What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Maroons 2024

ALX25

Bench
I know Billy won't drop Grant, because he has the potential for big play but his form has been dog shit. Even in Game 1. And Mahoney would bring some niggle and pest to our game that just might get under some opposition skin.

According to NRL Physio Harry has a sternum injury.

ALX25

Bench
Talking points from today:
Harry Grant in possible doubt. Reed Mahoney, AJ Brimson, Kalyn Ponga mentioned.
Non-committal about David Fifita.
Cobbo in.
Papali'i possibly out of retirement.

Last edited:

MRN

Juniors
Taulagi out of origin. Surely paves way for Gagai, pushing Holmes out to wing. Unless AKP gets called up for a wing debut (highly unlikely).

Big Pete

Referee
According to the Courier Mail the Maroons are expected to line up with:

1. Reece Walsh
2. Selwyn Cobbo
3. Dane Gagai
4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
5. Valentine Holmes
6. Tom Dearden
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Reuben Cotter
9. Ben Hunt
10. Lindsay Collins
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jeremiah Nanai
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Harry Grant
15. Moeaki Foutaika
16. Felise Kaufusi
17. Kalyn Ponga

18. Reed Mahoney

Still no Fifita.

MRN

Juniors
WTF? How can he still have no Fifita? I have no problem dropping Su'a, as I thought he or Nanai probably had to go. Capewell did nothing wrong but didn't add anything either. Fifita would add some much needed punch.
And don't get me started on Grant's form let alone having carrying a sternum injury where he has to 'play through the pain'. Mahoney is in good form and what better place to debut him then Suncorp, where he can be a pest and niggle meat heads like Barnett and Lenui and the crowd will be right behind him.

MRN

Juniors
Yes, some brutal honesty from QLD officials is needed now.
The only theory I have, and it's ridiculous if it has any credibility, but the only way Fifita has indirectly affected Slater, was when he slipped up last year as Walsh's star witness. When Walsh was at judiciary for allegedly swearing at the ref and Fifita was giving evidence, he slipped up stating Walsh swore at the ref, when his initial story was he saw Walsh swear at Patty, attributing the slip up to being nervous when he speaks at judiciary. In the end Reece got rubbed out of Origin 3 due to the suspension and Fifita's slip up was glaringly obvious.

The only theory I have, and it's ridiculous if it has any credibility, but the only way Fifita has indirectly affected Slater, was when he slipped up last year as Walsh's star witness. When Walsh was at judiciary for allegedly swearing at the ref and Fifita was giving evidence, he slipped up stating Walsh swore at the ref, when his initial story was he saw Walsh swear at Patty, attributing the slip up to being nervous when he speaks at judiciary. In the end Reece got rubbed out of Origin 3 due to the suspension and Fifita's slip up was glaringly obvious.

You may be on to something because he keeps having cracks at Fifitas form but its miles better then the guys Billys picking..