What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Team

JJ

Immortal
Two jokes

1. the non-selection of Wesser - I realise that Qld have an abundance of fullbacks, but seriously he's the best at the moment, no question.
2. Mick Crocker...

Bomber

Bench
Cowboys play Friday night football straight after the Origin.

With five members of the backline involved in origin, and a sixth member out with injury, it will be interesting times for Graham Murray....

David Myles can play five-eighth or centre, whilst Brenton Bowen can play wing or fullback. Rod Jensen can play anywhere. The rest of the backline has me stuffed at the moment though.

GOOOOOOOOOO QUEENSLAND!

gaterooze

Bench
Crocker is there to light a fire under the forwards. He'll get the Blues riled up with his niggle and sledging, and in response the Maroons will heat up.

But I totally agree that Stagg or Nutley would have been better options. Or Stagg starting, with Nutley replacing Ross on the bench.

All in all though, a very good side. Should be a beauty of a series.

Azkatro

First Grade
I don't understand how people can rate Slater more highly in attack than Wesser. Both have scored 9 tries so far this year and Rhys leads the competition in metres gained.

I don't like Crocker. But without Tallis, he's the type of player QLD need. An enforcer who often goes over the top to fire up the troops. If they had picked Stagg, besides Webb off the bench, they wouldn't have had much "punch" (no pun intended...)

Pistol

Coach
Big Mick © said:
Wont be saying that when he concedes about 5-6 tries from lack of defence.

I will be happy when he scores 5 or 6 tries through his agility.

Pistol said:
I agree with Slater at fullback. Wesser just doesnt seem to be an Origin player.

They'll never know unless he get's a go.

I like the side but would have had Prince at 7.
I also would have had Stagg ahead of Crocker. Stagg looks made for origin.

Hurriflatch

Referee
If the match comes down to the bench QLD will win easy.

Watmough is the only NSW benchie who'd make QLD's bench

Routy21

Juniors
Nah mate, neutral. Slater sh*ts all over wesser. Wesser did nothing last series. He had his chance and blew it.

anjado

Juniors
no Slater does'nt sh*t on Wesser
it was proven in the penrith melbourne game earlier in the year
wesser totally out played him

Ghoulies

Bench
In a wierd way Wesser was unlucky to be picked last year. He was in poor form all year, and that form transferred over to Origin, leaving everyone with the idea that he wasn't good enough for Origin.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
As a blue I was hoping Wesser would be selected. Does anbody remember some of the handling mistakes he made last year?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Hurriflatch said:
If the match comes down to the bench QLD will win easy.

Watmough is the only NSW benchie who'd make QLD's bench
Wing would...easily. Bowen is dangerous but where does he fit in...hooker? It's really difficult to bring him into the match whereas Wingy is the best dummy half runner in the game and world class at centre, 5/8 and half.

Having said that, the QLD bench offers much more than NSW's in forward power. What makes NSW decision to have only 2 props all the more baffeling is that Ryles and Bailey are injury prone and not 80 minute players...particularly Ryles. If one goes down early, NSW are farked. I like the selection of Simpson but they had to have another prop instead of Ryan.

Munky

Coach
Wesser had a shocking season last year and was pciked for QLD on his 2003 form, this year he has been awesome.

Godz Illa

Coach
Munky said:
Wesser had a shocking season last year and was pciked for QLD on his 2003 form, this year he has been awesome.
I sense a pattern emerging. See Wesser in the maroon number 1 next year.

Raider_69

Post Whore
What would of been great is if Schif wasnt injured
he's form shate on slater and wesser's. Which means QLD would of been forced to either pick him or admitt they dont like him.

Latest posts