What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q: Best club over the last 5 years?

stormbati

Bench
If anybody was looking to find some of the dumbest rugby league supporters in the world, looking in this thread would be a good start.

Manly would be the best with 1 premiership and 2 grand finals, followed by StGeorge with 1 premiership and 2 minor premierships. A case could be made for the 2 minor premierships being worth more than the grand final appearances but that's a whole different issue.

4 consecutive GF's and 3 consecutive MP's???
Head under the sand much?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Sorry, just checked the record books and can't find a team who achieved 3 consecutive minor premierships for any team in the last 5 years..

Best i found was the dragons with 2..

stormbati

Bench
Sorry, just checked the record books and can't find a team who achieved 3 consecutive minor premierships for any team in the last 5 years..

Best i found was the dragons with 2..
Thats weird, must be two sets of record books, both different!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Thats weird, must be two sets of record books, both different!

Two sets of books relating to the storm?

never..

But i would be keen to see where they won these 3 minor premierships..

Hell, they're not even listed on the JJ gillitnan shield..

eozsmiles

Bench
If I ever get charged with a crime I want 12 Melbourne Storm fans on the jury. Their interpretation of right and wrong would give me a huge chance at getting off.

typicalfan

Coach
The Storm even if you count their minor premierships also have a wooden spoon to their name. The best team in the last five years can't have won a wooden spoon lol.

Loudstrat

Coach
Are we talking best team or best club?
Team = performance on field
club = performance off field

I'd go Storm on field
Titans off field (yes I know about the rumours but they have survived the difficulties of a new club, recruited well, got a great stadium built and generally have a crowd avg higher than majority of clubs).
I agree. Getting the Government to build you a stadium means you are the best off the field, even if you are on skid row and have started a spoon collection.

Cheating means you are the best on the field.

images

Loudstrat

Coach
As in a collapsed sand mine.

4 consecutive grand finals - last team - Parramatta 81-84. We let Manly buy the minor premierships back then ;-). Also Souffs - 67-71 (5), and of course St Pre-Merge with 11

3 consecutive minor premiershps - last team - Manly 95-97, Manly 71-74, Souffs 68-70, Saints 11 from 12 between 56 and 67 - only Wests interupted them in 61.

Melbourne are not listed at all, save for a fluke comp win in 99 and this years Minor Premiership.

Latest posts