What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queenslander!

kruzin

Juniors
It's all you or any other Johns hater will ever have.

Oh no, im sorry the greatest player of all time needed drugs to compete with the best. Congratulations, He's a true legend,

Get f**ked. Go back and play with ur barbies.

Get on the roids or the drugs and you'll be a superstar :) Great message to the future kids of NRL.

Stupid wanker.

Last edited:

BDH

Juniors
That is debatable. If Wally had won a premiership with the Broncos I would have to agree. However, as far as Origin goes - I agree that that Wally has a more glittering record than Joey given the longevity of Wally's career.

Way to pick and choose your arguments. Lewis' has 3 Premierships in QRL, when QRL was a very competitive competition. He was also involved in Amco Cup victories. Like I mentioned earlier, and like some people have chosen to blatantly ignore, Lewis' owned the QRL, at a time when NSWRL club scouts camped here and threw coin at everything that threw a ball. The QRL was a very competitive league, and Lewis owned it during his best years. Don't undersell that fact, no matter how young you may be, it just shows you're ignorant.

But lets not let Wally's achievements fall into a myth. Heads up with Brett Kenny both in the five eighth position Wally was owned. They played 12 games against each other both playing five eighth - Brett emerged the victor 8 times. That said - Wally was a sporting hero of mine growing up. Truly admire him. Great player in origin. Both he and Kenny were extremely talented footballers.

LOLZ!!!! Are you really trying to compare Kenny and Lewis, yet alone saying that Kenny had the wood on Lewis?:crazy::crazy:

If you really believe that, and are not just grasping at straws for an internet argument (which is what I reckon is happening here), you should put down the statistics book that you're getting your info from, and go get some 1980's RL DVD's. QRL/BRL/State of Origin- watch them kid.

Like I said before; only idiots try and compare players from different eras, but to compare Kenny to Lewis is laughable, even the Australian selectors at the time agree.

Big Pete

Referee
I just find it funny that RABK wants to forget 211 first grade games of Lewis' career so he can make some bogus snipe on Lewis' club form.

It pays to get your facts straight.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Way to pick and choose your arguments. Lewis' has 3 Premierships in QRL, when QRL was a very competitive competition. He was also involved in Amco Cup victories. Like I mentioned earlier, and like some people have chosen to blatantly ignore, Lewis' owned the QRL, at a time when NSWRL club scouts camped here and threw coin at everything that threw a ball. The QRL was a very competitive league, and Lewis owned it during his best years. Don't undersell that fact, no matter how young you may be, it just shows you're ignorant.

Do not try and take me out of context with your ignorance. I merely stated had Wally won a premiership in his 5 years in the NSWRL I think he would have done enough to prove without doubt that he was the better player than Joey in my view.

However, since you raised it; in my opinion comparing NSWRL to QRL is like comparing NRL to ESL. Lewis may have owned QRL as a "fact". Had he owned the NSWRL with that incredibly strong entry Broncos team - he could further lay claim to greatness, but he did fail there. My god the Broncos had a strong inception team.

LOLZ!!!! Are you really trying to compare Kenny and Lewis, yet alone saying that Kenny had the wood on Lewis?:crazy::crazy:

The fact is Lewis met Kenny head on at standoff Kenny was on the winning side 8 times and Lewis four.

If you really believe that, and are not just grasping at straws for an internet argument (which is what I reckon is happening here), you should put down the statistics book that you're getting your info from, and go get some 1980's RL DVD's. QRL/BRL/State of Origin- watch them kid.

Standoff encounters at Origin - Lewis 4 Kenny 8. Thats 2 wins for Kenny per victory for Lewis. Thats 12 games that actually happened and that I have watched. There is a reason the State of Origin shield used to depict Lewis arm wrestling Kenny.

Like I said before; only idiots try and compare players from different eras, but to compare Kenny to Lewis is laughable, even the Australian selectors at the time agree.

Politics of selection aside you have forgotten that the 1982 Ashes tour selectors did not.

I rate Wally's origin performances immeasurably. He was a great player. I just disagree with the myth being created. And yes - I and others believe Brett Kenny had his measure and more than contested with him in the middle part of the 80's - and the stats show this much - thats why the Origin shield had both their images on it.

That said I support the boys in Maroon.

Last edited:

cornerposter

Juniors
The fact is Lewis met Kenny head on at standoff Kenny was on the winning side 8 times and Lewis four.
That means nothing. When the Broncos beat Nth Qld does that mean Wallace is better than Thurston? You're a nob - evidence #237

Politics of selection aside you have forgotten that the 1982 Ashes tour selectors did not.
Yeah, lets ignore the politics which kept Lewis out of the side :roll: You're a nob - evidence #238

Joker's Wild

Coach
Oh no, im sorry the greatest player of all time needed drugs to compete with the best. Congratulations, He's a true legend,

Get f**ked. Go back and play with ur barbies.

Get on the roids or the drugs and you'll be a superstar :) Great message to the future kids of NRL.

Stupid wanker.

Much like Wendel and his little trist with cocaine yet most are fine with him being seen as a positive role model for young blokes (me being amongst them)

Selective memory mate?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Dell didnt have to speak about it live on nation wide telly. Tough for anyone to have to go through in private let alone out in the open for all to see.

I think Joey paid for it more than most realised

Big Pete

Referee
It's an interesting argument, but at the end of the day, Joey's Rugby League career didn't suffer for it like Sailor's did.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
The selectors made Lewis vice captain. Politics led to the coach not picking him.

So Kenny's spectacular form had nothing to do with his selection?

Hah!

Not like the only time the Aussie selectors dropped Wally either. 1 990, 1991. And before you say he was too old - 1991 he played out of his skin in origin before his awful last test. In fact I think even Bennet benched him for the Broncs a few times.

Wally was great and one of the best players I have ever seen play. But lets get the myth under control a little.

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
Not like the only time the Aussie selectors dropped Wally either. 1 990, 1991. And before you say he was too old - 1991 he played out of his skin in origin before his awful last test. In fact I think even Bennet benched him for the Broncs a few times.

It's well documented why Bennett sacked Lewis - and perhaps benched him. It had nothing to do with Lewis' ability, and everything to do with the type of team Bennett was building - built on the back of the Langer/Walters combination in the halves ... which proved a master stroke in hindsight.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
So Lewis was not able to play the same style Walters did?

So it came down to ability to play different styles.

So Bennet dropped Lewis because of his abilities?

Sweet.Your argument certainly keeps the myth in check Dazzat.

Thanks for agreeing.

Latest posts