What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quigs

Immortal
Did I hear somewhere that now up to 10 clubs have been mentioned in the dubious supplements programs within the AFL.

Heard last night

Frailty

First Grade
Both Gordon and Cordoba are going to struggle with their cases.

Firstly, there is zero evidence that there has been any damage done to them physically or that would amount to significant costs.

Barking up the wrong tree. What's worse for them both is even if they get handed 2 year suspensions, they would struggle to get money for loss of future earnings, etc.

Card Shark

Immortal
What's worse for them both is even if they get handed 2 year suspensions, they would struggle to get money for loss of future earnings, etc.

True, but what worries me is the other players at other clubs (As well as our own ) who may be banned.

Long way to go yet in this shit fight.

Is funny how the same 3 names are against this article. Nothing difficult about it for a decent journalist to put together. Merkins!

shiznit

Coach
Some of you blokes are shithouse...

None of you are close enough to these guys to definitively say that this supplement program hasn't had a detrimental effect on the health of these guys.

To make out that these guys are just after money is scumbag material..

By all means... Stick up for your club... I happen to think you guys have a great club!

But surely these blokes deserve to be treated with some respect and not treated like gold diggers.

I'm not saying the club is guilty... Just that all parties including the club are entitiled to be treated with respect.

Sadly I think a certain newspaper seems to lack some class in that area towards the club.. But I don't see why these 2 ex players should cop it from the Sharks fans.

shaggs

Coach
I think the club has farked up by not doing the research on a guy who hasn't turned out to have the best track record. In hindsight. I don't know him nor do I know his methods and/or qualifications.

However do I think that anything illegal occurred. Maybe,
Do I think the alleged substances enhanced performance? No
Do I think that Gordon and Cordoba have been affected? No.
The shit we allegedly used was barely a placebo. Rubbing ghrp6 onto your arms once or twice will give the same amount of effect on the body as using nurofen gel on your sore bicep. None, nada, zilch, zip.

I would like to see the scientific evidence that says peptide gel does anything.

Card Shark

Immortal
That's what stinks about ASADA Shaggs. They seem to group every "non-approved" substance as 1.

Each case should be treated on it's merits of intent & substance taken. From what I see, it means bugger all. i.e. 4 years for what Earl did, unless he dobs in others - what a joke!

Eion

First Grade
Some of you blokes are shithouse...

None of you are close enough to these guys to definitively say that this supplement program hasn't had a detrimental effect on the health of these guys.

To make out that these guys are just after money is scumbag material..

By all means... Stick up for your club... I happen to think you guys have a great club!

But surely these blokes deserve to be treated with some respect and not treated like gold diggers.

I'm not saying the club is guilty... Just that all parties including the club are entitiled to be treated with respect.

Sadly I think a certain newspaper seems to lack some class in that area towards the club.. But I don't see why these 2 ex players should cop it from the Sharks fans.

Well I think the actions are exactly that...a quick money grab. Otherwise, why not wait until its more clear exactly what substances were taken and the sharks culpibility in that. Also, have they sued dank? If not, why not?

I'm not going to howl from the rooftops they are scum for doing so, and they certainly aren't the first in the legal system to give this crack. If I'm wrong and they have lasting ill effects, then good luck to them.

Card Shark

Immortal
If you slip on a grape in Woolworths

You squash the grape & it sticks to your foot. ;-)

To me, players are well within their rights to sue but it will suck that any legal fees & damages will come from the club's coffers, not the f**kwit(s) pockets who approved & administered what non-approved substance may have been taken.

Someone is responsible for this mess & so far that finger hasn't been strongly pointed at anyone, particularly the c**ks at the Telecrap.

Here we go.

Gordon & Cordoba sueing us maybe when they left the club were they better or worse when they joined neither they were basically the same

There Lawyers are apparently Shine Lawyers who would be pay on win, so i believe no money from own pocket.

Another day and what have ASADA came out with nothing.

ASADA have nothing

Puntastic

Juniors
You squash the grape & it sticks to your foot. ;-)

To me, players are well within their rights to sue but it will suck that any legal fees & damages will come from the club's coffers, not the f**kwit(s) pockets who approved & administered what non-approved substance may have been taken.

ASADA will go after the players, and they don't need to prove any sort of knowledge/intent.

The players will sue the clubs for loss of earnings. They might not have known, but even if they did proving intent on the balance of probabilities will be tricky. The clubs might even settle out of court to get it out of the public eye ASAP.

The clubs will then only sue their employees for some form of negligence or breach of contract IF THEY CAN. There is often vicarious liability protecting the employee from being personally liable. And because the players' contracts were with the club and not the individuals, it's the club as an entity that owes them a duty of care.

It's a nice big clusterf**k.

Even if this wasn't the case, players would be suing the club because the club has the money (well, more than the individuals do anyway). You don't sue people without money. Eventually, the assistant trainer's salary is going to run out and players are out of pocket.

carinashark

First Grade
Its all about frightening the players enough to put their hands up to performance enhancing ElephantJuice. Asada do not want to spend the money in court where any half decent lawyer will make them look stupid. Say nothing , ASADA have nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts