What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quade Cooper knocks back Parramatta Eels offer to switch to NRL and sticks with Union

SDM

First Grade
I googled Hay, and will spend my next holiday there to check out "Bishops Lodge Historic House" should be a good 3 weeks.

Suitman

Post Whore
I googled Hay, and will spend my next holiday there to check out "Bishops Lodge Historic House" should be a good 3 weeks.

I googled Hay and all I found was this..........

k0389893.jpg

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Just back on Cooper.

I think it was absolutely superb news today that he announced he is re-signing with the ARU.
Seriously, what 22 y.o. would only sign a one year contract for that sort of money?
A one year deal tells me either that he has definite future plans beyond that, or is going to test the waters again, when (and if) the new NRL TV deal has been arranged.
I'm actually more confident today than I was yesterday that Cooper will become an Eel in 2012. The only thing that scares me is if his manager starts to get in his ear. I don't trust managers.

Suity

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Just back on Cooper.

I think it was absolutely superb news today that he announced he is re-signing with the ARU.
Seriously, what 22 y.o. would only sign a one year contract for that sort of money?
A one year deal tells me either that he has definite future plans beyond that, or is going to test the waters again, when (and if) the new NRL TV deal has been arranged.
I'm actually more confident today than I was yesterday that Cooper will become an Eel in 2012. The only thing that scares me is if his manager starts to get in his ear. I don't trust managers.

Suity

If he has signed a letter of intent or a contract to join the Eels 2012 and if he does well in the World Cup & prior, he will earn at least 1 million per year from 3rd party deals as a superstar with huge pulling power. Both he & Jarryd Hayne together would score some massive deals promoting materialism and consumerism in one form or another.

lewiscook

Juniors
Just back on Cooper.

Suity

Why so confident suit?
I think it was either now or never for Parra tbh.
I reckon that when his contracts ends at the end of 2012 the broncs and titans will come lurking as lockyer and prince will be close to then end of there careers and its close to home for Quade.
All in all i believe he will end up at the Broncos and if not the titans.

boxhead

First Grade
Why so confident suit?
I think it was either now or never for Parra tbh.
I reckon that when his contracts ends at the end of 2012 the broncs and titans will come lurking as lockyer and prince will be close to then end of there careers and its close to home for Quade.
All in all i believe he will end up at the Broncos and if not the titans.

I doubt that lewiscook, he may end up at the Broncos but if they did that with their current crop of stars it would really raise a tonne of questions about them.....
As for the Titans, I think Princie is signed till the end of 2011, but he still has a couple of years left, no way they will get rid of him for an unproven half.....unless they really want a marketing tool.
Hey, we can tell them to take Quade Cooper, and we can have Scott Prince. Wanna know why? We'll have the second/third best halfback in rugby league, and they will have an unproven five-eighth (at RL level). I'd rather Princie anyday, but it won't happen.
Plus, QC is good mates with Jarryd, and that was the main draw for him in the first place (not the money), this is something neither Brisbane or the Titans have.

Hey guys, just realized that (I think) after the World Cup, Quade will most definitely sign with us. Why? You gotta think, he's smart for doing this, and the ARU you would expect won't care that much if he leaves after that, as long as they can try and lure him back for the next World Cup.

Last edited:

forward pass

Coach
Just back on Cooper.

Suity

There is no doubt that he thinks league is the better game. And there is no doubt he wants to test himself in it.

Forget the money - the one year deal means he is ONLY staying for the World cup. That always seemed to be the only thing stopping him.

strider

Post Whore
who knows what can happen in a year .... australia might magically win the world cup (or at least perform very well) and he'll get all keen to stay???

but yeah - you'd have to say he is at least keen to play league ..... but i fear the broncos will look a better option for him

hybrideel

Bench
Or the one year deal means he thinks over the next 12 months he will cement himself as the Wallabies No1 guy and get an even better deal after a good performance in next years super however many and the world cup

mrpwnd

Bench
Okay, so he'll probably come over in 2012...What happens with 2011 then? Just give up? Cross our fingers? Roll the dice?

parra pete

Referee
who knows what can happen in a year .... australia might magically win the world cup (or at least perform very well) and he'll get all keen to stay???

but yeah - you'd have to say he is at least keen to play league ..... but i fear the broncos will look a better option for him

AND what if he gets 'ingrown toenails'

MrT

Juniors
If we get Cooper for 2012, there is no need for an expensive halfback. Murray could do the job

1.Hayne
6.Cooper
7.Murray

I would like a better hooker replacement for Matt Keating. i can't see him getting re-signed

We chased every pensioner bar Luke Priddis, he's been great and could really mentor young Mitchell

a year is a long time in footy who knows what will happen between now and 2012 we might have found another halfback or no longer be able to afford him

Latest posts