What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD team for Game 2

andrew057

First Grade
Gotta do something. Tate and Hodges were ordinary IMO - only time your outside men were threatening was the Boyd try (Inglis could've done that from FB anyway)... and then Slater's break when it was all too late in the 76th minute.

lol Hodges was excellent last night. It was on the back of his dummy half running that Queensland got back into the game

DC_fan

Coach
Your team has become too old. In urgent need of some new young blood. Problem is where is the young players?

Noa

First Grade
Theres young players there, problem is most of them arent forwards,

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Subtle changes only.

Papalii's time has come and we need his aggression off the bench, McQueen to drop out for him. Parker showed why should have been the lock in place of Harrison. Eighty minutes in that position from him would be ideal.

The core of the team is fine and with a bit of luck anything could have happened last night. It just wasn't to be I'm afraid. A few things conspired against us, particularly injuries to Hannant and Thurston. The main criticism would be the lack of hunger and desperation, areas in which we were clearly beaten.

The criticism of the side and arrogance from south of the border will be the perfect ingredients to get some fire back in the belly. With this we can make our own luck and capitalise on a tiring NSW. They showed their hand last night and the cracks did appear.

A great challenge and I'm very confident of bouncing back strongly.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Subtle changes only.

Papalii's time has come and we need his aggression off the bench, McQueen to drop out for him. Parker showed why should have been the lock in place of Harrison. Eighty minutes in that position from him would be ideal.

The core of the team is fine and with a bit of luck anything could have happened last night. It just wasn't to be I'm afraid. A few things conspired against us, particularly injuries to Hannant and Thurston. The main criticism would be the lack of hunger and desperation, areas in which we were clearly beaten.

The criticism of the side and arrogance from south of the border will be the perfect ingredients to get some fire back in the belly. With this we can make our own luck and capitalise on a tiring NSW. They showed their hand last night and the cracks did appear.

A great challenge and I'm very confident of bouncing back strongly.

One of the funniest, most hypocritical things I have seen on here :lol::lol:

Hutty1986

Immortal
A good example for you is the thread in this forum titled "2013 is a foregone conclusion...".

Yeah but to be fair, who the f*ck started it? I'm assuming the BHP incarnate or some other mong-lord. We have nothing to be arrogant about, still another game to win yet.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Yeah but to be fair, who the f*ck started it? I'm assuming the BHP incarnate or some other mong-lord. We have nothing to be arrogant about, still another game to win yet.

Unfortunately for you you have a hefty proportion of such monglords.

The arrogance is there whether you feel that way or not.

I predict we'll see a thread soon saying the Aus team should be made up of roaches.

simostorm

Bench
Same team but add in Hannent if he's available. That's the best they can do. Players deserve a chance to respond. Billy gets smashed.. Qld bozos need to smash them back. They were soft.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Qld just aren't as fast anymore. Besides Inglis, the rest of the Qld backline would be slower than every NSW outside back. Wehn Slater made a break, they rounded him up with ease. Hayne, Jennings and Morris had him covered at all times.

Slater's form (and speed) has dropped off immensely IMO. I think his knee injury from last year is still giving him trouble and the fact he is 30 means he no longer has breakaway speed that can be maintained over a long distance.

I would fear a Qld side with Inglis at fullback and Barba roaming than the side that took the field last night. I would also replace Harrison with Parker and Pap's onto the bench.

Agree Slater has probably lost a yard but he has never been one of the true speedsters of the game- bit of a myth and one that actually devalues how good he is (was?) as a player imo

Maroon4life

Juniors
1 game doesn't take away everything this backline has done for the last 7 years. The forwards and their lack of aggression & yardage is what lost the game. Anyone calling for Slater or any other back's heads are kidding themselves, cant dazzle behind a beaten pack.

Realistically we will only see Hannant come in at the cost of Mcqueen, forcing Shillo to the bench. I'd personally like to see Parker moved to lock with Harrison forced out by Papali. This won't happen because Mal rarely likes to make changes but there is something to be said for letting the beaten guys respond.

But it has to be Harrison's last series.

JT_

Juniors
I don't understand why Harrison is still getting picked, he offers hardly anything these days.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Anyone calling for Slater or any other back's heads are kidding themselves, cant dazzle behind a beaten pack.

I don't see the need for Slater to be dropped, just moved to the wing. GI needs to be fullback - he's lethal there.

babyg

Juniors
Harrison to pasture. Papali in to target Gallen.
Parker to lock.

Shilington was dissapointing but we are short of props.
Rotate Inglis and slater during the game.
Thuston shouldnt have played. Would have been the perfect oppitunity to blood DCR

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You aren't short of props - Hannant is on his way back for Game II. You can afford to drop one.

isaiah

Bench
You aren't short of props - Hannant is on his way back for Game II. You can afford to drop one.

i think the small forward rotation played into daley's hands. we need to get back to 4 real props and win the yardage battle. scott, shillo, hannant, and one of either maguire, lillyman, kennedy or lawrence. leave out two of gillett, mcqueen, and harrison.

Maroon4life

Juniors
I don't see the need for Slater to be dropped, just moved to the wing. GI needs to be fullback - he's lethal there.

Why? We forgetting all of a sudden that up until early this year Slater is considered to be the best fullback in the world? The only reason i could think of putting GI to fullback would be to improve our kick return which is something the blues have focused on over the last 2 series, smashing Slater with each and every return, from the 2nd minute to the 79th. But taking him out of there and putting him on the wing would diminish alot of our attacking potential which has been crucial to our success. GI is the leading try scorer for SOO & he's done it playing in the centres feeding off JT when hes given room. A big change to the team structure isn't needed, just a better forward pack.

Amadaca

Juniors
It would be a mistake for QLD to remove Slater from fullback.

Naturally, I await their move with baited breath.