What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So not content with screwing up the nrl Vlandys is now screwing up international RL. I really hope the players rebel and stick two fIngres up at him and the cowardly arlc and Nzrl by representing other countries where they can!

IRL:
"I have been in regular communication with the RLPA and a number of international players and coaches who have been satisfied with the world cup's biosecurity arrangements and expressed a clear determination to travel to England and proudly represent their nations. They have expressed to me that they feel their own personal choice to participate or not in the world cup has been taken from them. The RLPA have again committed to continue to work with IRL and the Local Organising Committee towards a 2021 tournament including Australian and New Zealand players who have dual eligibility and who are now keen to play for other nations.

So much for his recent comments regarding crackdowns that “he should have consulted with the players”.. back to his old narcissistic ways… a leopard doesn’t change its spots..

This is a ridiculous decision.

We’ve got a team of 400+ Olympians representing Australia in Tokyo..

We’ve seen multiple national teams go to the UK for the recent Euro championships… and Test Cricket championships…

Yet this narcissistic dictator running the ARLC pulls the pin for “player welfare”…

no other team has boycotted sport in the UK. But the Australian Rugby league has and dragged NZ with them…

The sport of Rugby league is really struggling in the UK, where the sport originated. A World Cup in the UK would provide a massive boost and much-needed cash injection into the sport over there…

Yet Vlandys is pulling the “player welfare” card. What a load of Bullshit.

The bloke has made a joke of this season, and now has spread it to the post-season and internationally…

no doubt the decision isn’t so much about player welfare than it is to save some money and try to protect the start of next season…

player welfare.. they’d be fine to go under any Normal season but Vlandys rules have players exhausted and no doubt would be stuffed by the end of this year. If anyone’s contradicted player welfare it’s the bloke who changed all these rules…

I wonder how guys like Nathan Cleary, Jerome Luai, Christian Welch etc etc feel about being denied the opportunity to play for their country in a World Cup….

Sack Vlandys.

The bloke makes Donald Trump look like The Dalai Lama.

MugaB

Coach
So not content with screwing up the nrl Vlandys is now screwing up international RL. I really hope the players rebel and stick two fIngres up at him and the cowardly arlc and Nzrl by representing other countries where they can!

IRL:
"I have been in regular communication with the RLPA and a number of international players and coaches who have been satisfied with the world cup's biosecurity arrangements and expressed a clear determination to travel to England and proudly represent their nations. They have expressed to me that they feel their own personal choice to participate or not in the world cup has been taken from them. The RLPA have again committed to continue to work with IRL and the Local Organising Committee towards a 2021 tournament including Australian and New Zealand players who have dual eligibility and who are now keen to play for other nations.
Mate grow up, the covid pandemic has ruined most sports comps around the world, and having the Nrl players play in a world cup this year is after a problematic season thus far will just ruin next years comp, they should be postponing the RLWC until the effects of the pandemic are moreso under control. The IRLC are irresponsible for pushing this, yes they can still have it, but can't whinge if Australia or NZ or any PIs cant attend

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Excellent decision. The players would be in a bubble for months here in Australia followed by more months in a bubble at the world cup. The decision being made now gives the organisers plenty of time to decide to go ahead or postpone.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So much for his recent comments regarding crackdowns that “he should have consulted with the players”.. back to his old narcissistic ways… a leopard doesn’t change its spots..

This is a ridiculous decision.

We’ve got a team of 400+ Olympians representing Australia in Tokyo..

We’ve seen multiple national teams go to the UK for the recent Euro championships… and Test Cricket championships…

Yet this narcissistic dictator running the ARLC pulls the pin for “player welfare”…

no other team has boycotted sport in the UK. But the Australian Rugby league has and dragged NZ with them…

The sport of Rugby league is really struggling in the UK, where the sport originated. A World Cup in the UK would provide a massive boost and much-needed cash injection into the sport over there…

Yet Vlandys is pulling the “player welfare” card. What a load of Bullshit.

The bloke has made a joke of this season, and now has spread it to the post-season and internationally…

no doubt the decision isn’t so much about player welfare than it is to save some money and try to protect the start of next season…

player welfare.. they’d be fine to go under any Normal season but Vlandys rules have players exhausted and no doubt would be stuffed by the end of this year. If anyone’s contradicted player welfare it’s the bloke who changed all these rules…

I wonder how guys like Nathan Cleary, Jerome Luai, Christian Welch etc etc feel about being denied the opportunity to play for their country in a World Cup….

Sack Vlandys.

The bloke makes Donald Trump look like The Dalai Lama.
Why does it concern you? You're not watching any more.

Why does it concern you? You're not watching any more.

Haha - you love that I'm not watching...

I know you aren't into reviewing posts this year... but again it's the NRL competition I'm not watching. This is an international tournament not befouled by Peter Vlandys' meddling.... or at least it was until he decided to deny Australia's participation.

Theblokesajoke.

On another note, well done on your win last night. I didn't watch it but saw a replay on the news of Rapana denying Sivo the matchwinner (whoops - does that count as "watching"??)..

Rapana leading with the leg/knee into Sivo's body from the side .... hmmmm surely that's not as dangerous as Ravalawa getting suspended 3 times for hitting players in the ribs with his shoulder... Or Dylan Brown leading with his leg/knees into Hutchison's body..

But hey - matchwinning play, lets celebrate it!

Not your doing. I actually hope the Raiders do well. I like em. Good luck for the rest of the season - I may even watch them play a game at some point.... just for a laugh. And to see you post about it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Haha - you love that I'm not watching...

I know you aren't into reviewing posts this year... but again it's the NRL competition I'm not watching. This is an international tournament not befouled by Peter Vlandys' meddling.... or at least it was until he decided to deny Australia's participation.

Theblokesajoke.

On another note, well done on your win last night. I didn't watch it but saw a replay on the news of Rapana denying Sivo the matchwinner (whoops - does that count as "watching"??)..

Rapana leading with the leg/knee into Sivo's body from the side .... hmmmm surely that's not as dangerous as Ravalawa getting suspended 3 times for hitting players in the ribs with his shoulder... Or Dylan Brown leading with his leg/knees into Hutchison's body..

But hey - matchwinning play, lets celebrate it!

Not your doing. I actually hope the Raiders do well. I like em. Good luck for the rest of the season - I may even watch them play a game at some point.... just for a laugh. And to see you post about it.
I thought you weren't watching

"Troy Grant, boss of International Rugby League, whose tournament the World Cup is, was less diplomatic.

He cursed: “I find it difficult to find the words that adequately describe my disappointment with that decision.

“Players are telling me they haven’t had the opportunity to make that decision for themselves. The RLPA has again committed to continue to work towards a 2021 tournament including Australian and New Zealand players who have dual eligibility and who are now keen to play for other nations.

“Whatever happens, my job as IRL chair is to pick up the pieces of international rugby league’s tarnished reputation as a result of these decisions.”

----

Yet Peter Vlandys, only last month...

"Hindsight’s a great tool, you can do everything in your life better," V’landys told host Andrew Voss on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

"I make mistakes every day and I’d love to get my chance again to reverse them. In this instance, yes, we could have done things better.

"We should’ve probably consulted the players more rightly.

"The irony of the situation is, we respect the players so much that we took the hard call to protect them."

hey @Gourley's Socks ... Trust alls good with you mate.

You might need to update this. Namely Rapana>Sivo.

There may even be enough footage over the last month to make a sequel. Although as I'm not watching NRL games at the moment, you could always ask some others. perhaps always greenier could help out if needed. He's always watching.

Cheers.