What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland - the TRUE MYTH

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors

Lastly would you look there... that top four in the home average chart... two NSW teams and one QLD team.

That is a promising turnaround... (esp Dogs and Roosters. I really hope they keep it up and become the 2 dominating and thus surviving teams in sydney) but it may be a little to early to judge, maybe its best to look at the last complete season...and the top for attendances were Brisbane Gold Coast Newcastle and N QLD. I suppose sydney can claim Newcastle as their own.....

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Brutus, they've had a bloody ordinary trot with weather too to be fair, it pissed down yesterday morning before the game (plus it was Mothers Day), last week they still drew 18,000 (looked like capacity tbh) despite the fierce electrical storm which came from nowhere at halftime. Their only inexplicable crowd was R4 vs Manly. Don't understand that one.

Sam I'm Not said:
Naturally, despite my detailed response, you will simply claim that I have read none of it etc, etc. Flaccid.
:? You didn't read it in full. You've cut and paste those which you wanted to respond to and ignored those you wished to omit, as their figures didn't suit your agenda.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Would some Queenslander please answer this for me: how big would Sydney crowds have to be (on average) to not be classified as too low, pathtetic, Sydneysiders not supporting their team etc etc? What is the figure, and on what basis do you set that particular figure?

Yes, pity Brisbane cannot sustain more than 12 games per season, when Sydney, with a shade over 2x the population, has 9x more games.

Sydneysiders are willing to get behind their teams - at almost twice the rate as Brisbanites. :lol:

are you always so stupid, or is today a special occasion?

Would some Queenslander please answer this for me: how big would Sydney crowds have to be (on average) to not be classified as too low, pathtetic, Sydneysiders not supporting their team etc etc? What is the figure, and on what basis do you set that particular figure?

Mate, at least you have intelligence.

Thankyou for the question.

Its not a thing about aggregates between the cities.

What really matters is the attendence at individual games. And i am not saying this because the broncos average 30k and no other team does....its not as simple as that. The crowds at individual games matter, not agregates because the individuals at the games experience only the game they are at...

i mean who here really gets a 'buzz' when you hear the total agregate for the round was 50k higher in sydney....lol....thats pretty pathetic. plus no one has multi-dimensional experiences across nrl grounds....

In my opinion sydney would need to average 25-35,000 per game each for atmosphere, respectability and profitability purposes.

My whole thing about less sydney teams (over time, not tommorow) is that the whole 25-35k thing is possible, but not for everyone perhaps, and even if that was the case, the time and effort/money spent to do it would be enormously inefficient for the state of nsw and the teams of nsw....its money better spent elsewhere on development, etc.

But it's Rugby League heartland! They're clamouring to go to every game of RL They can get their hands on! No apathy whatsoever!

I don't give a f**k how many in Sydney. I give a f**k that you do NO research whatsoever...

instead of setting your goals in life to being how to attack and destroy a persons argument on this forum, how about you make your goal in life to be happy AND earning 100k a year within 2 decades?

:crazy:

i mention this because some of you

NEED TOO GET A LIFEE!

instead of setting your goals in life to being how to attack and destroy a persons argument on this forum, how about you make your goal in life to be happy AND earning 100k a year within 2 decades?

:crazy:

i mention this because some of you

NEED TOO GET A LIFEE!

lol

FFS, if you're going to give up, try to do it with a modicum of style..

Sam I Am

Juniors

I would be happy as a start if there were no sub-10000 crowds. Once we had made it over that hurdle, I think we should aim for a competition-wide 20000 average. That would be an achievement. We need to break out of the mid-teens.

Sam I Am

Juniors
:? You didn't read it in full. You've cut and paste those which you wanted to respond to and ignored those you wished to omit, as their figures didn't suit your agenda.

Flaccid, I have read it in full. I am not going to comment on every line of your rant, but rest assured, everything else you post backs me up 100%.

By the way, it is amusing that this annoys you. Not least of all because I laid out four points for you to answer two days ago, and you just responded with abuse instead of debate. I remember a psychologist once observing that people often hate in others what they subconsciously perceive as their own shortcomings. Perhaps you could ponder on that, Flaccid.

Sam I Am

Juniors

Furthermore, Flaccid, I note that you didn't respond to any of the points I made, and instead had this little one liner! :lol:

Of COURSE Sydney is still league heartland. I don't care what any other Qlder says, the fact remains that they get HUGE amounts of bums on seats down there.

What a lot of people then need to realise is that, although twice the amount of people attend games, those figures are being spread between NINE times the amount of teams. That's when we get into the nitty gritty nasty details of it all. If there wasn't so much history attached to the clubs there, Sydney would be better served having 4-5 teams who could all draw 25,000-30,000 most weekends and might have the ability to keep their head afloat.

100% agreed. I have no yearning desire to see the Grand Final ever be moved away from sydney, because sydney is the home of Rugby League.

My problem is, Sydney has too many clubs. If sydney had 5 or so teams, they would get awesome crowds every week. which is what i want to see, not 9 clubs with only 1 or sometimes 2 getting crowds that come close to matching queenslands clubs.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Finally, some Queenslanders without a complex!

And here is what your sensible Queenslander said, Flaccid:

My problem is, Sydney has too many clubs. If sydney had 5 or so teams, they would get awesome crowds every week. which is what i want to see,...

Couldn't agree more.

Looks like, amongst all of your confused rambling, obscene abuse and innumerate attempts at mathematics, you actually agree with me.

Latest posts