What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland - the TRUE MYTH

lockyrulz

Juniors
So how come so many sydney clubs are broke and can't fill an nrl game.

Oh that's right, because you have too many Sydney teams in the national comp. Let us know when your tiny brain accepts this obvious concept.

Loudstrat

Coach
No Sydney clubs are broke.

You have too few teams in the comp. Or you are not really interested in league compared to AFL, soccer, inbreeding etc.

lockyrulz

Juniors
No Sydney clubs are broke.

Keep stringing Nero.

You have too few teams in the comp. Or you are not really interested in league compared to AFL, soccer, inbreeding etc.

Compared? That would mean that crowds for those sports would exceed leagues, they don't.

I'm confused, if inbreeding is such a qld problem why am I so much smarter than you? Were you dropped mulitple times? I would have thought all the hairs on your parents palms would have given them better traction.

_Johnsy

Referee
Brisbane, as the epicentre of the rugby league universe, with a population of close to 2 million, could surely support 3 more teams. Or is that expecting too much from Brisbanites.

lockyrulz

Juniors
LOL Do you clowns even think before you write this drivel?

None of us know whether they could or couldn't until they are granted a license and their crowd figures can be assessed. It is the NRL that will determine how many extra brisbane/QLd teams are grnated licenses not the people of brisbane spastic.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Loudstat your whole assumption is flawed because you are assuming all 1.9 mil brisbaneites are broncos fans.

Stop clinging to some false hope that the sport in your state is in good shape. Its not.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah what the hell? Is this a typo or something?

It seems obvious to me that Brisbane alone averages more per game than anybody else and Brisbane has a smaller population that Sydney so how can the game average go in a combined Sydney's favour?

Even without the figures we can all assume that the Average home crowd in Brisbane is around 30k and the Average in Sydney is around 20k at best. Whatever figures OP is using suck. I see your point in saying that that many MORE people go to games in Sydney but there is only like one game a weekend in Brisbane at best as opposed to sometimes 4 or maybe even 5 in Sydney. I reckon if there was a South Brisbane team it wouldn't dint the Suncorp figures at all and would probably get the same if not slightly less crowd figures.

You clearly don't understand the concept of equal averages.

3 clubs averaging between 20 and 30k per game is not a fair comparison to 8 clubs average 15 to 20k per game. While LS's figure is probably not the best way to convey the point, the bottom line is that FAR MORE PEOPLE ATTEND RUGBY LEAGUE IN NEW SOUTH WALES.

So far in 2009 for example (and if you're including NQ we'll include Newcastle and Canberra):

New South Wales - 660,259

Queensland - 305,035

Those statistics alone very simply and easily prove where league's heart is. If you would suggest for one moment that Queensland would usher the same amount of support with that many teams then you're clearly delusional.

Timmah

Staff member
Explain to me why you can't sell out a World Cup Final.

I'll reply and say i dont care. Sydney has 9 teams and regularly dwarfs the Qld crowd figures, week after week, year after year. We have over a hundred thousand turning up week after week. Having a look at the crowds of the old BRL, there's no chance in hell you can compete with Sydney, ever.
Go right ahead and create Superleague 2 ... you can be assured that you wont be invited back again after Sydney kicks your arse in the TV ratings, like it did back in the Superleague days ... You got owned back then ,,, hahah sif anyone would care about Qld, Adelaide,Perth, NZ, Canberra, Hunter, plus 3 gay sydney clubs in the Disgusting Dogs, Sharks and Penriff ... up against the real sydney clubs in the ARL comp, YOU GOT BUTCHERED in the TV ratings. That frog-mouthed turd Lachlan came crawling back.

Go ahead, do it all again and see whats coming :lol:

give me a break, mate!

forget your comparisons for one second.

Lets talk about match day experience. Thats what its truly about.

At least I know when I attend a game in qld, i have a great stadium and a big crowd, great atmosphere, easy transport, etc, etc.

And i've been to sydney stadia too, dont you worry about that.

Timmah

Staff member
Thank God there's only 100 to go of that rubbish...

Timmah

Staff member
give me a break, mate!

forget your comparisons for one second.

Lets talk about match day experience. Thats what its truly about.

At least I know when I attend a game in qld, i have a great stadium and a big crowd, great atmosphere, easy transport, etc, etc.

And i've been to sydney stadia too, dont you worry about that.

I attend 30+ games a year in Sydney and very rarely do I encounter any problems along those lines...

Why on earth are Brisbane fans only half as likely to attend an NRL game as their Sydney counterparts?

er... Because there are less than half as many games they could attend maybe?

There's just no way to make any sensible comparison on these figures. Obviously Brisbane would gain some fans with more teams (up to a point) and Sydney would lose some, but it's pure speculation as to what the scale of these shifts may be.

Timmah

Staff member
Exactly. How does Queensland thereby "win"? It's a pointless argument but QLDers will never let go.

Brutus

Referee
Had that Test been played in Sydney last night I wonder what the crowd would have been?

25k at a push? I know there was 36k for the Centenary Test last year but that was after all the Centenary Test. 26k for a Tri-Nations final. Woeful.

Sure, I'm just arguing that neither state can really claim to 'win' and I don't really get why anyone cares that much. It's just as silly to claim that Queensland is league heartland just because the Broncos get such big crowds.

Obviously as a Kiwi I don't have much experience in the Queensland/NSW rivalry, but I'd like league to be really strong in both areas because that'd be good for league. Why can't we all just get along? :p

Loudstrat

Coach
Sure, I'm just arguing that neither state can really claim to 'win' and I don't really get why anyone cares that much. It's just as silly to claim that Queensland is league heartland just because the Broncos get such big crowds.

Obviously as a Kiwi I don't have much experience in the Queensland/NSW rivalry, but I'd like league to be really strong in both areas because that'd be good for league. Why can't we all just get along? :p
Ask the QLDers that.

I certainly don't think it's a win when so much pressure comes from north to decimate Sydney. Nor is it a win when it is proven that Sydneysiders attend more games. Clearly, the answer is to stop the Queensland inspired attacks on NSW, and for them to supply more than 12 games a year to Brisbane, so their population is as likely to attend games as their counterparts in Sydney, Townsville, Gold Coast, Newcastle and Canberra.

Apey

Staff member
Yes, you're a troll.

We understand.

f**k off and let people argue the actual points.

Latest posts