What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD team for Game 2

Just reading through the NSW game 2 thread and their discussion about who should replace Tamou, the names they can throw around is ridiculous considering most of them would be walk up starters to this QLD side screaming for props.

Will a depleted talent source of forwards be the reason QLD finally gets beaten? Going over whats available:

Scott ANDERSON
Ben HANNANT
David SHILLINGTON
Ben ROSS
Nate MYLES
Matt SCOTT
Martin KENNEDY
Jacob LILLYMAN

Clearly theres issues for the remainder of the season and the next couple going by whats available. Still, the answer isn't to use Myles and Thaiday as props. Theres no room for all 3 of McQueen, Teo & Gillett.

It's kinda like a scenario where Thurston or Cronk got injured. The names you guys could throw up for replacements would be walk up starts for NSW.

I think the smile on Daleys face would be turned down at the corners after watching JT last night.

I think we will win game 2 & win it convincingly.
For the 2 reasons.Game 1 Jt was a passenger out there & it was basically 13 v12.

Secondly .QLD have far more room for improvement than NSW do .

Maroon4life

Juniors
I think the smile on Daleys face would be turned down at the corners after watching JT last night.

For the 2 reasons.Game 1 Jt was a passenger out there & it was basically 13 v12.

That's probably whats keeping Daley up at night. We were never really in the game but only lost by 8 points. Was probably the worst game I've seen from QLD since 2007.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Hmm, my QLD team:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Papalii
13. Parker

14. Hannant
15. Te'o
16. McQueen
17. DCE

isaiah

Bench
i think the small forward rotation played into daley's hands. we need to get back to 4 real props and win the yardage battle. scott, shillo, hannant, and one of either maguire, lillyman, kennedy or lawrence. leave out two of gillett, mcqueen, and harrison.

i'm still going with this, hope hannant runs into form v woods monday night

Hutty1986

Immortal

Haha oh dear, hope the maroons think the same way. Nsw can be much, much better and will be in the next two games. Plenty of pressure on qld now, life will be a lot tougher for jt against the Blues than it was against a woefully out of form dragons side last night.

Big Pete

Referee
1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Brent Tate
6. Jonathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Mat Scott
9. Cam Smith (c)
10. Nate Myles
11. Corey Parker
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Ash Harrison

14. David Shillington
15. Ben Hannant
16. Ben Te'o
17. Josh Papallii

andrew057

First Grade
Good looking team Pete. Its probably what they will go with, but dropping Harrison for Lillyman would be ideal.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Start with Shillington and have Lillyman and Hannant as the bench props.

Teo covers centres in the event of injuries to backs.

andrew057

First Grade
I'd be fine with that.

Which prop would you start with andrew?

Shillington. He has been offering little, so at least have him out there to take a battering early and then have Hannant and Lillyman come on to match NSW's punch off the bench.

Dazzat

First Grade
There's a time when loyalty becomes blind, and it's time the Queensland team said goodbye to Ash Harrison.

Yes, a great Queensland warrior, but the time comes for every player.

Josh Papalli, Dave Taylor and Josh Maguire have better claims on the Maroon jumper on current form. Make the call Mal.

icewind

Juniors
Yup.

Slater
Boyd
Inglis
Hodges
Tate
Thurston
Cronk
Scott
Smith
Shillington
Thaiday
Myles
Parker

Papalli
Lillyman
Hannant
Teo

Dazzat

First Grade
We have Parker, Smith and Myles who regularly clock up 35+ tackles per game.

We need some my metre eaters in the team. Harrison just doesn't bring that to the team.

Big Pete

Referee
Taylor is an utterly frustrating player.

I know they used the old 'looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane' adage for Carlaw but it typifies Taylor to a tee.

That and his decision to try and pick the ball up in the dead ball line instead of just grounding it...ridiculous!

Maroon4life

Juniors
Taylor's not an origin player, never was and may never be again. He needs to mature much more as a footballer under the right coach to be useful at origin level.

Shillington is not an origin player, too passive & has no presence on the field, he's only there because he's huge and you'd think he would be a good prop.

Wouldn't have an issue with replacing Shillington & Harrison with Lillyman & Papali.

I don't expect Mal to make any changes. He will give them a chance to redeem themselves after 3 weeks of media pressure and geeing themselves up after a crap game. We will know within the first 1-2 sets whether Mal's loyalty has worked on them though, if not it will be egg on his face with a sure defeat on home soil.

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Haha oh dear, hope the maroons think the same way. Nsw can be much, much better and will be in the next two games. Plenty of pressure on qld now, life will be a lot tougher for jt against the Blues than it was against a woefully out of form dragons side last night.

I agree. If anything, QLD fans should be thanking the dragons for playing JT into form.

Latest posts