What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland - the TRUE MYTH

Apey

Staff member
It's a state total.

No team gets more than the Broncos. However, and thankfully everyone else has realised except you, this is comparing states seeing as a lot of QLDers seem to be so intent on doing so.

Sam I Am

Juniors
It's a state total.

No team gets more than the Broncos. However, and thankfully everyone else has realised except you, this is comparing states seeing as a lot of QLDers seem to be so intent on doing so.

Obviously the poster that I was responding factually to did not realise this.

Let's compare states:

• NSW = poor attendance at internationals. QLD = better.
  • NSW = can't sell out an Origin. QLD = always sells out Origin. VIC = sell out Origin. :lol:
  • NSW = poor club attendances. QLD = good club attendances
  • NSW = can't sell out grand final. QLD = wait and see in 2012 ;-)
Which one of these (other than maybe the 2012 jibe) is wrong?

KHunt

Juniors
bullsh*t you do.

You are just a tard of the highest order. I can't recall you posting anything even remotely intelligent let alone supportive of your team, quite the opposite, on both accounts.

Quit whilst your 100 yards behind.

buullsh*t your a queenslander

you are a doucher of kingdom kong. Your a newcastle fan, which last time i checkked was in nsw therefore you support nsw rugby league oink oink oink !

[/lockyrulz]

Sam I Am

Juniors
Still doesn't change the fact last Origin game in QLD had 52k and the last Origin game in NSW had 78k.

Fact: Lang Park has been sold out for every Origin played there since redevelopment. Tickets go in minutes.

Fact: ANZ (Sydney) has not sold out for a single Origin since 2005.

Fact: Telstra Dome (Melbourne) sold out for the Origin played there.

What will Sydney do this year? Probably more of the same. If you can't fill up the big stadium for the Origin and the Grand Final, something is very wrong.

Fact: Lang Park has been sold out for every Origin played there since redevelopment. Tickets go in minutes.

Fact: ANZ (Sydney) has not sold out for a single Origin since 2005.

Fact: Telstra Dome (Melbourne) sold out for the Origin played there.

What will Sydney do this year? Probably more of the same. If you can't fill up the big stadium for the Origin and the Grand Final, something is very wrong.

And here I was thinking crowd numbers is the only thing Queenslanders gave a sh*t about.

Oh and if you can't see the positive of 80,000 people at the ground enjoying every moment showing Rugby League in this country is still great and alive, and only complaining about the tiny negatives, there is something wrong with you.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Generalised comments that Southerners don't get out to support their sides are ridiculous. 600k+ have watched games in NSW this year, compared to 300k QLDers. How is that "less southerners"? :-k

Apey

Staff member
Generalised comments that Southerners don't get out to support their sides are ridiculous. 600k+ have watched games in NSW this year, compared to 300k QLDers. How is that "less southerners"? :-k

They like to try and change it up and suit their agenda by saying 'each game'.

Timmah

Staff member
Talk about piss-poor attempts at research before making comment... There are still plenty of tickets available to Etihad Stadium on June 3.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Oh and if you can't see the positive of 80,000 people at the ground enjoying every moment showing Rugby League in this country is still great and alive, and only complaining about the tiny negatives, there is something wrong with you.

You cockroaches are unbelievable. The reason I entered this thread was because New South Welshmen, of all things, were bagging a strong crowd in Brisbane!

Can't have it both ways, boys.

Sam I Am

Juniors

Still can't actually respond to points that have been made, hey Flaccid?

Timmah

Staff member
You haven't made points and you continue to ignore ones we've made to counter your arguments. You're nothing more than an ignorant troll now.

Sam I Am

Juniors
You haven't made points and you continue to ignore ones we've made to counter your arguments. You're nothing more than an ignorant troll now.

Flaccid, I have responded precisely to your arguments, point out where they were wrong. You, on the other hand Mr "Equal Averages", have responded to none of my points.

That would be, of course, because you've got nothing.

I even numbered them 1 to 4 for you. Of course, since numbers aren't your strong point I am hardly surprise that you couldn't respond.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Talk about piss-poor attempts at research before making comment... There are still plenty of tickets available to Etihad Stadium on June 3.

Looks like you have a problem with reading and writing, as well as numeracy. You clearly didn't notice that each statement was in past tense. Ask your Year Six teacher about it tomorrow. She will explain it for you. Hopefully with little words.

You cockroaches are unbelievable. The reason I entered this thread was because New South Welshmen, of all things, were bagging a strong crowd in Brisbane!

Can't have it both ways, boys.

I'm only talking about it now. I never bagged a Brisbane crowd.

Didgi

Hows this for stats?

Brisbane popn: 1945639 (ABS)
Average home crowds per game for all clubs: 2008 - 33426
That is - one person attending the game per 58.2 residents.

Sydney popn 4399722 (ABS)
Average home crowds per game for all clubs: 2008 - 139757
That is - one person attending the game per 31.4 residents.

This is proof that Sydneysides are almost TWICE AS LIKELY to attend NRL games as Brisbaneites. :lol:

Brisbane only hosts 12 games a year. Even including semi finals and rep games, they only host the same number of games as Melbourne.

If Brisbane is RL heartland, they need a triple bypass.

Onya Sydney! Propping up Rugby League for 101 years, and counting! :clap::clap:

What a way to completely f**k up the stats...

:lol: lol Brisbane