What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question to residents of Cronulla, Woolooware and Nth Caringbah,

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I'll second the disaster call of GC traffic. f**k me dead it is horrendous. 20 lane freee way pharking jammed to a standstill. But you know the main cause? Pharking dipshit phucking useles k.hunt QLD drivers who are without doubt the worst on the phucking planet.
K.hunts.

Sorry mate. I drive those roads daily. They are death traps. I have done the drive to Sydney ....f**k...few hundred times. But not for a few years now. A few weeks ago i drove to Newy & returned at night. It was the most terrifying experience i have ever had on the roads. It like formula 1 for b-doubles throught the streets of surfers paradise during a blackout.
The p/hwy should have been dual carriage way from melbourne to Cairns, 20 years ago.
I drive the old p/hway around some areas here that was used as recently as 10 years ago & shake my head in disbelief that I used to drive along them at 100kmh with b-doubles.

I do know what you mean. I use to drive Sydney to Gold Coast fortnightly and yeah, scray as hell with all the trucks. I am not suggesting the highway was even remotely good or that it should not be upgraded. All I am saying is that the NSW Government must cater for more development in Sydney and that means spending money on infrastructure. Roads, Trains etc.

FMD, I live on the NSW side of the Border, what am I saying. That would be my taxes!

I'll second the disaster call of GC traffic. f**k me dead it is horrendous. 20 lane freee way pharking jammed to a standstill. But you know the main cause? Pharking dipshit phucking useles k.hunt QLD drivers who are without doubt the worst on the phucking planet.
K.hunts.

Like I said, I live NSW side, so I can agree. lol

Well, I am off to enjoy my 20k and hour trip down the fuggin freeway to NSW.

Enjoy your arvo boys!

Last edited:

The Popper

Bench
Who are the people opposed to the development? I received a flyer in the mailbox from `Stop the Sharks development' so it's obvious they have a concerted campaign against having an NRL team in the Shire. But no names are mentioned - either on the flyer or on their website. They even have anti-Shark format letters and emails available for their fellow Shark haters to send to relevant authorites.
Me? I was in Qld when the rally was on but I've already written to the State Planning Authority, Speakman, and my three Ward Councillors to support the Sharks development.What more can we do, as it seems the Shark haters have Speakman and possibly the councillors wrapped around their little fingers???

Megalodon

Juniors
Popper

I reckon you just have to encourage everyone you know who is in favour of the Development to send in their submission.

Custom written ones are better I reckon but a good starting point is:

http://supportthesharksdevelopment.com.au/

That site has all the key details, addresses and links in one easy to read page. It also has it's own submission form where people can highlight which advantages they wish to support.

Cheers.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Wasn't it already proven that you didn't care about "flooding" and you were only hanging onto it as an excuse in the other thread?

Can anyone, don't care who, point to, or show me where it says this thing will be 16 storey's? Note: not a random line somewhere, something official please.

No, flooding is one of many issues I have raised against this proposal. Read back through the other thread.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Who are the people opposed to the development? I received a flyer in the mailbox from `Stop the Sharks development' so it's obvious they have a concerted campaign against having an NRL team in the Shire. But no names are mentioned - either on the flyer or on their website. They even have anti-Shark format letters and emails available for their fellow Shark haters to send to relevant authorites.
Me? I was in Qld when the rally was on but I've already written to the State Planning Authority, Speakman, and my three Ward Councillors to support the Sharks development.What more can we do, as it seems the Shark haters have Speakman and possibly the councillors wrapped around their little fingers???

Perhaps you should be asking questions about the management of your club.

Imagine, being told "well six storeys won't save the Sharks". I'm sorry, but residents tend to get a little upset when the number of storeys you add to a tower is determined by the level of debt of an NRL Club.

To be frank, long time (30 to 40 years) supporters have said to me it is not worth destroying our wonderful area to save this club.

Quigs

Immortal
To be frank, long time (30 to 40 years) supporters have said to me it is not worth destroying our wonderful area to save this club.

See Pic

The Defence Rests your Worship

development-8.jpg

R2Coupe

Juniors
Genuine concerns are one thing but lies and scare mongering are another

Flooding is not an issue
The area is not a flood plain

The Attorney,

You may not have read my post in the other thread. The area is a floodplain and it is not scare mongering,

As taken from an Office of Environment and Heritage letter to the Planning Dept. dated 26 August 2011. Copy of the letter is on Planning Dept website.

The is the defintive advice from the foremost NSW Authority -

As detailed, in the then Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water's letter dated 25 March 2011, OEH is concerned that the proposal may be impacted by flooding and may adversely impact on flooding in adjacent properties.

Suitable arrangements for floodwater and overland flow need to be considered from the earliest stages of the design process, particularly when the site is identified as being on a floodplain. Otherwise adverse effects on flood behaviour might prove difficult to rectify.

Whislt the Environmental Assessment's Draft Statement of Commitments identifies the need for a detailed flood assessment in future applications for the development, the flood assessments should be undertaken at the initial conceptual stage. On this basis, it is not possible for OEH to state that the presented Enviornmental Assessment adequately addresses the Director General's Environmantel Assessment Requirements and OEH would need to repeat these concerns already rasied if the proposal is on public exhibition at this time.

For Newman, Ausguy, Carcharies, JC Loser and others who ridiculed my concern about the site being a floodplain and the merits of the proposal, the site is a floodplain and it is a fact.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Ok . I'll call you Frank the phuckwitt
Liar.

You can call me whatever you like but it doesn't change the fact many residents, including long time Sharks supporters, believe the club is not worth saving if the amenity of the area is going to be destroyed.

R2Coupe

Juniors
1. To date, flooding issues have not been addressed to the satisifaction of the Office of Environment and Heritage. The Dept has expressed concerns about the flood pattern being altered by the development which may send flood waters towards surrounding suburbs. Parts of North Caringbah are a few hundred metres from the site.
2. Economic impact on existing centres - the establishment of a retail facility will impact on many small businesses in Cronulla, Woolooware and Caringbah. Do you recall the impact of Miranda on Caringbah?
3. Cumulative impact of development at Greenhills and this proposal on traffic along the Peninsula and all roads in between. Many major intersections are already at capacity,
4. Proposal being over 1klm from Woolooware station will increase car reliance and further impact on traffic,
5. Impact of development (run off etc) on Towra Pt Aquatic Reserve
6. The proposal to utilise Cronulla High School playing fields will impact on sports already utilising the fields. In fact Council would like to utilise the fields to make up for the shortfall in such facilities.
7. Lack of parking at the proposal, 700 car spaces proposed but if you calculated requirement using Council's regs it is just over 1500 actually required. Where will the remainder park? In the places reserved for users of Solander and Captain Cook fields and neighbouring suburbs.
8. The height and scale of the development (up to 16 storeys) is out of character with surrounding suburbs. Where else is 16 storey development in North Caringbah and North Woolooware.

There is more.

LOL, they recognise there is no possibility of any Aboriginal objects to be found, yet they want mapping, profiling and a cultural assessment of the area for objects or any past Aboriginal occupation.

Its a wonder anything gets built in NSW.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
1. To date, flooding issues have not been addressed to the satisifaction of the Office of Environment and Heritage. The Dept has expressed concerns about the flood pattern being altered by the development which may send flood waters towards surrounding suburbs. Parts of North Caringbah are a few hundred metres from the site.
2. Economic impact on existing centres - the establishment of a retail facility will impact on many small businesses in Cronulla, Woolooware and Caringbah. Do you recall the impact of Miranda on Caringbah?
3. Cumulative impact of development at Greenhills and this proposal on traffic along the Peninsula and all roads in between. Many major intersections are already at capacity,
4. Proposal being over 1klm from Woolooware station will increase car reliance and further impact on traffic,
5. Impact of development (run off etc) on Towra Pt Aquatic Reserve
6. The proposal to utilise Cronulla High School playing fields will impact on sports already utilising the fields. In fact Council would like to utilise the fields to make up for the shortfall in such facilities.
7. Lack of parking at the proposal, 700 car spaces proposed but if you calculated requirement using Council's regs it is just over 1500 actually required. Where will the remainder park? In the places reserved for users of Solander and Captain Cook fields and neighbouring suburbs.
8. The height and scale of the development (up to 16 storeys) is out of character with surrounding suburbs. Where else is 16 storey development in North Caringbah and North Woolooware.

There is more.

Provide links to each of these points or I will ask a mod to delete them.

Latest posts