What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland - the TRUE MYTH

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As opposed to yourself who only uses stats which favour your agenda? :?

Loudstrat

Coach
Funny, it's only the Queenslanders who whinge at the integrity of the stats. Don't say why, or explain how they are wrong. Just whinge.

12 game a year. That's what this boils down to. Brisbane can only support 12 games per year. There was a side that cam along and offered another 12 once. The response almost killed the game.

Face it - Brisbane is a part time Rugby League town.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Funny, it's only the Queenslanders who whinge at the integrity of the stats. Don't say why, or explain how they are wrong. Just whinge.

I stated openly half a dozen times that there is no such thing as "equal averages". Timmah (aka Flaccid) and the rest of the southerners have steadfastly ignored this criticism for the last 24 hours.

Instead, you mob just abuse. So be it. I guess that is the cloth you are cut from.

Sam I Am

Juniors

Pisspoor.

What any team based in Sydney wouldn't give to have a crowd that you describe as "pisspoor". :roll:

Call me when Brisbane has to started relocating games because they are scared of a sub-5000 crowd. :lol:

Roosters --> Gosford
Cronulla --> Adelaide

Etc, etc.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
What any team based in Sydney wouldn't give to have a crowd that you describe as "pisspoor". :roll:

Call me when Brisbane has to started relocating games because they are scared of a sub-5000 crowd. :lol:

Roosters --> Gosford
Cronulla --> Adelaide

Etc, etc.

One team City, goose. Can't even beat Manly...

Loudstrat

Coach
I never mentioned equal averages in the original post.

You hqvent explained where the stats are wrong.

You havent explained why Sydneysiders attend almiost twice qs often as Brisbanites.

You havent explained why Brisbane only has 12 games a year

You also haven't explained why you don't pik on Canberra, Auckland, Melbourne etc for their crowds - which are all in the Sydney zone.

Nor have you explained why Sydney AND MELBOURNE have all posted Origin crowds over 80k, and Brisbane bareley gets a shade over half of that.

Timmah

Staff member
When was the last time the NRL had a sub-5k crowd? Hell, sub 6k crowd? FMD you're clutching at straws.

Better yet, you think excuses are good for the goose but not for the gander, so to speak. Raving imbecile.

Sam I Am

Juniors
I never mentioned equal averages in the original post.

Hey nimrod. Timmah mentioned it, and that is what I referred to. Keep up.

You hqvent explained where the stats are wrong.

The stats aren't wrong. They clearly show that Brisbane gets bigger crowds.

You havent explained why Sydneysiders attend almiost twice qs often as Brisbanites.

Can you point me to the source that shows how many games of league people in Brisbane or Sydney attend? I have never seen this statistic published anywhere.

You havent explained why Brisbane only has 12 games a year

Do you need the draw explained. Well, each team gets 12 home games. When a team is frightened that it can't draw a crowd, they relocate their games to Gosford, Adelaide, etc.

You also haven't explained why you don't pik on Canberra, Auckland, Melbourne etc for their crowds - which are all in the Sydney zone.

Do you want me to give an explanation for every topic that I don't write about. For example, I haven't written a review of The Great Gatsby. Want to know why?

Nor have you explained why Sydney AND MELBOURNE have all posted Origin crowds over 80k, and Brisbane bareley gets a shade over half of that.

Gees. I can't think why Brisbane doesn't get 80000 to an Origin. Do you have any ideas?:roll:

Sam I Am

Juniors
When was the last time the NRL had a sub-5k crowd? Hell, sub 6k crowd? FMD you're clutching at straws.

In Brisbane? Never. There has never been a sub-6000 NRL crowd. In Sydney? Have a look through the crowd threads. You'll find them every now and then under the plethora of pathetic 8000 turnouts.

Better yet, you think excuses are good for the goose but not for the gander, so to speak. Raving imbecile.

You going to keep using my phrases? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I suppose, Flaccid.

Timmah

Staff member
So really, what you're saying is that you have no answer to that? :lol:

Queensland? Wasteland.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

8k @ Suncorp for the Bulldogs and Cowboys last year.

Queensland. Wasteland.

Where else?

In Brisbane? Never. There has never been a sub-6000 NRL crowd. In Sydney? Have a look through the crowd threads. You'll find them every now and then under the plethora of pathetic 8000 turnouts.

1999 - 3,382.

Never?

ahh, T-Ba beat me to it. lol

f**king hell, this guy is worse than AFL fans...

KHunt

Juniors
27k for a one team city in Brisbane with a population of 2million on a Sunday Arvo which is when Broncos supposedly want their games is disgraceful. Please give Brisbane a second team.

lockyrulz

Juniors
You would have had one a lot sooner of the comp didn't perpetually have to carry 9 teams in Sydney.

As it is one will and should come so relax dumb arse.