What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qld soo side

Mr Fourex

Bench
I dont want DCE there either. He is not a Cronk who could play anywhere. Shillington, Hannant, Gillett will be there....i hope. As for the 4th benchie - In Mal i trust.

Which is why I would like to start DCE and leave Cronk on the bench.

No Barba.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cherry - Evans
8. Scott
9. Smith (C)
10. Hannant
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Cronk
15. Taylor
16. Shillington
17. Gillett

Special K

Coach
Qld should pick Bukuya. Can play 2nd row or centre and is a freak who runs at the defense like they stole something from him. If he played for the broncos people would be talking up his chances..

Dazzat

First Grade
Why would you play the best halfback in the game on the bench simply because he can play anywhere? Very strange way of structuring a team. No, you play the best players in the best positions, and leave the bench to work itself out.

It's a line-ball between Bowen and Barba. Bowen gives the added benefit of his combination with Thurston and a little bit more experience. Both could play dummy half.

hellteam

First Grade
Cronk is a far better halfback than DCE. At this stage anyway, maybe in a few years things will change.

We would be stupid to break up that Cronk Slater Smith combination. And we won't.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Why would you play the best halfback in the game on the bench simply because he can play anywhere? Very strange way of structuring a team. No, you play the best players in the best positions, and leave the bench to work itself out.

It's a line-ball between Bowen and Barba. Bowen gives the added benefit of his combination with Thurston and a little bit more experience. Both could play dummy half.

I think it makes the 17 man team stronger and I don't think Cronk is that far ahead of DCE.

Bowen and or Barba don't make the team stronger......in fact, I think they could be a liability.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Cronk is a far better halfback than DCE. At this stage anyway, maybe in a few years things will change.

We would be stupid to break up that Cronk Slater Smith combination. And we won't.

That combination hasn't been needed as such in state of origin thus far, so there would be no "breaking it up"

You're most likely right though....Cronk will start.

I don't want to see DCE on the bench in that case.

or Bowen

or Barba

lockyno1

Post Whore
Barba can play in the halves and has a very strong passing and short kicking game. Don't let his NRL position fool you. He would be very dangerous in the last 10 minutes of each half.

Pity Bowen was useless in the same role. Barba is still woeful under the high ball! You aint taking off Slater...who the heck are you taking off to put Barba on!:lol:

Jason Maher

Immortal
The Queensland team just about picks itself:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tonga/Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
13. Harrison
12. Thaiday
11. Myles
10. Civoniceva
9. Smith (c)
8. Scott

14. Ballin
15. Gillett
16. Hannant
17. Shillington

The Queensland team just about picks itself:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tonga/Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
13. Harrison
12. Thaiday
11. Myles
10. Civoniceva
9. Smith (c)
8. Scott

14. Ballin...No...PARKER OR TAYLOR.
15. Gillett
16. Hannant
17. Shillington

user_nat

Coach
On form quite a few have earnt a spot ahead of Petro.
If Petro wants to play though, I can't see them not giving him the starting spot.

Don't see a problem with a better prop like Shillington coming off the bench, helps keep the rotation strong for the full 80 minutes.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Parker will be lock, Harrison has nothing on him! Parker will be there for sure

The NSW recipe for losing series' right there. You just don't get the fact that Harrison is a key ingredient being able to effectively play 80...not to mention he was one of QLD's best players last season. He is an absolute lock.

Dazzat

First Grade
Mal will not drop Harrison ... he'd have to have two broken legs before Mal dropped him. Likewise with Parker on the bench.

Queensland takes the view that one or more players will at some stage be injured during a series. They'll go with last year's team as close as they can, and bring in new players like Barba, Gillett and Kennedy as needed.

What a luxury ... afforded by years of showing faith with existing players. They won't spoil it now and delve into the NSW strategy of picking players who are marginally outperforming existing players, or have lifted their form just before Origin. Slippery slope that one.

Latest posts