What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T-Boon

Coach
"Wasting money", "wasting" being the insulting word. It implies that there is no point in investing to grow the game outside its heartland.
At first I thought it was just a brain fart moment in his quest to gain support as he came into the chairman's role by announcing his preference for Brisbane2 expansion. But now he has doubled up on it a few months later with exactly the same phrase. It's pointless stupidity that damages the game for no good reason. Especially with the Vic Govt just investing $10mill in a new centre for VicNRL and WA Govt spending millions on NRL events and SA Govt spending big on Origin for first time.

I wonder if he is trying to put some pressure on the AFL with their wasting money with GWS and Suns. Enough of the AFL people think its a waste of their money. He could be saying these things publicly while saying the good things privately to Perth bid types.

Styles clash

Juniors
I wonder if he is trying to put some pressure on the AFL with their wasting money with GWS and Suns. Enough of the AFL people think its a waste of their money. He could be saying these things publicly while saying the good things privately to Perth bid types.

No

Perth Red

Post Whore

He isnt:

Cumins, now a supporter of the grassroots scene in WA, told the Daily Telegraph he has written to all of the commissioners to plead their case while expressing his disgust at V'landys' comments.

"I was gutted; parents, volunteers are gutted," Cumins said.

"What p..... me off even more was we had to read about it in the press.

"It would have been more respectful to hear through the proper channels but he is only one voice on the commission. We'll get in the ears of others."
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/118397458/perth-takes-fight-to-nrl-over-expansion-snub

I’ll back anything V’Landys does or says over that muppet Peter Beattie.

Beattie has all his life been the master of saying very little, doing very little but collecting a big pay.

V’Landys has the right strategy of strengthening your core base before you start exploring less traditional markets.

T-Boon

Coach
I’ll back anything V’Landys does or says over that muppet Peter Beattie.

Beattie has all his life been the master of saying very little, doing very little but collecting a big pay.

V’Landys has the right strategy of strengthening your core base before you start exploring less traditional markets.

I love Vlandys but Beattie was excellent as well. We need to stop burning bridges with our leaders once they are gone. Beattie loves the game.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Like I said before he is saying what he thinks the masses want to hear, regardless of the stupidity of it. Trump 101. Either that or he is totally rogue and just gets an idea and blurts it out without any thought of consequence. He doesn't seem to be a stupid man so I would suggest it is probably the former.

It's got to be a kick in the guts to those in Perth
This reminds me of what you'd hear half cut yobbs in the pub say. V'landys definitely has done some good things but saying needless stuff like this that directly insults a potential fanbase is ridiculous. He's obviously doing it to please people like I mentioned, who already support the game, it's like he's trying to be one of the boys for the average punter.

Can you imagine any other sport's chairman saying this stuff?

Agreed. I like Vlandys and a lot of the stuff he's done but I can't cop him saying this.

jim_57

Staff member
Doesn't matter what he said
In your eyes it's all bad .

Likewise apparently it doesn't matter if he recklessly says some really dumb things that have the potential to hurt the code financially. In some people's eyes he is already hailed as the 2nd coming of Zeus now no matter what he does.

Build a wall!!!

V’LANDYS URGES VICTORIAN FANS TO STAY AWAY

ARLC Chair Peter V’landys has urged Victorian fans to stay away from NRL games this weekend as crowds of up to 10,000 will be allowed into stadiums.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports the recent COVID-19 spike in Victoria has concerned V’landys that it may spread and impact NSW and Queensland.

The Storm have already relocated to the Sunshine Coast so no members of the NRL community will be in Victoria, but V’landys is worried fans, given it’s school holidays in the state, will travel to attend a match.

“I am concerned because of the situation in Victoria and the fact that Victorians can come into NSW and Queensland,” V’landys said.

“It only needs a few Victorians coming into NSW and everything is in jeopardy. We are just hoping the Victorians stay home.

“We just hope they stay within Victoria and be selfless at the moment because we don’t want it spreading into NSW or any other state.”

Despite the concerning spike in Victoria, the NRL is still going ahead with plans to have stadiums reach a 25 per cent crowd capacity for Round 8.

“They will all go ahead - with the condition that no Victorians are allowed in,” V’landys said.

“We’re going to be vigilant in ensuring no Victorians are going to any of our games.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/7ee806e18cf4d52868fccd7c5fcab43c

Build a wall!!!

ARLC Chair Peter V’landys has urged Victorian fans to stay away from NRL games this weekend as crowds of up to 10,000 will be allowed into stadiums.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports the recent COVID-19 spike in Victoria has concerned V’landys that it may spread and impact NSW and Queensland.

The Storm have already relocated to the Sunshine Coast so no members of the NRL community will be in Victoria, but V’landys is worried fans, given it’s school holidays in the state, will travel to attend a match.

“I am concerned because of the situation in Victoria and the fact that Victorians can come into NSW and Queensland,” V’landys said.

“It only needs a few Victorians coming into NSW and everything is in jeopardy. We are just hoping the Victorians stay home.

“We just hope they stay within Victoria and be selfless at the moment because we don’t want it spreading into NSW or any other state.”

Despite the concerning spike in Victoria, the NRL is still going ahead with plans to have stadiums reach a 25 per cent crowd capacity for Round 8.

“They will all go ahead - with the condition that no Victorians are allowed in,” V’landys said.

“We’re going to be vigilant in ensuring no Victorians are going to any of our games.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/7ee806e18cf4d52868fccd7c5fcab43c

Yep keep those unhygienic Mexicans south of the border.

They’re a bunch of weirdos anyway.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Build a wall!!!

And here he goes again, this guy is fcked in the head and is using RL to further his battle with Victoria to the benefit of his racing job. Why would you even say that? it is Trump 101 play book. Next he'll be saying NRL is going to build a wall at NSW border!
The two comments above are exactly why he is saying it, for the brain dead to feel good about how we are sticking it the mexicans. grow up.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
And here he goes again, this guy is fcked in the head and is using RL to further his battle with Victoria to the benefit of his racing job. Why would you even say that? it is Trump 101 play book. Next he'll be saying NRL is going to build a wall at NSW border!
The two comments above are exactly why he is saying it, for the brain dead to feel good about how we are sticking it the mexicans. grow up.
While he is at it, he should get some quotes for a WA border wall

franklin2323

Immortal
"Wasting money", "wasting" being the insulting word. It implies that there is no point in investing to grow the game outside its heartland.
At first I thought it was just a brain fart moment in his quest to gain support as he came into the chairman's role by announcing his preference for Brisbane2 expansion. But now he has doubled up on it a few months later with exactly the same phrase. It's pointless stupidity that damages the game for no good reason. Especially with the Vic Govt just investing $10mill in a new centre for VicNRL and WA Govt spending millions on NRL events and SA Govt spending big on Origin for first time.

Melbourne with all their success on field stuggle off it. Started the year with no major sponsor for example. Have barely made a dent in AFL junior playing ranks.

so they are rusted on AFL states and will take more outlay then a Brisbane team will. You just don’t like him

franklin2323

Immortal
Likewise apparently it doesn't matter if he recklessly says some really dumb things that have the potential to hurt the code financially. In some people's eyes he is already hailed as the 2nd coming of Zeus now no matter what he does.

Far too soon to say either way. Atleast we are talking expansion that is the main thing especially given the climate of the world

Perth Red

Post Whore
Melbourne with all their success on field stuggle off it. Started the year with no major sponsor for example. Have barely made a dent in AFL junior playing ranks.

so they are rusted on AFL states and will take more outlay then a Brisbane team will. You just don’t like him

Attendances, membership, making a profit, tv audiences, value to game sponsorship. Hardly struggling! AT least they got a main sponsor, better than some heartland clubs!
The only area you could lay any criticism would be in jnr development but that is really the job of the NRL VIc and NRL not the Melbourne Storm. AFL are building in NSW and Qland because of the funding and work of the AFL, not the AFL clubs paying for and running Jnr AFL in those States.

Spot On

Coach
How would have Todd handled all this?

Reckon he would have needed a few committees and 2 yrs to work out what to do.

Game would have been well and truly dust by then.

6 again rule - pure genius.

Todd would have taken years if lucky, to understand the benefits of it. Trials it in NSW Cup etc. Have 'experts' write a report about it etc. Check for the 'bubble in the carpet'.

All hail Legend Pete.