What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question to residents of Cronulla, Woolooware and Nth Caringbah,

The Attorney

Juniors
You know
Some of the responses to my comments make me want to see my club go under.

Angry fools who will not be inconvenienced in their own lives.

The fact is this.
I am simply commenting on the groundswell of neighborhood angst towards 700 new properties within 1 k of my home.

This is real, and deep down we don't want it.
So fuq yas all.

I'm gonna call my man Capsis in the morn and endorse his opposition.
Vote 1.
The rev.

I live locally and drive through the area every day as stated and am for the deveopment
The problem is your opinions aren’t based on facts.
Your real objection isn’t traffic, flood plains, mangroves or any of the other reasons Capsis carries on about as well I’ll wager

The Attorney

Juniors

from the link you used attorney

so the plan was conducted with focus on the increased traffic, or as they put it - extra load

by your definition they are nimbys

I think you misunderstand what I mean by NIMBY

It’s an acronym Not In My Back Yard

The moving of the roundabout was mainly for access to the retail centre
you are correct there will be an extra load but that extra load will be minor

carcharias

Immortal
another thought.
How many of these people who are now complaining cashed in prior to capital gains tax on houses that their oldies owned.
Then rented them out for years before selling them off to a developer to build townhouses?
Imagine what Miranda used to look like.

What is Georges childhood house now?
Is he even a local.

Ram Dass

Juniors
I live locally and drive through the area every day as stated and am for the deveopment
The problem is your opinions aren’t based on facts.
Your real objection isn’t traffic, flood plains, mangroves or any of the other reasons Capsis carries on about as well I’ll wager

I actually don't give a tinkas about the objection.
I want the joint to have a footy team.

I stated the opinions of my neighbors.
You should worry more about them not me.

Ram Dass

Juniors
What sort of attorney are you, anyway?

Are you going to get up in court and tell us we should have the development because it's " the vibe?"

This whole thing is so the castle it ain't funny.

The Attorney

Juniors
What sort of attorney are you, anyway?

Are you going to get up in court and tell us we should have the development because it's " the vibe?"

This whole thing is so the castle it ain't funny.

A bloke called "RAM DASS" is giving me shit about my user name?

The only castle Vibe, IE not having a clue but spouting phrases they cant back up ("to high" "traffic" "mangroves") is coming from the NIMBY’s

The Attorney

Juniors
I actually don't give a tinkas about the objection.
I want the joint to have a footy team.

I stated the opinions of my neighbors.
You should worry more about them not me.

problem is when people get on public formus and spout opinions others take them as fact

I'm glad you support the sharks and the development

another thought.
How many of these people who are now complaining cashed in prior to capital gains tax on houses that their oldies owned.
Then rented them out for years before selling them off to a developer to build townhouses?
Imagine what Miranda used to look like.

What is Georges childhood house now?
Is he even a local.

Valid point, something that came to my mind is that current property owners and investors may be worries about a big addition to the housing supply in the Shire having the potential to lower rental prices, but given population growth, I dont think this is anything to be worried about.

spider

Coach
The moving of the roundabout was mainly for access to the retail centre
not according to the link you used

Traffic management

The following traffic arrangements have been proposed to improve local traffic along Captain Cook Drive:

The Attorney said:
you are correct there will be an extra load but that extra load will be minor
not according to the need to investigate and propose a detailed traffic management plan - according to the link you used​

im using your advice here Attorney, and utilising the facts produced on behalf of the development, not opinion​

The Attorney said:
problem is when people get on public formus and spout opinions others take them as fact

R2Coupe

Juniors
Complete rubbish, this development is for the entire area encompassing all of what is commonly referred to as Cronulla
There has so far been no evidence of negative impact to local residents
Please give facts if you have any, saying "traffic" "to big" and "to high"
don’t cut it

They won’t have a choice once the development is built.

More lies
the new bus service will be a completely new route, the STA has already signed an agreement that it will go ahead once the development is approved

No negative impact to residents?

The site is a floodplain. There are severe flooding issues.

The traffic report prepared for the developer indicated certain major intersections are at near or full capacity. An independent report is to be commissioned.

You have immediately adjacent to the proposed site the Towra Point Aquatic Reserve.

The proposal for use of Cronulla High School is not guaranteed.

The proposal is out of character with surrounding suburbs. How many 16 storey developments are in North Woolooware and North Caringbah?

Has the STA signed an agreement? I thought in principle support but no budget for it? Please provide more information.

kurtz

Juniors
From the Dept of Environment and Heritage response to the application:

Flooding

In its response of 22 August 2011 to the EA test of adequacy, Office of Environment and Heritage raised concerns that the proposal as presented may be impacted by flooding, and may adversely impact on flooding in adjacent properties.

https://majorprojects.affinitylive.com/public/b3b61a272ebb9c78e1b6827e9c6fcefb/Office%20of%20Environment%20and%20Heritage%20comments_%2022%20November%202011.pdf

But what would the Department of Environment know about flooding.

Megalodon

Juniors
Floodplain eh?

Probably not a wise thing for the Council to make too much of an issue on that one given that the only source of excess water is from un-managed stormwater leaving Sutherland Shire Council's own property - Woolooware Golf Course, Captain Cook Ovals and Solander Fields.

It is their lack of a stormwater management plan that has historically caused problems in the area.

Fact: previous inundations have been FRESH WATER from Woolooware Golf Course and not salt water from Botany Bay.

Fact: The mangroves choking the "channel" (read that as foetid open drain) is the primary reason why there is the occasional inundation occurs as it inhibits free flow of excess water.

Fact: The development has proposed an excess water management plan that is purposely designed to resolve the issue and at the same time provide bio-swales and other methods to ensure proper egress of clean water to Botany Bay.

carcharias

Immortal

The traffic report prepared for the developer indicated certain major intersections are at near or full capacity. An independent report is to be commissioned.

You have immediately adjacent to the proposed site the Towra Point Aquatic Reserve.

The proposal is out of character with surrounding suburbs. How many 16 storey developments are in North Woolooware and North Caringbah?

Has the STA signed an agreement? I thought in principle support but no budget for it? Please provide more information.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

THIS IS WHAT YOUR PRECIOUS AQUATIC RESERVE LOOKS LIKE AS OF 2 DAYS AGO.

You can carry on about the enviroment all you like, but it is a bloody disgrace.
lest not forget
It was your generation who who allowed all the industry on the bloody waters edge in the first place.

SWAMP.jpg

Eion

First Grade
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

THIS IS WHAT YOUR PRECIOUS AQUATIC RESERVE LOOKS LIKE AS OF 2 DAYS AGO.
That whole mangrove area is a disgrace and has been for donkeys. Anyone who suggests otherwise has either never been to the water's edge or is a liar.

The Attorney

Juniors

this is an all out lie, the site is not a flood plain

The traffic report prepared for the developer indicated certain major intersections are at near or full capacity. An independent report is to be commissioned..

Ive been through this preiously gannons road has nothing to do with the deveopment

AND ????

This proposal is as guaranteed as you can get

this is your opinion only, it should be noted however that the area can handle the nuber of units and retail sector that is proposed

The STA has signed an agreement

cb4

First Grade
I walked along the mangroves, they are filled with litter and dog shit.

I will happily help dig them up to make the development better.

Latest posts