What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

10$ Ferret

Staff member
grnat is a very successful businessman. He can’t be that half witted?

Have you listened to the bloke speak, or head what he has said. Maybe its the early stages of senility but when it comes to RL he is a half wit and he shouldn't be but is

Perth Red

Post Whore
Have you listened to the bloke speak, or head what he has said. Maybe its the early stages of senility but when it comes to RL he is a half wit and he shouldn't be but is

Lol, like I said he is a highly successful millionaire businessman in the IT world. Stupid he is not. Just been appointed another high profile position to help grow a major business. We love to hate our administrators in RL, probably our working class ingrained distrust of successful business people?
https://www.arnnet.com.au/article/663466/former-data-3-ceo-john-grant-joins-firstwave-board/

Perth Red

Post Whore
And here we go......

The NRL will consider selling off a stake to private investors to ensure it has the financial capability to survive the coronavirus outbreak.
While sceptics scoffed at the prospect of iconic Australian sporting assets being traded, ARLC chairman Peter V’landys has revealed he is open to the prospect of selling an equity share in the NRL.

"We would entertain anything that is for the benefit of the game," V’landys told The Sun-Herald.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...investment-says-v-landys-20200411-p54j22.html

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Lol, like I said he is a highly successful millionaire businessman in the IT world. Stupid he is not. Just been appointed another high profile position to help grow a major business. We love to hate our administrators in RL, probably our working class ingrained distrust of successful business people?
https://www.arnnet.com.au/article/663466/former-data-3-ceo-john-grant-joins-firstwave-board/

But according to Paul Kent expert of business management, a man with no agenda, Grant is useless.

Grant who is an expert in IT was a loss to league. Couldn't we lose Kent and keep Grant.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
However, Paul Kent isn’t buying it. He sensationally called for the “totally delusional” Greenberg to resign from the top job because he has burned bridges with Nine – the NRL’s second biggest funder behind Fox Sports.
It’s all bullshit in all honesty,” Kent said on Triple M Rocks NRL.

“To sit down and say ‘it’s water off a ducks back, I’m not here to be popular’ when your game’s second biggest funder … to sit there and dismiss the criticism is delusional, totally delusional.

“I don’t think there’s anywhere for Todd Greenberg to go except for to resign because the fact is Channel 9 have clearly indicated they’ve got no faith in him, he’s already on the outs with News Limited with the way he’s handled things in recent times.”
Kent went on to reveal he had been in contact with a number of clubs who would push for Greenberg to resign if they were called on by the ARLC commission.

“I spoke to some clubs this week, and I said to the clubs ‘would you move as a group to get Todd to resign given the game’s greatest funders have got no faith in him?’ And they said ‘we can do that and if the board want us to do that we’ll do that’.

“They’ve lost faith as well. ‘If the commission wants us to do it, we will do it but we have faith in Peter V’landys to do the right thing, so we’ll just leave it to Peter to see what gets done’.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/73837b25d94af2094095c901cd81daab

Again we have to laugh at Kent trying to protect the game by drumming up support to oust and destabilise the RL management at a time like this. F off Kent your agendas shine out like beacons and take your mate Hoops with you.

Shouldn't the story here be why club CEO's are talking to a journo to bring down the management unless it's just all BS. As if the CEO's turned to a mouthpiece like Kent and said yeah we can do that if the board wants us too..........seriously.

Why isn't he outraged how News Ltd screwed rugby league for 25 years....that's the real issue of the money problems for the game and how Gallop got off with no criticism.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why was V'landys not on project Apollo?

he’s a totally rogue operator. Announces date of season resumption without
1. Liaising with tv partners
2. Having an actual structure
3. Liaising with nsw health dept
4. Informing most of appolo committee

then somehow Greenberg gets the blame despite being totally benched and Vlandys is praised by kent and hooper for being an outstanding leader whilst calling for Greenberg’s head for not liaising with tv! We’re fcked!

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Exactly, the apollo crew take the fall, V'landys gets his news lackeys on board they sell off the digital arm and league as you say is screwed again.

10$ Ferret

Staff member

Do you know the number of high profile IT executives that I have seen (working in the industry my self) that are halfwits. Far too many, they are usually the ones that can't actually do any IT.
In terms of RL he played and he should have know better but he did not know high player's names. The guy will be forever known as a half wit in my books.
Anyway he did f**k all for RL and deserves to go out a miserable failure

big hit!

Bench

then somehow Greenberg gets the blame despite being totally benched and Vlandys is praised by kent and hooper for being an outstanding leader whilst calling for Greenberg’s head for not liaising with tv! We’re fcked!

add, communicating with the Warriors, who need to get over in the next week to get quarantine done and restart prep for the announced may 28 recommencement. apparently, they haven't heard boo

typicalfan

Coach

Don't believe everything you read in tabloids.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Vlandys publicly agreeing with nine that the commission has financially mismanaged the game is just validating that’s it’s ok for nine and Gould to publicly sht on the game. What a merkin he is. A merkin I might add that has been part of that commission for over two years!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Do you know the number of high profile IT executives that I have seen (working in the industry my self) that are halfwits. Far too many, they are usually the ones that can't actually do any IT.
In terms of RL he played and he should have know better but he did not know high player's names. The guy will be forever known as a half wit in my books.
Anyway he did f**k all for RL and deserves to go out a miserable failure

Clearly the no. 1 job of a business leader........................................

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Vlandys publicly agreeing with nine that the commission has financially mismanaged the game is just validating that’s it’s ok for nine and Gould to publicly sht on the game. What a merkin he is. A merkin I might add that has been part of that commission for over two years!

Why get into a public shouting match?

Im not yet a fan of Vlad, but this was not an error.

Cactus

Juniors
Why get into a public shouting match? Im not yet a fan of Vlad, but this was not an error.

Why argue againat something that everyone knows is true. That mismanagement has been going on for eons.

Seems to me it would have been preferable to not engage with that subject at all. The problem with agreeing with anything 9 put out the other day is that it sets the scene for the negotiations. Especially since our own Gus amplified the proposition.

9 coming in from a position of strength while the NRL looks like joining the table from a position of weakness and vulnerability.

Call it posturing sure....but so far I see it working with Vlandy. He now has a ready made excuse (to take a substandard offer) of not only the prevailing pandemic disaster but the NRL does not even deserve the already agreed upon contract sums because of its own financially folly.

Would have been better to say nothing and get real busy sourcing an alternative broadcast option to at least create a little bit of that famed competitive tension and also in case this negotiation with 9 goes south.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why get into a public shouting match?

Im not yet a fan of Vlad, but this was not an error.

he didn’t have to contradict them, but he sure as hell didn’t have to agree with them! Situations like that it’s best to say nothing. He basically sht on his own organisation, when someone says this about your company you dont fricking agree with them!
The broadcaster blamed the NRL for “mismanagement of the code over many years” and claimed the league “wasted those funds” brought in from broadcasting arrangements, “squandered by a bloated head office”.

but then that seems to be his MO, he says sht without thinking of the consequences.

Last edited:

Latest posts