What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qld soo side

Joker's Wild

Coach
Should i arange an ambulance for a femine looking male dressed in a blues jersey after origin 3? Oh shit hang on we will ready have it wrapped up by then saving your life. You should write a thank you letter to Big Mal right now.

Why would you be wearing a Blues jersey? Have you made some sort of bet to run down Caxton st in one when Qld get beaten?

I look forward to seeing that chump

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Why would you be wearing a Blues jersey? Have you made some sort of bet to run down Caxton st in one when Qld get beaten?

I look forward to seeing that chump

Your pathetic reply indicates to me you are in your early teens. If this is the case beware of hutty.

Mr Fourex

Bench
You'll disappear again if the maroons get done. Loving Fourex's delusion regarding Dave Taylor, the bloke's supposed to have been "unstoppable" for a long time now, yet remains a peaheart

Needed the NSW biased judiciary to stop him last year.........:sarcasm:

Big Pete

Referee
Moving the Mal discussion from the NSW thread over to here since RBM's PM has been disabled.

Take 2

RBM, you're wrong in saying that Mal 'dropped' or 'stuck' by certain players. In most cases the players were simply unavailable either through retirement (Sing & Bowman), injuries (Ty & Ross) or he actually selected them for a number of games (Webb, Bowen).

Players such as Parker & Harrison weren't initially retained and only became apart of the squad when either Queensland were desperate or their form was simply too irresistible.

Mal has been a great coach for a lot of reasons but the examples you're using are simply wrong and should be refined.

Moving the Mal discussion from the NSW thread over to here since RBM's PM has been disabled.

Take 2

RBM, you're wrong in saying that Mal 'dropped' or 'stuck' by certain players. In most cases the players were simply unavailable either through retirement (Sing & Bowman), injuries (Ty & Ross) or he actually selected them for a number of games (Webb, Bowen).

Players such as Parker & Harrison weren't initially retained and only became apart of the squad when either Queensland were desperate or their form was simply too irresistible.

Mal has been a great coach for a lot of reasons but the examples you're using are simply wrong and should be refined.
I apologise.I forgot that I had disabled my PM capability.Try now.I included you in my contact list.

Sing should have been dropped long before he retired.Big heart.Tough QLDer.A real talent in his prime.I just think that his prime had passed,by 2005.
Ross is a good player but not cut out for Origin.Gutsy,shocking injuries.Should have achieved more at club level.Can have moments where he is a passenger in any side.

Bowen is brilliant at club level and has exhibited flashes of that brilliance at Origin level,but he hasn't seemed to be able to translate what he does at club level onto the Origin field.

Webb has had his moments at Origin level,but was really not capable enough to shine at Origin level.Patchy at Origin level,patchy at club level.Has been out of contention due to poor form for too long now to be even considered a possibility.Back then I liked him,but Mal was smart and used him for a while until it was obvious that he offered too little to be considered.

Parker has never really played to his full potential at any level.Not even Origin.Read between the lines of what I just said about Parker.I really rate the guy.He can be a great player.He should have been a regular at the top level,but for whatever reason,reasons I don't know,he has never played to his full potential.
Harrison doesn't have the talent of Parker, he is not stellar in attack,but is also not a liability in defense.He can hold his head up as a contributing element to the victories that he has played in.
I like Tonga.He has some improvement to make in attack,where he has some irritating deficiencies that blunt what he can do there.His defense is solid.His attack just needs some slight tweeking,and he could be a better Origin try scorer.Gutsy,gutsy player.I have no idea how he played with one arm disabled in Game 1 last year.How did he manage to make his tackles with one arm?Unbelievable.

I still maintain that Mal's selections have been uncanny at Origin level.Who would have selected Adam Mogg for instance?Mal did and Mogg repaid in spades.

I think that Mal has the knack of getting the best out of players, at Origin level.They seem to play better for him than they play for most of their coaches.Bennett is more likely a better coach.There are probably a few better coaches than Mal,but at this rep level Mal gets results.

I'd love to see Tate return to top form,because he is good in attack and defense.The question is how good is his form.There is no question about his commitment if selected.

Big Pete

Referee
That insight is all well and good - but it has little to do with the conversation.

Mal didn't 'drop' these players as they were already unavailable.

Snappy

Coach
. You won't miss me cause Im gonna be the fella giving it deluxe to everyone in a maroon jersey

Don't say i didn't warn ya ;-)

:lol: You'll be giving it to us deluxe if your mob finally wins a series after 7 years ?

Of course NSW will win a series some time in the coming years (maybe this year ya never know) But the mood should be a feeling of relief I would think. You can start 'giving it deluxe' when your team wins 5 series in a row.

Joker's Wild

Coach
f**k off

Every SOO series win is golden and Ill celebrate them all the same whether its our 1st, 3rd or 10th in a row.

See you bitches at Caxton street

betcats

Referee
Just popped in to do some trolling. Im looking forward to a big series win for the blues this year, no way you inbreds get up without Lockyer the croaky voiced merkin, he f**ken sounds like a toad thats for sure. I wonder how much whinging big mal will do after a series loss? cause he does plenty when he is winning. So what are the odds on a lovely young lady from qld taking a dump on her suncorp seat this year?

Mr Fourex

Bench
Just popped in to do some trolling. Im looking forward to a big series win for the blues this year, no way you inbreds get up without Lockyer the croaky voiced merkin, he f**ken sounds like a toad thats for sure. I wonder how much whinging big mal will do after a series loss? cause he does plenty when he is winning. So what are the odds on a lovely young lady from qld taking a dump on her suncorp seat this year?

Why......hungry?

F*ck off

bronco_buddy

Juniors
1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Hannant
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Harrison

14. Barba
15. Civoniceva
16. Taylor
17. Gillett

18th. Shillington/Te'o

Not sure about Harrison, I haven't seen any Titans games this year.
If he's no good I'd move Taylor into the starting back row, Myles to lock and Shillo onto bench

Mr Fourex

Bench
1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Hannant
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Harrison

14. Barba
15. Civoniceva
16. Taylor
17. Gillett

18th. Shillington/Te'o

Not sure about Harrison, I haven't seen any Titans games this year.
If he's no good I'd move Taylor into the starting back row, Myles to lock and Shillo onto bench

Don't like the Barba inclusion Buddy. Last year everyone found out he couldn't catch the high ball or defend very well.......consistently.

Never liked Matt Bowen being selected as the utility........Barba is no different.

isaiah

Bench
ash graham was good tonight, two more games like that and he'd be my wing.

good to see mataora play well and score a try as a pointer towards the future

mxlegend99

Referee
How would QLD fans feel about Travis Burns as a potential utility? He has been going great for the Panthers this season, can cover the halves, hooker and if needed could probably cover lock and centres also. But the thing that he has going for him most is his attitude... he's extremely tough, gets under his opponents skin and IMO is the sort of bloke who would find another gear if he wore the Maroon jersey.

Big Pete

Referee
No thanks.

He's put in a few improved performances for the Panthers but he just has too many momentum killing mistakes in him.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Is Jayson Bakuya considered a QLDer? I know he's represented Fiji but i saw his junior club was Norths Brisbane. If so he could be a bolter. Id certainly take him over Myles and Harrison.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Gavin Cooper has deinfately put his hand up this year. Been excellent on the fringes for us.

Latest posts