What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q and A thread for new coaches

Misty Bee said:
Norton will make a comeback. The others will be added to the pool.

I'll PM every club on their core sqauds shortly.

Nice to see Souths coaches working together. Has anyone else gotten together yet?
Looking forward to it :D

Caged Panther

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Norton will make a comeback. The others will be added to the pool.

I'll PM every club on their core sqauds shortly.

Nice to see Souths coaches working together. Has anyone else gotten together yet?

bit of limited PM'ing between my coach trying to encourage his involvment however he hasn't gotten back to me in a few days so I might have to make some decisions unilaterally.

Jono078

Referee
Just a question, may be a stupid one but I am not sure.

Does giving the captaincy to a player affect their peformance? Like make the better somewhat ?

bartman

Immortal
You could even argue that captaincy makes a player's performance worse, in some real life cases. Probably best left alone...

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Misty's already updated the original lists and removed the players that have already been drafted.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
How will points start work?

With the salary cap applied to the whole club, is it an aggregate points start across both grades? Or maybe half of the aggregate start for each grade (ie. same start in each grade)?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Captaincy does not change a players points.

Points start is the same for first grade. PL I might have to wing it a bit - I haven't decided wether to have points start for PL or not. Suggestions?

Caged Panther

First Grade
Misty Bee said:

Points start is the same for first grade. PL I might have to wing it a bit - I haven't decided wether to have points start for PL or not. Suggestions?

I want to know how the form is going to work.

And personally I think PL should have points start, although the obvious aim to be the best club you can I think having a points start and coaches ladder would give PL coaches an individual achievement to look at. How do we do that without a points start.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Basically, your players ratings will change slightly after each game. It's still based on the 5 groups of players (left, right, halves, front row and assists). If your group outplays their opponents in a game, their ratings will increse slightly. Likewise they will fall slightly if they are outplayed. Game plans affect this, and so do interchanges. Therefore, areas of the field that you boost either through game plans or interchange (or tokens) will most likely improve, while neglected areas may suffer.

So, for example, if your front row is slowly losing points, you can boost them (by ordering an attack or defence, or interchange) in the hope that they regain some stats.

If their points slip low enough, you can drop them to the PL side, and replace them. In PL, they are subject to form as well. Against weaker players, you could run them into form. Or you could put them on the injured list, and they will regain 10% per week off. Just remember that an injured player can only get back to their original rating that they had at the start of the year. You can't put your 4 5 PL bench halfback on the injured list all season and have him ready for the finals as a shock tactic with a 10 10 rating.

Clear as mud?

bartman

Immortal
That actually sounds surprisingly clear, kind of realistic and I'm very interested to see this unfold...

Misty, can you please remind new and old coaches about how fire 'em up tokens will work this year? Will it be the same as always or a bit different?

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Misty Bee said:

Giving it a bit more thought... i remember you saying that you worked out the new salary caps by adjusting the first grade cap and then adding the same amount to each team for PL. I think that's the key... have the points start in first grade, but have PL with points start only to reflect HGA as they were supposedly all given the same amount to work with.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
If your group outplays their opponents in a game, their ratings will increse slightly.

Will it be an offensive increase if they outplay them offensively and a defencive increase if they outplay them defencively?

Will reserves get any sort of form change based on the groups they're subbed into?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Same as always.

A 'fier 'em up'token is used to fire up your club for a big effort in which ever match they are fired up for. Basically it's the same as having the wood on your opponent, except with a token you get to choose who you fire up against.

so, if you wish to nullify a home ground advantage, or spring an upset on a more favoured opponent, use a token.

If you are away against a gun, the token may not be enough to get you home.

Or you can be crafty and use a token against an opponent who you need to pass on the coaches ladder - I haven't seen this done much. Maybe you lot are too nice to each other!

Misty Bee

First Grade
eloquentEEL said:
Will it be an offensive increase if they outplay them offensively and a defencive increase if they outplay them defencively?

No.It's an aggregate increase. So if (for arguments sake) your fullbacks attack is 20% better than their opponent, and their defence is the same, your fullbacks attack and defence will both increase by 10%

Will reserves get any sort of form change based on the groups they're subbed into?

No. Bench players don't change form for that match. It only applies for the starting 13 for each team.

Latest posts