tactic is shocking.

When its all said and done a Royal Commission is needed into ASADA for what they are done, the damaged they caused and the cost not just to the Sharks but also how much this has cost the Taxpayer.

ASADA have nothing

ASADA are the sacrificial lamb of the ACC & Lundy.

Frenzy.

Post Whore

ASADA have nothing

2eccd502f8c650a8efb83782594f162f_zpsab7b0d62.jpg

Feej

First Grade

SHARKS skipper Paul Gallen has broken ranks from teammates involved in the anti-doping probe, hiring an independent lawyer on the eve of the resumption of player interviews.

Former Australian Sport Anti-Doping Authority legal counsel Richard Redman, in company with Rugby League Players Association silk Andrew Coleman SC, have represented all Cronulla players since the club was implicated in mid-February.

But The Daily Telegraph can confirm Gallen earlier this week disengaged himself from Redman and Coleman in favour of individual representation. Gallen was tight-lipped about the change when contacted last night as the Sharks prepared to fly to Auckland for tomorrow afternoon's clash against New Zealand.

"I was told by people I trust that I should have independent legal advice," he said.

Gallen refused to disclose the identity of his new lawyer. "That's my business," he said.

Gallen's split from the pack is indicative of different issues that face each of the 11 Sharks players who have received interview notices.

HOW WILL CRONULLA PLAYERS HANDLE THE INTERVIEWS

The first Sharks players are expected to be interviewed from Tuesday onwards.

A total of 10 are wanted for questioning this time around, with utility Wade Graham not receiving a second call-up after his interview was sensationally aborted in April.

Prop Ben Ross is the surprise inclusion, given he was at South Sydney when Cronulla's 2011 supplement program of tablets, creams and injections was used.

It's understood Ross has no case to answer and has only been summoned to provide information that might be of use to ASADA.

The remaining nine players have been split into separate categories.

The majority will only be questioned about possible exposure to banned substances at the hands of Cronulla coaching staff and their assistants, including sports scientist Stephen Dank, who has denied any wrongdoing.

The remaining players fall into a more complex category.

As revealed by The Daily Telegraph in June, ASADA has obtained hundreds of text messages from Dank's phone that involve contact with NRL players.

Gallen is among them but Dank has said the two men have remained friends since he left the club.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226689957183

Interesting. Wonder why he would be doing this? Should the other players do the same to protect themselves??

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can understand Gallen's motives, Redman could be considered likely to be biased towards siding with ASADA, and not to protect the players.

Makes sense to me.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I can understand Gallen's motives, Redman could be considered likely to be biased towards siding with ASADA, and not to protect the players.

Makes sense to me.

Nup.

He's the main reason that ASADA heaven't been able to put this all away by now.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Someone gets it.

All this would still be covert if it weren't for a certain AFL exec leaking the ACC investigation to a certain club.

Make no mistake, ASADA were the fodder and forced to show its hand long before it should have. They've been hung out to dry.

They'll have the last laugh though, so to speak.

the commentary in the media and by players and supporters is very, very ill informed and naive.

millersnose

Post Whore

ASADA have nothing

What inside knOwledge do you have they irvine didn't?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Nup.

He's the main reason that ASADA heaven't been able to put this all away by now.

What you mean is put it away as a failed excercise in doping control but a very successful excercise in media diversion.

None of the products mentioned by ASADA leaks so far fall into wada banned category substance.

The majority of the products mentioned by the media, are not the products ASADA are investigating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts