What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quade Cooper knocks back Parramatta Eels offer to switch to NRL and sticks with Union

well the length of the deal is still only speculative but the ARU would definitely be pushing for a 2 year deal, no doubt about it.
i heard at one stage they were thinking of offering him a 1 year deal to play in the world cup
call me crazy but i still have some hope, he was never going to sign with us until after the bledisloe cup he could sign with the aru today and despite it being 'expected', 'hoped' and 'assumed' he will re-sign with them it still hasnt happened

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
what has happened to Leon Bott?

think he was playing Union and got suspended after smashing Bob Hawke's relo

i remember after his first few games he declared himself a Blue as he was being talked up as a future Origin player

Last I heard he was playing first grade for Phil Blake's Manly side.

Delboy

First Grade
If the one thing to come from this , is that John O'Neill and the ARU have to spend more money from a diminishing pot , then there is some good in chasing QC.

The ARU are a bunch of self saluting pelicans in Australia

Avenger

Immortal
If the one thing to come from this , is that John O'Neill and the ARU have to spend more money from a diminishing pot , then there is some good in chasing QC.

The ARU are a bunch of self saluting pelicans in Australia

Maybe so but if I were Quade there is no way I would miss the World Cup. I would have done the same thing. League can wait until after the WC.

Maybe so but if I were Quade there is no way I would miss the World Cup. I would have done the same thing. League can wait until after the WC.

I am sorry but the "World Cup" next year is if we are being honest, a 3 week tour of New Zealand for the Wallabies to bow out in the Quarter Finals.

I can't see what is so alluring about the world cup. I think next Saturday will show where the wallabies are in terms of the power house that is New Zealand Rugby.

Avenger

Immortal
I am sorry but the "World Cup" next year is if we are being honest, a 3 week tour of New Zealand for the Wallabies to bow out in the Quarter Finals.

I can't see what is so alluring about the world cup. I think next Saturday will show where the wallabies are in terms of the power house that is New Zealand Rugby.

It still sh*ts on ours. However I hope he does come. I would deadset rather have QC then any one in the NRL. The exposure he would give to our club would be massive.

Parraren

Bench
First it was an anouncement today, now it's after the tri nations...

I know we're still a long shot but these articles don't tell us jack.

Just more speculation really...

sam54no

Juniors
As much as i would love to see him at Parra in 2011, i reckon he'd be silly to leave before the RWC. He'd be giving up everything he has worked for.

I reckon he'll come to league at some stage, and to make sure he come's to Parra we should sign him from 2012 onwards. We could build a team around Cooper and Hayne.

parra pete

Referee
See what the situation is after Quade Cooper get his Union goal against the All Blicks.
He is playing the ARU off the break..
I am still VERY CONFIDENT he has already been signed by the Eels...and more confident the longer the ARU delays the 'expected announcement' of his 'impending resigning'.

Delboy

First Grade
Avenger, so when Ivory Coast or Canada gets flogged 90-0 , it craps over the League World Cup, ummmmm.

All this stuff is about 2nd rate teams of ex university types playing against professional sides like the French and the All Blacks, bores me silly to be honest

Ratchy

Juniors
See what the situation is after Quade Cooper get his Union goal against the All Blicks.
He is playing the ARU off the break..
I am still VERY CONFIDENT he has already been signed by the Eels...and more confident the longer the ARU delays the 'expected announcement' of his 'impending resigning'.

And what gives you so much confidence Cooper has already signed?

Avenger

Immortal
Avenger, so when Ivory Coast or Canada gets flogged 90-0 , it craps over the League World Cup, ummmmm.

All this stuff is about 2nd rate teams of ex university types playing against professional sides like the French and the All Blacks, bores me silly to be honest

Don't get me wrong I'm no union convert. However it is a big deal for their players. Much bigger then ours.

Parra Guru

Coach

:lol: so you are saying New Zealand, who won their only RWC in 1987, are now the bench mark in terms of form for the next WC??

Just for the record, the Wallabies have appeared in 3 from 6 World Cup finals and won it twice. Given the history, it's probably just a little bit tempting to play in one if you're name is Quade Cooper.

I mean, I know people want him here, and so do I, but to down-play the importance of what is a fantastic tournament is just embarrassing.

Latest posts