What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quade Cooper knocks back Parramatta Eels offer to switch to NRL and sticks with Union

sam54no

Juniors
Well a 1 year deal shows that he is almost certain to come to League in the future.
I've said it from the start that we should sign him from 2012 onwards. I hope we do so before another nrl club poaches him.

Sign him now:pray:

Gronk

Staff member
Memo Ozzie:

If you are lining up a marquee player to sign him this time next year, you'll need to remain an attractive proposition throughout the 2011 season. That means that you have to field a committed young side who give 100%, have a well respected coach and have a Board and back office that are free from controversy.

Best of luck, Gronk

El Diablo

Post Whore
Bronco's will def go after him to replace Lockyer

and he already lives in Queensland

no chance we'll ever get him

strider

Post Whore
Bronco's will def go after him to replace Lockyer

and he already lives in Queensland

no chance we'll ever get him

i wouldn't say no chance - but there's a sh*tload of water to pass under the bridge - and there's no guarantee he'll see us as his best option

Matta

Juniors
Quade Cooper said:
its was a serious offer that i looked at very seriously it was very close but having said that i have always loved playing rugby league and challenging myself at another sport is something that i would like to achieve. but right now my future is with rugby and concentrating on playing well and trying my best to win a world cup with the wallabies for australia

Inside camp Wallaby with Quade Cooper and James O’Connor

That says basically all I need to know.

Parra Guru

Coach
I think the fact that he took less money to stay for union pretty well eliminates that particular point?

What?

The Queensland attacking whiz has been the subject of a fierce cross-code bidding war, following the Eels' offer of $500,000 per season to play league.

But Cooper has opted to stay in rugby to compete in the World Cup with the Wallabies next year on a contract offer that could see him earn up to $600,000 per season.

Sorry I just think it's hilarious that now Parra are interested in a Union product, Rugby all of a sudden have no money to compete with according to some. As if the ARU would just lie down and let their first choice fly half switch codes on the eve of the World Cup.

As for Parra, well considering he's only signed for a year, we should target Orford for a season then throw another offer Quade's way.

Suitman

Post Whore
What?

Sorry I just think it's hilarious that now Parra are interested in a Union product, Rugby all of a sudden have no money to compete with according to some. As if the ARU would just lie down and let their first choice fly half switch codes on the eve of the World Cup.

If that's the case, they should be ashamed at their own arrogance as to what they offered him in the first place.
The stupid twats just cost themselves about 300 k's.
O'Neil is a turd imo.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
2012 will work out OK for us as Tahu's gazillion $ contract will be up and it will free up some more coin.

Parra Guru

Coach
If that's the case, they should be ashamed at their own arrogance as to what they offered him in the first place.
O'Neil is a turd imo.

Suity

The way they treat their own products leaves a lot to be desired. Always has.

boxhead

First Grade
Somehow I knew this was going to happen, admittedly it will work out better this way if he does come to us in 2012; this way he won't be distracted all year by the World Cup.

On a side note, I feel sorry for parra_pete.

SDM

First Grade
Somehow I knew this was going to happen, admittedly it will work out better this way if he does come to us in 2012; this way he won't be distracted all year by the World Cup.

Me too, I can't imagine a week in Hay, let alone a lifetime.

strider

Post Whore
O'Neil is a turd imo.

Suity
should we be ashamed every time a league player uses union to drive up their salary?

parra pete

Referee

Don't feel sorry for him. He's just a bloody goose anyway.:sarcasm:

parra pete

Referee
Me too, I can't imagine a week in Hay, let alone a lifetime.

Then, you don't know what you are missing out on...I came to Hay from Sydney aged 19...I like Sydney for a couple of days..but not any longer.
There are not too many better - or prouder - places than Hay in NSW.
Spend a week in Hay, meet the people and I'll bet you go away counting the days until you come back...

Latest posts