What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queenslander!

screeder

Juniors
Game 3 09 Qld players coming down off big night on the stillnox and red bull with 4 in a row already tied up. Blues played well but can't really take much heart from the win.

timka4

Bench
Game 3 09 Qld players coming down off big night on the stillnox and red bull with 4 in a row already tied up. Blues played well but can't really take much heart from the win.

pretty sure they did, i bet qld wanted nothing more to white wash nsw, with all the """maroon pride""" with all that red bull and not caring about the game attitude, doesnt sound like qld to me, yeh pete you may be right, you always see through my flaws :( lol

Big Pete

Referee
Yep, any suggestion Queensland didn't want to win that last game are silly. Simply, the side was outplayed in one of the most bizarre games you'll ever see.

screeder

Juniors
Of course they wanted to win but there's no way they prepared for the game the same as if it was a must win scenario. Hopefully the Blues think they'll get a similar opposition to that come game 1.

Joker's Wild

Coach
So whats the better state then? C'mon be honest.

He must have got a promotion. Or it's a lifestyle move .. ??

To be honest lads, all bullsh*t aside, both states have their charms depending on where you live and what you're after. I am from outside the Sydney area so Im not really into the whole big city lifestyle which is why Brissy suits me. I do miss the beaches down south though, Brisbane just doesnt cut it on that front.

I am here by choice for both work and personal reasons.

Dazzat

First Grade
I do miss the beaches down south though, Brisbane just doesnt cut it on that front.

Know what you mean there ... lived in Brisbane for 13 years after growing up on the Sunny Coast. Unless you own a decent boat and can cruise over to Straddy or Moreton for the weekend ... no sand, no surf, no fun.

On another front ... have we heard who's taking Henry's place this year ... he's resigned as Mal's 'assistant' hasn't he?

Dazzat

First Grade
It's just our way of giving you a little hope. Plucka Duck could be our coach and we'd still win ...!

screeder

Juniors
Who cares about f*ckin Hagan. These Blue supporters will cling to anything for a bit of hope. Origin could be dead if they don't win this year, fair dinkum. Imagine going for 6 in a row, what a joke.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Who cares about f*ckin Hagan. These Blue supporters will cling to anything for a bit of hope. Origin could be dead if they don't win this year, fair dinkum. Imagine going for 6 in a row, what a joke.

You need only take one look at QLDs lineup and you know its inevitable. It will be a hilarious but devastating outcome if Origin dies because QLD got too good for the blues.

Knightmare

Coach
Not sure whether you're stirring the pot or not, but imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and NSW fans were saying Qld were no hope? :crazy: There would be mass bleating north of the Tweed about how arrogant NSW were and lacking in respect!

If the Maroons use the "We waz underdogs" line this year I am going to PMSL.

Big Pete

Referee
Would it stop you from bleating how coaches are to blame instead of your side simply being inferior?

If so, Queensland are the underdogs.

screeder

Juniors
Not sure whether you're stirring the pot or not, but imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and NSW fans were saying Qld were no hope? :crazy: There would be mass bleating north of the Tweed about how arrogant NSW were and lacking in respect!

Go back to early '06 and dickhead Sydney journo's speculating on the probable test line-up and having a good old laugh because the only Queenslander they had in there was Lockyer. There was no bleating, just winning, 4 years of winning for us and severe embarrassment for the Blues. Sooner or later NSW will win it and it'll probably be because of Queensland complacency.

Dazzat

First Grade

Ha ... that's rich! Only a few years ago Sydney journalists (as we all remember) were beating up the idea of a "NSW dynasty", and questioning the future of State of Origin ... from memory that was after two series wins by the mighty Blues.

And yes, I believe we will be the underdogs this year. I reckon bookies will be pointing the complacency.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

Such short memories.

Knightmare

Coach
Ha ... that's rich! Only a few years ago Sydney journalists (as we all remember) were beating up the idea of a "NSW dynasty", and questioning the future of State of Origin ... from memory that was after two series wins by the mighty Blues.

And yes, I believe we will be the underdogs this year. I reckon bookies will be pointing the complacency.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Benny Elias does not comprise "Sydney journalists". Still, whatever fuels that "The whole world is against us!" attitude that is prominent north of the border...