What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quade Cooper knocks back Parramatta Eels offer to switch to NRL and sticks with Union

mrpwnd

Bench
It's amazing all those goof ups happened in the 1 game.
I'm sure he's matured since then though.

spiderdan

Bench
Let me think " a white Benji Marshall" === sign here please NOW, that would be a real coup. We tried a7 who could tackle , how about one who can kick and run.....
I remember when athletics australia had a white Carl Lewis (Damien marsh). We heard all the comparisons and how there was no reason he couldn't run a sub-10 100m. Long story short, white Carl ran a pb of around 10.13. Moral is don't get too caught up in comparing players as reasoning for why they will be successful. White benji does do some freaky things but does more dumb things and can't tackle to save himself (on a good day will make 50% of 8 attempts). I really don't think he is worth anywhere near the money he is being paid by the aru or the money our club was offering.

As for the comparison someone made to Mateo, Mateo may make a couple of mistakes in a game but will do more good than not. He also may miss 2-3 tackles a game but compared to Cooper isn't so bad when you consider he makes 25-30 each game.

Nuff said, neither are with us next season so here's hoping at least one of robson or our young halfs respond well to kearney's coaching and bring it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Valid points.

Your players like your Marshalls, your Coopers, your Tim Smiths of yesteryear...They all have that one thing in common: they sometimes stuff up or take the wrong option.

But most people are happy to accept it because they also have something else in common - they're fire-starters. They may make some errors here and there, but they can genuinely destroy oppositions when they turn it up.

And Robbie Deans himself said that he suspected that Cooper's defensive issues were mostly an attitude thing - it was not exactly uncommon news that Quade was a little bewildered by the ARU's treatment of him during their last contract negotiation (and fair enough, too - this is the kid they want to be the poster boy of Australian rugby), and he might not have been 100% focused. He has improved since then, and he's a solid lad - he'd be well able to hold his own in league IMO.

It's a pipe dream anyway - who knows if Kearney even wants him at Parramatta?

Gronk

Staff member
MUNDINE BECKONS COOPER

Australia's biggest rugby star, Quade Cooper, is about to dump his management group, IMG, but what he is going to do next will petrify the ARU. Many see Cooper as the key to Australia being a force in the World Cup, and if he succeeds there he'll be able to name his own price in rugby or league. Now here's the rub. Cooper is close mates with Anthony Mundine and Sonny Bill Williams and likes how they handle themselves. If Mundine and SBW have any say, Cooper will link with Team Mundine. Don't forget Cooper's last deal with the ARU was signed while Parramatta were trying to sign him to a deal worth $850,000. The ARU inched its way towards that but wanted him to sign a two-year deal. Cooper insisted on one, which is how Williams has operated in recent times - sign a one-year deal and back yourself. If Cooper joins Team Mundine, the rugby types will be in a lather but he will get the best possible deal.
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/queue-for-sonny-bill-starts-here-20101218-1918j.html

TheRam

Coach
What the hell are you talking about. I think you are running to conclusions. Who said I like Robson over someone like Cooper? All I said was that he can't tackle for sh*t. You and your other mate then made up the rest.

Latest posts