What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland - the TRUE MYTH

lockyrulz

Juniors
I certainly don't think it's a win when so much pressure comes from north to decimate Sydney.

So is it 'decimating Sydney' when you state you don't have a problem with mergers? You really do go on with some moronic sh*te.

Let me simplify it for you.

League is well supported in both QLD and NSW.

Qld has a profitable league structure. NSW doesn't

NSW needs a profitable league structure for the good of the game. This will require a reduction of teams from Sydney in the NRL.

You can drone on with your ye olde bullsh*t all day, this is reality. So you can wank on about SL, Murdoch, evil QLDers, total stats, it makes no difference to this reality. Just ask the Cronulla board.

Your bullsh*t doesn't pay bills which is a pity because if it did you could single handedly end the global financial crisis.

It isn't QLD's that have caused this scenario it is NSWelshman who don't go to enough of their clubs games to make them profitable. Ironically, by arguing the strength of league in NSW, you are bolstering the argument that there are way too many teams in Sydney as opposed to any apathy to league itself.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Yes, you're a troll.

We understand.

f**k off and let people argue the actual points.

Hey, nuffy. I have actually raised several points, and you cockroaches have varied your responses from pseudo-mathematics ("equal averages") to simple abuse.

You have fallen into the latter category.

I am waiting for any of you southerners to explain how last night's crowd was bad or how the Broncos average is bad. You all state that it is so but cannot coherently explain why.

KHunt

Juniors
One thing I've never understood is, on the Sunday Roast, Voss, MG, Johns and Gould all say its becoming the heartland.. are they being forced to say so? How come they never bring up its 9 Sydney teams vs 1 Brisbane team?

The way the Broncos and Gallop treat the Brisbane area is disgraceful. The Broncos think they own the city and no one is allowed to take their huge monopoly. Broncos didn't even want Gold Coast to have their own team. When Brisbane alone could support 3-4 of its own teams. The Broncos are slowly killing RL, again.

So Sydney averages 139757 per game does it ? I don't think so.

Do you realise because Sydney has so many teams it is costing the NRL money because not only are the crowds watered down but the TV ratings would be watered down too.

But I do agree. You can't just go chopping and cutting teams. It'll hurt the game. So we are basically in a rut. I do think losing Cronulla wouldn't have the least impact on the Sydney market so we should just do it.

People hated my sydney solution, but its not so 'dumb' in the light of cold hard facts.

Fact: my sydney solution was an excercise, nothing more.

Fact: Sydney clubs do need more money, but alienating people is not the answer.

Its possible that a reduction of sydney clubs over time will have a major positive effect on sydney league.

You people find it hard to get out of your comfort zone, but i can gaurantee you, not everyone goes to the game to wear a historical jersey....some people actually go because they like to watch rl.

IF you want to strengthen sydney and stop clubs going under, then you need to strengthen the resource pool down there, and that means less teams taking from it.

The only way out of a rut is to fight.

It's the old chestnut of alienating your core market in the vain effort to get new viewers. The sacrifice, in Sydney's case won't be worth it.

We can probably afford to lose a max 1-2 teams, Cronulla the obvious choice. After that, you're eating away at your core market and that will cost the game far more than the supposedly poor following Sydney clubs have at the moment.

Nonsense, surely.

Very vague reprsentation of the situation.

Not everyone goes to the game to wear an old jersey and go "ahhh...feels good being here in a 100 year old jersey.....oh...wow....they are throwing a ball around out there....not interested.....just like being here....with my jersey on".

Mate, people go because they like league.

If a sydney rationalisation, mergers, moves, otherwise, was to happen over a many year period of time, nothing would be lost. People like rugby league....

the trick is to not p!ss off any fans, like what happened to norths for instance, getting shafted.....i think you will find that people who actually enjoy the game, will watch the game thats providing the enjoyment. People are not like birds, who have just one life-partner....

an analogy, humans are promiscuous s**ts, for want of better terms, they go where the action is.

They will easily be made to care again....remember the trick is not to p.o them.

KHunt

Juniors
Lets merge the Broncos and the Gold Coast so we can get even bigger crowds. Merge Cronulla with Sutherland and Manly with Warringah. Merge Poor boy with locky.

I attend 30+ games a year in Sydney and very rarely do I encounter any problems along those lines...

Pal, its like you are rooting a fat girl,

up here in sunny qld, its blondes and boob jobs.

I have read your arguments.

And fair go, Look, if you are happy with attending 30 games a year, along with often under 15,000 fans...in often sub standard stadia, then more power to you.

You are a true league hero.

But i must apologise to you, because as great a guy as you are, the teams in nsw are going broke; and its more than just one. The crowds on tv look atrocious. Sydney RL, and often the nrl in general, is the butt of jokes concerning its crowds. Clubs are appealing for more support but its just not there.

Face it, sydney league needs more people like you. Its in turmoil. There are too many teams.

_______

To the world cup jibe guy about the crowd.....

man, you would not understand, being from nsw....they said the final was a sellout.

Ok....let me go over it.....sell (they sell tickets) out (they run out of them to sell)

Sell out.

Lets do some word association.

RL world cup final. Sell out

Now in a sentence. : The rl world cup final in 2008 was a sellout.

_____

Now no offence here, but you people claim qld sux and nsw is the greatest?

WHO CARES!?

One thing sydney does need to improve upon NO MATTER HOW MANY AGGREATELY ATTEND....is your game day experience.

Its pathetic compared to the 30-35k average at a ground like Suncorp stadium. You cant beat that. Dont even try to say you can right now.

Lets merge the Broncos and the Gold Coast so we can get even bigger crowds. Merge Cronulla with Sutherland and Manly with Warringah. Merge Poor boy with locky.

Believe me, I don't want to make a monkey out of you. Why should I take all the credit?​

You better be careful, dont want your brains to go to your head.​

We have a saying in our office. People say that you are the perfect idiot. I say that you are not perfect but you are doing all right!​

Mate we have a suncorp stadium membership round here. Your grass hills and mud pools, decaying stands, and laughable amenities are nothing to us....they dont compare....your game day experience is not in the same league as ours.​

QLD urges you to get better. Here we hope.​

QLD the true heart of league. Not jealous at all...​

lockyrulz

Juniors
One thing I've never understood is, on the Sunday Roast, Voss, MG, Johns and Gould all say its becoming the heartland.. are they being forced to say so? How come they never bring up its 9 Sydney teams vs 1 Brisbane team?

The way the Broncos and Gallop treat the Brisbane area is disgraceful. The Broncos think they own the city and no one is allowed to take their huge monopoly. Broncos didn't even want Gold Coast to have their own team. When Brisbane alone could support 3-4 of its own teams. The Broncos are slowly killing RL, again.

One thing I can never understand is why you call yourself a broncos supporter yet do nothing but bag them.

I think we should merge you with loudstrat, although I wouldn't be surprised if you are some tard sub account of his tbh.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The World Cup final was a sell-out?

2,500 short of capacity is not a sell-out. Nor is it a "sell-out" when as one NSWer attested, he was able to buy tickets AT THE GROUND.

Jason Maher

Immortal
PBB and SIA have to be two of the most pretentious, arrogant pricks I've seen on any forum anywhere. They both love dropping hints they are qualified academics and therefore more qualified to comment on rugby league than the rest of us. PBB also loves to give psuedo-psychological advice to others, usually when he is losing an argument. Recently SIA has been dropping hints he is a qualified statistician. Pity he is trying to compare an average for 1 team over 12 games in a monopolistic marketplace with an average for 9.5 teams over ~120 games in a competitive marketplace. He can chip away at others using incorrect statistical terms all he likes, but he's still comparing what are ultimately non-comparable data sets. No matter how correct he is with his terminology and how deep his knowledge of statistical theory (which I suspect is not very deep based on his need to play up to it at every opportunity), he is still full of sh*t because his analysis is f**ked from the first step.

Seriously, there are very few things more annoying (or just plain sad) than someone trying to pretend to be everyone else's intellectual superior on an internet forum. Put the two f**kers in a room and let them sort out which one is the smartest cookie, and the rest of us can get on with cheering for our team.

KHunt

Juniors
One thing I can never understand is why you call yourself a broncos supporter yet do nothing but bag them.

I think we should merge you with loudstrat, although I wouldn't be surprised if you are some tard sub account of his tbh.

I support them.
Doesn't me I am going to be one eyed bias Queenslander saying a one team city has better crowds than Sydney when it clearly doesn't. Or Bruno Cullen is a selfish twat.

lockyrulz

Juniors
I support them.
Doesn't me I am going to be one eyed bias Queenslander saying a one team city has better crowds than Sydney when it clearly doesn't. Or Bruno Cullen is a selfish twat.

bullsh*t you do.

You are just a tard of the highest order. I can't recall you posting anything even remotely intelligent let alone supportive of your team, quite the opposite, on both accounts.

Quit whilst your 100 yards behind.

Sam I Am

Juniors
PBB and SIA have to be two of the most pretentious, arrogant pricks I've seen on any forum anywhere. They both love dropping hints they are qualified academics and therefore more qualified to comment on rugby league than the rest of us. PBB also loves to give psuedo-psychological advice to others, usually when he is losing an argument. Recently SIA has been dropping hints he is a qualified statistician.

I have said nothing of the sort. Indeed, one hardly needs to be a statistician to realise that Timmah's "equal averages" is complete nonsense. One only needs to have passed, say, Year 10 Maths. Why don't you ask Timmah if he has done so yet.

It is all very good to make up terms like "equal averages" to try and win an argument, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything. I could just as easily say that Brisbane crowds are "six weighted deviations reduced in advance". Means exactly the same as Timmah's term - nothing!

No matter how correct he is with his terminology and how deep his knowledge of statistical theory (which I suspect is not very deep based on his need to play up to it at every opportunity), he is still full of sh*t because his analysis is f**ked from the first step.
I think I have mentioned it twice, in response to others using statistics incorrectly. Hardly making claims about myself.

As for my analysis, each time I offer some, it is ignored by the likes of yourself who prefer abuse.

Seriously, there are very few things more annoying (or just plain sad) than someone trying to pretend to be everyone else's intellectual superior on an internet forum. Put the two f**kers in a room and let them sort out which one is the smartest cookie, and the rest of us can get on with cheering for our team.
See above. Not making any claims, rather correcting patently false ones.

At least you would be cheering for a team in the above scenario. Most southerners can't be bothered getting out to do so...

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
bullsh*t you do.

You are just a tard of the highest order. I can't recall you posting anything even remotely intelligent let alone supportive of your team, quite the opposite, on both accounts.

Quit whilst your 100 yards behind.

Sorry cutie. You must now make an application to lockyrulz before being able to call yourself a Broncos supporter. I don't see him approving your application, perhaps you might like to check out our little red and white team? I promise I can get you past our gatekeeper. :D:p

Jason Maher

Immortal
At least you would be cheering for a team in the above scenario. Most southerners can't be bothered getting out to do so...

Foot, meet mouth. A fair few more southerners get out to watch their team, as the OP demonstrated. If you're going choose that phrasing, then aggregate statistics are perfectly valid.

Jason Maher

Immortal
You are welcome to him, he can tard it up with the rest of you.

Stop using the word tard/genius as an insult. You're insulting all those who have to live with some form of mental geniusation by using it as a derogatory term (not that it is the term used these days). The common use of the word spastic in the same way is equally offensive for the same reason.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Stop using the word tard/genius as an insult. You're insulting all those who have to live with some form of mental geniusation by using it as a derogatory term (not that it is the term used these days). The common use of the word spastic in the same way is equally offensive for the same reason.

Sorry, I should be more sensitive to people in your special situation.

I apologise.