What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queenslander!

Dazzat

First Grade
I'm reminded of the staunch actions of Benny Ikin who walked out on Ch9 on principle because he didn't like the stuff they were reporting about his old man.
Compare that to A.Johns who can't wait to throw himself into his brother's, barely warm, chair after Ch9 shaft him mercilessly.

Oh yeah Joey, you are a legend :lol:

Wow ... that is so true.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Undoubtably a great number of people with mental illness afflictions do not revert to illegal drug abuse.
Likewise there are a great deal of illegal drug abusers who are not diagnosed with mental illness.

I would ask you to define "great deal" but then I decided that you have already agreed with my point that drug addiction often goes hand in hand with diagnosed mental illness as you had not disagreed but merely pointed out it was not absolute. Thanks for that. I was well aware - for future reference - thats why I used the words "CORRELATION" and "POTENTIAL."

I would then point out to you that of those "great deal" drug abusers that do not have diagnosed mental issue possibles may suffer mental illnesses that are not even diagnosable yet further depleting the remainder as they have have disorders not yet recognized as conditions; this is likely because drug addiction does not seem a rational choice for a happy mentally stable person to make so sayeth the law and because scientific and medical research is continually advancing; but scientific talk may be too much for you too handle.

It was certainly a less shambolic way for Joey to explain his illegal drug use. I guess only he and his Dr know for sure, while the rest of us can accept his explanation or speculate about alternate theories.

You're suggesting Joey's Doctor lied about his patient having depression and bi-polar?

Thats well hell of a conspiracy theory! You actually think a Doctor would risk his credibility and integrity let alone his profession to cover Joey caught with a pill. You actually think Joey would admit to depression if he did not have it? Do you have any more conspiracy theories? Did you have a good relationship with your father? Have you considered medication to slow down your conspiracy theories?

For what its worth, when Joey was first caught - I think a reasonable person is more likely to think that Joey lied about someone putting something in his pocket than to admit to the public he has depression and bi-polar! You really do not think much of him but people with conspiracy theories are known to often suffer paranoia schizophrenia.

:lol: You're willing to argue A.Johns was more likely to make a decision without emotion and man-up to his worries :lol: FAIL
It's far more likely he simply dropped an eccie then 'went to work', as you put it.

Not without emotion - but probably rationally based on the fact he needs to earn to maintain his lifestyle. Maybe he thought why should his brothers sex life cost him his job? Maybe he thought was his brother did in the changing rooms was wrong? Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

I do not see the "FAIL" in the argument for either lacking logic or having a false premise. Clearly keeping Joey keeping his highly paid job was a rational decision when leaving it to support his brother would be an emotional decision. He made the rational decision. Your comment hear leads me to think you're either stupid or abusing illegal drugs.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Originally Posted by cornerposter
I'm reminded of the staunch actions of Benny Ikin who walked out on Ch9 on principle because he didn't like the stuff they were reporting about his old man.
Compare that to A.Johns who can't wait to throw himself into his brother's, barely warm, chair after Ch9 shaft him mercilessly.

Oh yeah Joey, you are a legend

Wow ... that is so true.

What was Ikin's principle? Investigative journalism is wrong? Or is it principled to say do not do a story on my dad losing $10 million dollars of other people's money because it will hurt my feelings?

I fail to compare this to Joey keeping his job after his brother was stood down for sexual acts.

Last edited:

cornerposter

Juniors
I would ask you to define "great deal" but then I decided that you have already agreed with my point that drug addiction more often than not goes hand in hand with diagnosed mental illness as you had not disagreed but merely pointed out it was not absolute. Thanks for that. I was well aware - for future reference - thats why I used the words "CORRELATION" and "POTENTIAL."

I would then point out to you that of those "great deal" drug abusers that do not have diagnosed mental issue possibles may suffer mental illnesses that are not even diagnosable yet further depleting the remainder as they have have disorders not yet recognized as conditions; this is likely because drug addiction does not seem a rational choice for a happy mentally stable person to make so sayeth the law and because scientific and medical research is continually advancing; but scientific talk may be too much for you too handle.

You're suggesting Joey's Doctor lied about his patient having depression and bi-polar?

Thats well hell of a conspiracy theory! You actually think a Doctor would risk his credibility and integrity let alone his profession to cover Joey caught with a pill. You actually think Joey would admit to depression if he did not have it? Do you have any more conspiracy theories? Did you have a good relationship with your father? Have you considered medication to slow down your conspiracy theories?

For what its worth, when Joey was first caught - I think a reasonable person is more likely to think that Joey lied about someone putting something in his pocket than to admit to the public he has depression and bi-polar! You really do not think much of him but people with conspiracy theories are known to often suffer paranoia schizophrenia.

Not without emotion - but probably rationally based on the fact he needs to earn to maintain his lifestyle. Maybe he thought why should his brothers sex life cost him his job? Maybe he thought was his brother did in the changing rooms was wrong? Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

I do not see the "FAIL" in the argument for either lacking logic or having a false premise. Clearly keeping Joey keeping his highly paid job was a rational decision when leaving it to support his brother would be an emotional decision. He made the rational decision. Your comment hear leads me to think you're either stupid or abusing illegal drugs.
hmmm, if in doubt just ramble. :lol: Not sure I agree your technique, but at least you're consistent. I recall you degenerating a thread in a similar fashion last week.
  • Joey Johns is a backstabbing pill popper.
  • Ben Ikin's big toe has more credibility than Joey.
  • Wally was a far superior leader and player than Joey.

GO QLD!!

We're done :lol:

RABK

Referee
hmmm, if in doubt just ramble. :lol: Not sure I agree your technique, but at least you're consistent. I recall you degenerating a thread in a similar fashion last week.
  • Joey Johns is a backstabbing pill popper.
  • Ben Ikin's big toe has more credibility than Joey.
  • Wally was a far superior leader and player than Joey.
GO QLD!!

You make lockyno1 seem a decent poster. You are a troll and a QLD bandwagoner no doubt mr August 09. No doubt you're posting from somewhere in NSW. :lol:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
hmmm, if in doubt just ramble. :lol:

No ramble, just argued structured premises arriving at a logical conclusion.

Not sure I agree your technique,

You do not agree with logic?

but at least you're consistent.

Logical people typically are.

recall you degenerating a thread in a similar fashion last week.

Yes, logic sure "degenerates" threads! :lol:

[*]Joey Johns is a backstabbing pill popper.

Who did he backstab?
[*]Ben Ikin's big toe has more credibility than Joey.

Given Ben Ikin's attitude to investigative journalism he has as much credability in the media as his father does running a business with other people's money.

[*]Wally was a far superior leader and player than Joey.

That is debatable. If Wally had won a premiership with the Broncos I would have to agree. However, as far as Origin goes - I agree that that Wally has a more glittering record than Joey given the longevity of Wally's career.

But lets not let Wally's achievements fall into a myth. Heads up with Brett Kenny both in the five eighth position Wally was owned. They played 12 games against each other both playing five eighth - Brett emerged the victor 8 times. That said - Wally was a sporting hero of mine growing up. Truly admire him. Great player in origin. Both he and Kenny were extremely talented footballers.

I agree

I'm not. Are you the Queen or pregnant? "We" "We" I think they're the only times you can assume to speak on more than your own behalf!

Last edited:

cornerposter

Juniors
You make lockyno1 seem a decent poster. You are a troll and a QLD bandwagoner no doubt mr August 09. No doubt you're posting from somewhere in NSW. :lol:

Nice logic. Does that mean you didn't start supporting the Knights until 2004? That's a shame, you missed the premiership - looks like it's gonna be a long time before the next one rolls around.
You are a f**ktard of the highest order, no wonder you and Lockyno1 get on. :lol:

Dazzat

First Grade
What was Ikin's principle? Investigative journalism is wrong? Or is it principled to say do not do a story on my dad losing $10 million dollars of other people's money because it will hurt my feelings?

It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to work out that News had a huge vendetta against Bennett ... which strangely dissipated after his departure from the Broncos.

All accusations against Bennett have started with huge fanfare, and then come to nothing ... a key indication that they are nothing but puff.

Good on you Ben Ikin for sticking tight with your father-in-law ... who I believe is a wonderful man.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
It doesn't take a lot of intelligence to work out that News had a huge vendetta against Bennett ... which strangely dissipated after his departure from the Broncos.

All accusations against Bennett have started with huge fanfare, and then come to nothing ... a key indication that they are nothing but puff.

Good on you Ben Ikin for sticking tight with your father-in-law ... who I believe is a wonderful man.

What are you smoking? You have no idea what you are on about. Ikin leaving channel 9 has nothing to do with Bennett or news limited.

RABK

Referee
Nice logic. Does that mean you didn't start supporting the Knights until 2004? That's a shame, you missed the premiership - looks like it's gonna be a long time before the next one rolls around.
You are a f**ktard of the highest order, no wonder you and Lockyno1 get on. :lol:

We get on? Please provide proof?

Not logic, no doubt truth given the nature of your posts. Where in NSW are you posting from?

Bandwagoner. Just Like Charlie Saab or whatever his name is these days, on the 8.15am Parramatta to Central screaming out QLD! every morning. You wouldn't even know where Cairns is.

Dazzat

First Grade
What are you smoking? You have no idea what you are on about. Ikin leaving channel 9 has nothing to do with Bennett or news limited.

OK ... I assumed that it was something to do with Bennett.

Nothing would surprise me with either Channel 9 or News.

Don't smoke any more.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Watch out or AntiLag will begin to give you an economics lesson.

Hah! Only where relevant Big Pete.

I know you're fairly intellectual yourself Pete. You often critically assess people's arguments with logic and knowledge.

To quote Green Street Hooligans (aka Green Street Elite) "Bloody journo" :p

Big Pete

Referee
Aye.

Whether he was a drug user or not Andrew Johns did some amazing things on the football field that should be respected.

What should also be respected is that this is a 'Queensland' thread. If you want to discuss Andrew Johns than surely you can make your own topic about him, there's a lot to discuss and a lot of Origin moments to relive through his career.

AntiLag - You had me spooked for a minute mate, but I recall we've bumped heads before. It's good to see another member who knows what they're talking about on here.

Latest posts