What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and for the record, there is no surprise in what you have predicted. If any player has gone off the reservation be they a Shark an Eagle or whatever, then they deserve what they get.

Won't change any of us supporting our team.

Mr. Sharky

Juniors
ASADA's investigation into Essendon has been put on notice

Grant Baker From: Herald Sun September 04, 2013 7:59PM

SHADOW Sports Minister Luke Hartsuyker will not endorse ASADA's handling of the doping probe into Essendon and says "further progress" must be made before he can make an assessment of the anti-doping body's performance.

The next act in the Bombers saga will be played out in the Supreme Court today, as club doctor Bruce Reid seeks a ruling to have his charge of bringing the game into disrepute heard by an independent body in an open hearing.

The AFL last week handed Essendon the toughest punishments in league history over governance issues.

Coach James Hird, senior assistant Mark Thompson and football manager Danny Corcoran all accepted individual punishment as part of a negotiated settlement.

ASADA has come under fierce criticism over its handling of the Essendon probe in particular its decision to give to the AFL an unfinished report on August 2.

But Hartsuyker who could soon have oversight of ASADA if the coalition wins Saturday's federal election said none of the "affected parties have contacted me to express dissatisfaction with the process'' in relation to the interim report.

The Herald Sun has previously established there were legal problems with the AFL's use of the ASADA report as evidence for charges and in any hearing.

A source close to last week's negotiated settlement said the report was not explicitly referred to by AFL lawyers or the commission.

The AFL has indicated it wanted to release as much information as possible from the ASADA report the current sports minister Don Farrell said it would never be released because of privacy laws.

Asked if he was satisfied with ASADA'S handling of its investigations into the possible use of performance enhancing ElephantJuice, Hartsuyker told the Herald Sun: “ASADA needs to further progress its investigations before an accurate assessment of the Authority's performance can be made.''

He was non-committal on the possibility of a review into ASADA, saying only: “If elected, the coalition will work to ensure that ASADA has the resources and capability to successfully lead the fight against the use of ElephantJuice in Australian sport”.

Reid, 67, will today ask the court to back his demand for an independent hearing, claiming the AFL and AFL Commission are too biased and conflicted to rule on the charges.

Reid's counsel will argue because the commission passed judgment on Essendon as a club, it was biased in its view of the club doctor.

In a writ lodged in court last week, Reid's lawyers said any finding by the AFL that cleared the doctor “would be embarrassing to the AFL, including the commission”.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/as...en-put-on-notice/story-fndv8gad-1226710874256

I wonder what this means for us?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Oh and for the record, there is no surprise in what you have predicted. If any player has gone off the reservation be they a Shark an Eagle or whatever, then they deserve what they get.

Won't change any of us supporting our team.

Nor should it. I just hope you have a club to support. I think the whole thing has been handled very poorly and from what I heard today, most unprofessionally.

carcharias

Immortal
He can't handle the Carch !!
What a f**king pussy.

I know someone he knows who can handle the Carch though...

Cheers mate, will do. You enjoy all the frequent flyer points you will earn travelling to Perth every second weekend to watch your clubs home games.

Luke, Luke, Luke...this is why you lose credibility. It ends up a troll post.

I thnk you would be better served to post your comment and just leave it alone no matter what response you receive.

Just a suggestion

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If someone is going to put shit on my club, I shall return fire.

Is that not how it works?

I would never make it personal, unlike the majority of posters on this forum.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Hey Luke, why don't you post up your information you heard?

I would be interested in hearing it

No you wouldn't, you would be interested in reading it and then making some sort of childish remark in response, thats how you lot roll.

If you were interested, you would have asked originally, instead, you chose to try and be funny.

No you wouldn't, you would be interested in reading it and then making some sort of childish remark in response, thats how you lot roll.

If you were interested, you would have asked originally, instead, you chose to try and be funny.

Not really, am actually interested to see if you will back up your claim by being specific

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

So you have no info then.

Cool.

Carry on, Luke is just lonely & wants attention.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Not really, am actually interested to see if you will back up your claim by being specific

Well as you seem to be genuine, I shall.

I was on a course this week with a bloke who was called in by ASADA to review the evidence they had collected and asked to provide advice on how to proceed with the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts