What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q: Best club over the last 5 years?

stormbati

Bench
correct - the Storm have won one premiership.

Thank you for clarifying that.
Oh, no, sorry let me clarify.

The Storm won the 2007 and 2009 Premierships by defeating Manly and Parra respectively.
The Storm were later caught of salary-cap rorting and were stripped of both those premierships.
So I was lucky enough to witness these GF's and experienced great joy from it. You'd have to win one to understand.
I also know what it's like to have Premierships taken away.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

The Storm won the 2007 and 2009 Premierships by defeating Manly and Parra respectively.
The Storm were later caught of salary-cap rorting and were stripped of both those premierships.
So I was lucky enough to witness these GF's and experienced great joy from it. You'd have to win one to understand.

no-one is questioning whether the storm actually won a game of football on the first weekend in october in 2007 & 2009..

where the debate lies is your belief that these ill-gotten premierships are the basis for making the storm the best team over the past 5 years..

they cheated. fact.

therefore they cannot be classed as the best..

stormbati

Bench
no-one is questioning whether the storm actually won a game of football on the first weekend in october in 2007 & 2009..

where the debate lies is your belief that these ill-gotten premierships are the basis for making the storm the best team over the past 5 years..

they cheated. fact.

therefore they cannot be classed as the best..

Yes, correct. We are not premiers. I can still watch it with great joy

DJShaksta

First Grade

Okayyyyy...........
So basically, the Storm have won one premiership.

Hutty1986

Immortal

:lol::lol::lol: Are you actually serious?

Your team of salary cap cheats might as well have been out on the harbour in GI's speedboat those Sunday afternoons because what your illegally-assembled side did then means sweet f*ck all.

I honestly can't tell if you believe the deluded, blind dribble you are posting

melb_belle

Juniors
Exactly my brother
I have to disagree, I would rather have not been rorting the cap and lost those 2 GF's instead of having them striped last year.
The feeling of having those striped last year and all the salary cap drama was a lot worse than losing the GF against Manly in 08.

stormbati

Bench
I have to disagree, I would rather have not been rorting the cap and lost those 2 GF's instead of having them striped last year.
The feeling of having those striped last year and all the salary cap drama was a lot worse than losing the GF against Manly in 08.
traitor, im having some trolling fun

Patorick

Staff member
Top 8 win/loss percentages over the past 5 years (draw counts as half a win and half a loss):

1. Melbourne - 72.1%
2. Manly - 65.9%
3. Dragons - 57.9%
4. Brisbane - 57.1%
5. Tigers - 53.2%
6. Warriors - 50.8%
7. Titans - 46.8%
8. Eels - 46.0%

Souths were 13th with 44.2% in case you were wondering.

So yeah.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Top 8 win/loss percentages over the past 5 years (draw counts as half a win and half a loss):

1. Manly - 65.9%
2. Dragons - 57.9%
3. Brisbane - 57.1%
4. Tigers - 53.2%
5. Warriors - 50.8%
6. Titans - 46.8%
7. Eels - 46.0%

Souths were 13th with 44.2% in case you were wondering.

So yeah.

That's an interesting read. Geez that's pretty bloody good consistency from Manly during that time

kbw

Bench
I have to say Melbourne, regardless of their "indesgressions".

No way would it be Saints, win 1 GF and choke 4 out of 5 years, don't make a great team

Jason Maher

Immortal
I have to say Melbourne, regardless of their "indesgressions".

No way would it be Saints, win 1 GF and choke 4 out of 5 years, don't make a great team

Does this shit need to be brought up in every single f**king thread? :roll:

Latest posts