What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

qld team announced

lockyno1

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
Locky are you insane? They went with an awful backrow. Johnson and Stagg will make 80 tackles between them but they are both sh*t ball runners and you need go foward in Origin.

NSW are going to smash QLD's fowards all over the park, we should win this game with the team that QLD has named.

Stagg is a good ball runner but realistically with Thaiday and Webb coming on, sometimes you need these ugly workhorses in the starting lineup! The call was the right one! I am more concerned with berrigan and Bowen than the backrow!:(

Ghoulies

Bench
lockyno1 said:
I went for Harrison instead of Scott BUT Scott deserves it. LL, if he wants to play Origin should play for a better side.
Interesting that you should mention Harrison, as he made his Origin debut playing for perennial woodenspooners Souths.
JUSTIN SMITH, not Jason. Cowboys utility player. :?
He's a cockroach, you dunce.

Leagueguy said:
Learoyd might come into contention next game. He'll probably need a little media hype though to gain some recognition. He played well yesterday though.

He's played well all season, IMO he has been the form back rower in the comp thus far into the season if you consider Mason a Prop.

This is the problem. Selectors do not have good football brains. Their selections a purely based on the perceived reaction of the team they pick by the media. This year is queenslands chance to really stick it to the blues this year, however I think the selectors have let them down by not giving them enough strike power and go forward in the forwards.

Neither Scott or Stagg have great offloading abilities like TLL. With the strenght of the Queensland backs, TLL's offloads would prove deadly for NSW

lockyno1

Post Whore
Ghoulies said:
Interesting that you should mention Harrison, as he made his Origin debut playing for perennial woodenspooners Souths.
He's a cockroach, you dunce.

Yes but Harrison was CLEARLY Souths' best player. LL is good but is he as good as Clinton or Jason Smith consistently? I think not. He'd be damn lucky to get a spot.

Mr Saab

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Um...we have Thaiday and Webb on the bench. That is more than enough attacking players with good go forward, size, etc. The two in the starting lineup I would have picked probally. I went for Harrison instead of Scott BUT Scott deserves it. LL, if he wants to play Origin should play for a better side.

And who is going to play dummyhalf if need be? Yeah i can just see Thaiday/Myles at dummy half :roll:
I am not a huge fan of Berrigan, but i can see why he is there. He can cover alot of positions on the park.

Pigskin

Juniors
you guys are forgetting that Petero has played plenty of backrow

and I wouldn't mind a dollar each way (as i'm prone to do) that Webb or Thaiday starts to look after the first 15 minutes of bash up

that will be 4 big boppers for the blues to handle ... which they won't ... then Stagg will come on and tackle for 60 mins ... makes perfect sense to me

Berrigan is our best utility option ... can cover hooker, outside back, and even halves if need be ... also its possible that Ingliss might spend some time at fullback while Bowen comes up and plays a little hooker in attack

some of you dweebs have a lack of imagination

Queensland by plenty

hope Lewis gets to play, what a nuffy

Oink !

lockyno1 said:
Um...we have Thaiday and Webb on the bench. That is more than enough attacking players with good go forward, size, etc. The two in the starting lineup I would have picked probally. I went for Harrison instead of Scott BUT Scott deserves it. LL, if he wants to play Origin should play for a better side.

OK so nathan Hindmarsh should have no chance of making the NSW side because he doesn't play for a good side :sarcasm: just give up mate

All your really showing is that youve barley seen him play all year

Leagueguy

Juniors
Typical dazza62 bullsh*t. What was the political end they were seeking by choosing Hunt? I assume it was to prevent him defecting back to NZ in future, but if he really is as inept and sub-standard as you claim, then why bother? Why risk losing a Test match by choosing the 4th choice fullback (according to you), just to prevent NZ from claiming him in future. Frankly, it's quite ridicluous. Petty conspiracy theories are for the small-minded. Bowen had a few poorly-timed dud performances, Hunt had a few well-timed good performances. He deserved his spot for Australia and acquitted himself well. The Qld selectors have taken a different direction, it is not necessarily a vindication of the public outcry over Hunt's selection.

Well said, Hunt had recently declared again he wanted to play for Australia, so why were they so desperate to secure him? Also if they the have arrogance to say "we can afford to pick Hunt on purely political grounds and still win the game because were so dominant", then why aren't they arrogant about the future and not worried about one player who wants to represent NZ.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
And who is going to play dummyhalf if need be? Yeah i can just see Thaiday/Myles at dummy half :roll:
I am not a huge fan of Berrigan, but i can see why he is there. He can cover alot of positions on the park.

Stagg can play dummy half as good as Berrigan Saab. Hey I told you I would have had Bowen on the bench. He would have been my reserve no9 if needed.

lockyno1

Post Whore
waltzing Meninga said:
OK so nathan Hindmarsh should have no chance of making the side because he doesn't play for a good side :sarcasm: just give up mate

Hindmarsh plays for Parra and correct me if I am mistaken but they won the minor premiership last yr. Plus Hindmarsh has the runs on the board. In the end I agree with the backrow QLD have selected. They were all good choices.

lockyno1 said:
Hindmarsh plays for Parra and correct me if I am mistaken but they won the minor premiership last yr. Plus Hindmarsh has the runs on the board. In the end I agree with the backrow QLD have selected. They were all good choices.

Yep and last year the knights won the spoon - so Simpson should be considered no hope for NSW side.

And you were campaigning for Ashley Harrison in the second row who played for souths last year and the roosters this year - both behind the raiders on the ladder :lol: :lol: . your digging yourself a very large hole mate

waltzing Meninga said:
You might wanna check that champ. he said himself he is a queenslander

Indeed I checked it.

Livermore raised it with the ARL that Tom Learoyd-Lahrs wanted to play for Qld. The ARL had no objections.

Livermore also went on to say in the same article that NSW could claim him, but with all the other choices they have why should they.

That's the last I've heard of it, but if anyone else has something more recent post the URL.

Doesn't sound settled to me. Sounds like Qld could try to pick him and see if NSW object.

lockyno1

Post Whore
waltzing Meninga said:
Yep and last year the knights won the spoon - so Simpson should be considered no hope for NSW side.

And you were campaigning for Ashley Harrison in the second row who played for souths last year and the roosters this year - both behind the raiders on the ladder :lol: :lol: . your digging yourself a very large hole mate

Unlike LL both of those players have played REP footy before. They have the runs on the board. I am happy with the backrow we have selected. It is the best formula we could have gone for. We have Webby and Big Sam coming off the bench. Also allows us to start Webby if needed. Its a good backrow.

lockyno1 said:
Unlike LL both of those players have played REP footy before. They have the runs on the board. I am happy with the backrow we have selected. It is the best formula we could have gone for. We have Webby and Big Sam coming off the bench. Also allows us to start Webby if needed. Its a good backrow.

Righto locky, Ill wait until the NSW forwards trounce you guys and Ill come back and remind you how much you missed Tom LL

lockyno1

Post Whore
aqua_duck said:
Good to see the QLD selectors have as much faith in Karmichael as the aust selectors (not)

Well Karmichael would have been a better option than Bowen as a STARTING fullback. Bowen is very lucky and I'm thankfull Ingliss is there so after 10 stuff ups from Bowen he can be subbed off!:)

lockyno1

Post Whore
waltzing Meninga said:
Righto locky, Ill wait until the NSW forwards trounce you guys and Ill come back and remind you how much you missed Tom LL

If we will miss anyone it will be crocker. But then again Flannery should be back by game 2 shouldn't he?

bowen_1

Juniors
pffftt locky, you have absolutely no idea mate. Have you ever come across anyone that actually agrees with you?