What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quade Cooper knocks back Parramatta Eels offer to switch to NRL and sticks with Union

boxhead

First Grade
You know, despite petes assurances, i'm still pretty worried.
To me, it seems everything appears to be leaning towards union, plus there was that ozzie comment about QC staying in union.

VERY VERY WORRIED.

Oh well, Morts can't be THAT bad at halfback next year....can he...?

Don't worry, if the QC things falls through Morts won't be our halfback next year, IMO it will either be Murray or Humble (unless we sign someone else).

Stagger eel

Staff member
To me, it seems everything appears to be leaning towards union, plus there was that ozzie comment about QC staying in union.

VERY VERY WORRIED.

what are you worried about? him not comeing?

it's a sure bet he's not coming...

i love pete's enthusiasm. i can see it go ethier way really.
still he does come it's a big gamble for the amount of money he will be getting.

ParraAds

Juniors

VERY VERY WORRIED.

Of course he can't be that bad, his uncle was good 30 years ago so he's gonna be a star... :roll:

Swiftstylez

Bench
what are you worried about? him not comeing?

it's a sure bet he's not coming...
super-cool-story-bro.png

parra pete

Referee
Exclusive...Expect to read something along these lines next week

QUADE SHUNS WALLABIES IN CODE SWITCH

Quade Cooper has turned his back on the ARU and has signed a four year deal worth $2m with the Parramatta Eels.
His contract ensures he will be one of the highest paid players in Rugby League, but he said that 'money was not a determining factor' in his decision.
"I have achieved all I can in Rugby Union, and now I want to test myself in the Rugby League World" Cooper told the LeagueUnlimited forum.
"My very good friend, parra pete, was onto my decision early in the piece", he laughed

"He could read between the lines, and kept telling everyone, so the news was 'out there' but I kept making the official announcement secret until after the All Blacks match last weekend.
"I am looking forward to linking up with the Eels and forming a good partnership with Jarryd Hayne.
"The facilities at the Parramatta Club are fantastic, the Club has a good coach in Daniel Anderson, and I am sure that I will reward the Club's faith in me", Quade said
"I have made so many great friends in the Wallabies, and it was a hard decision to make.
"I conferred with (former Eel who was a team-mate in Reds) about the switch and he was very encouraging towards me.
"I wish the Wallabies and the Queensland Reds, 'All The Best', but it is time for me to move on, and I am relieved it has all been finalised" he concluded.
Cooper is expected to have his first training run with the Eels when the Club assembles early November to prepare for the 2011 season.
Cooper is expected to be invited to play in the Hay Magpies "Pie in the Sky" match at Hay Park Oval on March 5.
He told Magpie official he can get a ride to the town with Eels forum-ite Stagger Eel..

Source ---www.Soothsayervision.com.au

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
Petey, if you are correct, I will fall down on my knees and worship your awesomeness.
However, I still can't
SEE BETWEEN THE LINES! :shock:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parra Pete.....seriously.....

are you just messing with us, or is it likely that Quade Cooper will sign with Parramatta?
and if so, how do you know this or seem so confident about this?

he's not, Pete's just doing what he does best..

wind us up..

don't fall for it. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
well i had kinda figured that, but then something uneasy tells me there could still be a chance he's coming too?????? :oops:

I think the fact that it's not announced prior to saturdays game makes me think that O'Neill and the ARU want to mess with Parra and the NRL's head...

thats why I find it unusual that it hasn't been announced as yet.