What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q and A thread for new coaches

Misty Bee

First Grade
Ignoring the thought of Sir Issac being a bluebag.....

I haven't decided about PL finals eligibility yet. I'm still leaning toward excluding the top THIRTEEN - I believe clubs missing out on firsts but making the PL finals would be bottom heavy - I'll have a look and see what the stats tell me, but maybe excluding the top 15 is fairer.

I don't plan to keep stats on how many reserve grade games a player plays.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Has Luke Dorn ever been known to play hooker? i think he has but i cant recall to much certainty

rabs

Staff member
from memory UM there won't be 3-2-1's for PL, be nice to see that change though

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Basically, your players ratings will change slightly after each game. It's still based on the 5 groups of players (left, right, halves, front row and assists). If your group outplays their opponents in a game, their ratings will increse slightly. Likewise they will fall slightly if they are outplayed. Game plans affect this, and so do interchanges. Therefore, areas of the field that you boost either through game plans or interchange (or tokens) will most likely improve, while neglected areas may suffer.

So, for example, if your front row is slowly losing points, you can boost them (by ordering an attack or defence, or interchange) in the hope that they regain some stats.

If their points slip low enough, you can drop them to the PL side, and replace them. In PL, they are subject to form as well. Against weaker players, you could run them into form. Or you could put them on the injured list, and they will regain 10% per week off. Just remember that an injured player can only get back to their original rating that they had at the start of the year. You can't put your 4 5 PL bench halfback on the injured list all season and have him ready for the finals as a shock tactic with a 10 10 rating.

Clear as mud?

Just wanted clarification on the bit in bold. I've got my new template (thanks Misty), but the ratings of the PL players haven't changed at all.

Ghoulies

Bench
Anyone else have an issue with missing players in their new templates?

It seems I have 2 Morrins in mine, and no O'Meley.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
yep... just reply all and I'm sure Misty'll fix it up.

rabs, can you please let us know when the site is updated with the new ratings. cheers.

Misty Bee

First Grade
ATM, form hasn't been worked into the PL, but it will. It's been tough setting this up than I thought, and time hasn't been my friend lately - hence the probs to iron out.

Latest posts