What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put up or shut up, ASADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spider

Coach
If the Sharks were smart, they would be examining the way Essendon chairman Paul Little brokered a deal with the AFL to end the ongoing suffering for the club’s supporters and, in the bigger picture, the entire game.

Ultimately, coach James Hird had to accept some form of accountability.

Maybe a bit of a proof read from the editor would be wise before allowing old mate James to publish his opinions.

That little paragraph casts quite a stern aspersion.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's all about money and logistics to the NRL in the short term. That is why they still have an open offer of about $10 million to any club willing to relocate.

And it's several million cheaper for the NRL to pay off the Sharks debt and keep them where they are now.

Again, relocation is nonsense

The Dodger

First Grade
I haven't been offended by Avenger in any way. He/she is only bringing up possibilities the ostriches in here don't want to think about.
in actual fact frenzy, the theory that ostriches bury their heads in the ground out of fear is not true.

This tale originates from the fact that the male ostrich will dig a large hole (up to 6 to 8 feet wide and 2-3 feet deep) in the sand for the nest / eggs. Predators cannot see the eggs across the countryside which gives the nest a bit of protection. The hen as well as the rooster takes turns setting on the eggs and because of the indention in the ground, usually just blend into the horizon. All birds turn their eggs (with their beak) several times a day during the incubation period. From a distance it appears as though the bird has his/her head in the sand.

An ostrich's first response to fear is to run. Not only do they not stay to protect the eggs, they attempt to detract a predator to follow them. Due to the fact that they can run sustained speeds of about forty miles per hour, most predators are quickly lost and the eggs are safe.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
in actual fact frenzy, ostriches do not bury their heads in the ground out of fear.

This tale originates from the fact that the male ostrich will dig a large hole (up to 6 to 8 feet wide and 2-3 feet deep) in the sand for the nest / eggs. Predators cannot see the eggs across the countryside which gives the nest a bit of protection. The hen as well as the rooster takes turns setting on the eggs and because of the indention in the ground, usually just blend into the horizon. All birds turn their eggs (with their beak) several times a day during the incubation period. From a distance it appears as though the bird has his/her head in the sand.

An ostrich's first response to fear is to run. Not only do they not stay to protect the eggs, they attempt to detract a predator to follow them. Due to the fact that they can run sustained speeds of about forty miles per hour, most predators are quickly lost and the eggs are safe.

haha true, I read this the other day when looking for ostrich pics but, nevertheless, it remains in the vernacular with the meaning I inferred.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mate please read my posts carefully. I said I think that this is the NRL's plan. It's not my take of what I think. I hope you win the GF and give it to them.
I don't think it is the NRL's plan at all.

They've given no indication that they want teams to relocate.

Furthermore, if relocation had to happen, why aren't Parramatta, Dragons, Manly or Tigers being mentioned, considered they're all a shambles either financially, structurally, or both.

They also don't have the prospective income that Cronulla will have.

The Dodger

First Grade
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pe...-2011-nrl-season/story-fndv34xp-1226706991663

really.

surely they didn't put that to print....

here come the lawyers

FMD - can james hooper get any dumber
they were talking about this on triple m this morning, matt johns and MG were trying to make excuses that the panthers did not know what they were paying for, making it out as if they were a club in financial strife back then and struggling just to keep up with paying their bills, not knowing the extent of what they were paying for.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I don't think it is the NRL's plan at all.

They've given no indication that they want teams to relocate.

Furthermore, if relocation had to happen, why aren't Parramatta, Dragons, Manly or Tigers being mentioned, considered they're all a shambles either financially, structurally, or both.

They also don't have the prospective income that Cronulla will have.

Might have.

spider

Coach
they were talking about this on triple m this morning, matt johns and MG were trying to make excuses that the panthers did not know what they were paying for, making it out as if they were a club in financial strife back then and struggling just to keep up with paying their bills, not knowing the extent of what they were paying for.

that's a poor defense being thrown up by them

when finances are tight, the business prioritises its creditors accordingly, therefore high lighting the fact they would be well aware of what payments were being made and which ones were being held back

this one will get very messy for hooper

TheFrog

Coach
that's a poor defense being thrown up by them

What is being claimed is that the club paid a medical bill, knowing it was fort treatment of a particular player but not knowing in full what that treatment entailed. It seems the player had made his own arrangements.

I suppose 2011 was a more naive time as far as player injury treatments go. The Penrith club have clearly left themselves open here and procedures need to be tightened up, but if it could be demonstrated they had any part of it they'd be facing the music now, not Sandor Earl.

And if they did have this happening, a la Essendon and (it appears) the Sharks, they'd be juicing up more than one player you'd have to think.

Longy

Juniors
Seems strange to me that if Earl thought/knew he was doing something wrong he would let the Panthers pick up the bill.

carcharias

Immortal
Josh masood has been on fox sports.
Having a sook because the sharks haven't been kicked out yet.
He was whinging because the NRL have not used the cavanagh report
to bust the players.

He basically said it would be unfair for the sharks to be in the finals
or " god forbid , win the comp" .

spider

Coach
there is a misconception that finance has been rosey, but its not the case.

the club have sacrificed the licensed club to ensure the survival of the footy club - no one has issues with that.

it was always going to be an uphill battle until the next stage of finance is received from the development, which is years away. The leagues club was doomed once it had to finance its relocation and refurb - which as alluded to already, will be in the vicinity of $10m for starters, which puts their debt above what it was prior to the recent down payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts